Rating: Dinodirect.com

Ouch. How long it does ship to Lithuania usually?

Lessee...DD, DX, MF crossed-off the list. On a roll here. A veritable juggernaut. Unstoppable. Tear-assing through Chinese suppliers like white on rice.

Beware the ides of March.

Oh_no

I had to file a claim with PayPal today against DD

If I get the order I will cancel the claim.

One order 20 days after that one from DD I already got, so either they never sent it when they said they did or its lost.

- December 29, 2011: ordered two Tank007 E09s & some fishing lures, paid immediately via PayPal.

- January 1, 2012: received email thanking me for my patience and offering 50 Dino Points.

- January 5, 2012: received email thanking me for my patience and offering 100 Dino Points.

- January 11, 2012: received email with a shipping confirmation of my entire order.

- January 11, 2012: received email with a picture of one flashlight.

- January 13, 2012: received email telling me one flashlight shipped.

- In the meantime: received the lures first, then one flashlight about a week later.

- February 8, 2012: opened case against DD via PayPal requesting refund of $10.99 USD for the one flashlight not delivered.

- February 8, 2012: refund declined by DD asking me to close the case and wait until Feb. 12th.

- February 14, 2012: escalated to claim via PayPal.

- February 15, 2012: refund received from DD for $10.99 USD. case closed. thank you & bye bye!

Now can you guys stop defending dinodirect? Anticipation isnt really fun after all. I would not mind if they told me an item was back ordered, just dont say its been shipped and have me looking, listening, and waiting on the mailman. Thats just wrong, false hope. Like ive said before, we all got screwed, it is not an isolated incident, we all ordered the same things around the same time, and all claimed to be shipped around the same time too, and none of us have gotten anything, my items claimed to be shipped over a month ago, i will never get it, neither will you guys.

DD answered my PP dispute: "sometimes it takes long time to arrive bla bla bla, We appreciate your understanding and hope you can kindly close the dispute. After you close it, you can open a case in your account or come to live chat to chat with us if you have any problems about the status of your package, and we will refund you immediately when the missing time comes and the transaction ID for refund will be sent to you by e-mail. We sincerely appreciate your trust.".

Yeah, right. They're not getting any more of my money.

Just a little update from my order. I haven't checked it for about a week. I still didn't receive photos but I looked and found I now have tracking numbers.

DD claims they sent my order on 02/07/2012 12:XX AM and 02/08/2012 05:XX AM. Both my orders left HK on 17/02 according to the HK post website. That seems a little suspicious, it doesn't normally take so long for a parcel to leave HK from my experience.

And according to the info on the NZ post website the one supposedly sent on 02/08 was picked up 02.XX PM on 15/02/12. The other one doesn't work, I guess it hasn't entered in to the NZ system yet (in the HK website the one that works says 'and is being processed for delivery to the addressee'.

Okay even given that DD seem to use some weird US timezone internally for reasons I don't understand, if I believe DD it should have left on 02/08 and 02/09. I can understand and have experience with it taking 2 days or so for a shipment to show as 'picked up' so at the absolute latest it should have been on 02/13 (allowing for the weekend) not 02/15.

Either DD only sends someone to the HK post office once every week, perhaps when the friend of the owner is working so they get good rates, or they're fibbing about when it was sent. This may also explain why it took so long for a tracking number to show up, normally when someone says they sent an item they can send me the tracking number straight away even if it takes 2 days or so for it to work in the tracking system.

P.S. If you don't remember my order was split in to 2 parts. The total order is over $50 so I was supposed to get free tracking. The split orders are I think under $50 each although I don't know what was in each part.

But you can't use the larger coupons then. I kept my order slightly over $80 so I used the $18 off $80 coupon :-P Also if you spend over $50 you hopefully get tracking even if they send it in 5 orders. Eventually....

P.S. This thread is nearly as large as the next top 3 stickied threads in the budget dealer experiences forum combined (manafont, DX, lightake). Unfortunately for DD, this isn't a good sign.

Opened my dispute couple of days ago, @ day 42 (or 43, couldn't work it out exactly). Ordered and payed on Jan 1st for a siver 504b. They claim it was shipped on Jan 3rd. Swapped several emails before I opened dispute; 'Please wait little more, your patience will be appreciated, if order not received by Feb 18th pls contact us and we will give satisfactory outcome for you..'

There was more, but most of you know it word for word already. Feb 18th would have been just over the 45 day deadline. I'll wait most of the 20 days then file a claim, but I really can't be bothered with it all. And it's not just DD; HKE claim to have sent a replacement Xtar WP2 MKii months ago (never arrived), still waiting on a Brynite PD03B AAA twisty from Easylight ordered on Jan 7th; eventually had to get a refund from TomTop for a Sipik clone that never reached me.. I've had enough.

By tomorrow, i get my money back, they went silent when i changed the claim to a dispute on paypal, thanks summer for everything you did not do or promissed you would do, aNd the fake assurance. Hahaha
I have also used paypal for nearly 10 years and have never once filed a claim.

I was told to wait until the beginning of March and contact them again if I haven't received the item by then. Of course this date is well outside the 45 days you have to open a dispute, which I'm sure they're well aware of.

Needless to say I opened a dispute, if I haven't received the item within the next 20 days I doubt I'll ever get it. My experience with their so called customer support has been so far less than stellar (e.g. having to wait 30-40 mins before getting an answer on Live Chat and then getting the runaround).

I was looking at the packaging photos on Facebook and came across this amusing one

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422181_29850962354534_100001624957728_1208391_1698226067_n.jpg (direct link to image should work even without Facebook)

That is state of the art technology right there.

Anyway a little update on my order. It seems it hadn't completely shipped yet. I wasn't sure since DD was unclear. It did say part shipped in the order history page but I was wondering if that was a bug because it had shipped in 2 seperate parts (about a day apart as mentioned before). It didn't seem to show any details like stuck at processing or whatever for a third part in the 'order tracking' page unless I missed it many times. But today I logged in and it's now showing shipped in the order history and in order tracking it shows up as 3 parts. I also got an email saying my order shipped.

And another email with preship photo. Except I worked out based on the date the photo is for the first part. No other emails or photos. However I realised the photos are on Facebook. And looking at DD on Facebook, they have many albums sorted apparently by date and rough time. I have an idea of the date and time for the other parts. Also they include an affliate ID which is basically the order number (for tracking if people order products via your links). So I checked each album around the expected date and time, view source and search for the one with my order number (probably not the most efficient method) and eventually find my order photos.

I can't be sure these are actually photos from my order, in fact for one part although they sent two items it only shows one item. But I'm now slightly more inclined to believe they really did package my order around the time they said they did. Why it took so long to get processed in HK I still don't know.

Another interesting point, while looking at the albums I noticed a lot of consecutive photos with the same item. These often look like exactly the same photo! In some cases the focus is different or something like the strap on a torch is in a different place. But the torch still looks to be in exactly the same place. These are usually different orders (different app ids). It's possible DD only sent it do one person and is reusing the photo. However I also noticed usually when the product is not consecutive the photo seems different.

All this combined suggests to me the photos are semi-real. However when the person is sending several of the same items consecutively, they don't usually bother to photograph each one individually. Instead they just put one in the box and take several photos.

You can see an example of that http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.290483151015848.73930.100001624957728&type=3 There are many of the crap USB vacuum cleaner they were having cheap. Many of these are the same, but there are at least 3 different photos. And it's clear it's a different vacuum in the different photos from the position of the label. When consecutive the photos look the same but they change when they are not. (I guess the second last photo is different because there are 2 items although the person only took the vacuum cleaner.)

Another interesting case is this http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.298300896900740.75455.100001624957728&type=3 . You can see my JetBeam BA20 here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=298401596890670&set=a.298300896900740.75455.100001624957728&type=3 . There are also 4 JetBeam BA20 earlier that are consecutive. The photo is clearly different, as is the box (the serial number label is in a different position) from my one but they are the same as each other. I don't know why my one is special, it may be because it's a part order or it needs tracking.

One more thing I noticed, you often see items shipping together. Like the JetBeam BA20. And on the same day I noticed a bunch of Ultrafire C8s. I'm guessing this means they just got new stock and are sending to (hopefully all) those waiting.

P.S. Sadly on the same day the second part of my order was sent, a JetBeam BA20 was sent. I guess they just ran out of stock around the time I ordered and I had to wait about 1.5 weeks for them to get more :-(

P.P.S. As I had been expecting based on the tracking, one part of my order arrived today.

Look at the e-mail I received (I should say that I never bought anything at DD, although I informed my email. I should also say that it was pasted here, so there are NO transcription errors):

Dear customer: We are so sorry to inform you that your wedding dress has not been shipped on time because the "Supply Preparing" is still processing.

It would usually take more days to custmoize the item in your order,so hope you can kindly understand and allow us more time to prepare your package.

We will try our best to make your order priority onec it is filled. A notification Email will be sent to your email box. Onec the package is shipped out,please check your email box by then.

What's more, if your order delivery service is regular post service, we will change it into express for free, and if your order delivery service is Express, we will refund you shipping free.

This is a system-generated email,please do not reply!

Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated!

A wedding dress? Someone will be disappointed....

My BA20s has been shipped finally!

Submit order:02/06/2012
Packaging & Shipped:02/19/2012

I got mail "out of stock" mail once after stocking up. Frown

There is no tracking number yet.

Anybody who ordered(in January) P2A gets shipping mail?

jaja they are too funny i bet that they live in a smoke cloud of weed xD

can understand that could not be funny at all for who have troubles, specially for the girl w8ing the dress xD

So i wont be back anymore, and not worried about them scam artists ever again, maybe ill bump into you guys on another thread. Once again, i ordered a klarus p1a at the beginning of january, they claimed it shipped on jan 16, even sent me a photo of my light “alledgedly” like you all got, suspected it wasnt shipped, filed a dispute on feb 8, they told me to close it and wait, like hell i was, paypal told me not to close it, summer told me a few days later that they will get the shipment soon and that they were sorry, and would ship my order, so i asked her, do you admit you guys didnt send it? Then miss ladyboy, i call it ladyboy, because i honestly think its a guy posing as a woman, goes back to the original story, and tells me it did ship on jan 16 and to give them more time. Well yesterday feb 18th, i got my money back, my headache…gone. i think chrysler is one of summers multiple personalities.

I took a chance and ordered a Tank 007 e05 from DD a few days ago. I must have gotten lucky because my order shipped out in 2-3 days!!! Maybe they ship orders out quicker for first time buyers to lure them back for the "ultimate scam" ? :P

PP will remind you 4 or 5 days before the expiration of the claim, and again one day before expiration. After which they will automatically close the claim if you don't do anything.