Rating: Dinodirect.com

I agree.

That as a percentage is a lot of money.

I could not be bothered buying from DD as all the coupon malarky is a bore and I just buy from places that have a price, preferably in my currency.

My favourite DD thing the other week was the white dude painted black as a paedo-santa.

Too many HK/China etc. buyers, not just flashlight enthusiast's, 'think'?...........

"Oh, i don't want to upset this supplier as they won't like me and i will have problems next time i buy"............

I could not give a damn about suppliers that try it on and do not waste time communicating with them and just hit the cc or praypal claim button, they actually respect that, but whether they do or not is irrelevant.

Last time I looked, some years back, basic praypal accounts only allowed 3 claims per year, so jokers certainly need to be avoided by those account holders.

I bought this light http://www.dinodirect.com/ultrafire-wf504b-led-flashlight-5mode-600lumen-xm-lt6-silvery.html from them last night. No receipt or order number, just the "Thank you for your order" page. Somewhere it said I'd get an email confirming my order, but this hasn't happened, although my PP acct. has definitely been debited. Not very reassuring..

As I recall, my last order from them, for the black version of the above, went the same way. On that ocassion the torch arrived fairly quickly and I was very pleased; for the price it's great. Obviously hoping for a similar result this time. But, if things go wrong, I wouldn't give much for my chances of a happy resolution. Is anyone actually a member of DD? Are there any benefits - or problems - with joining their club? I'm not thinking of coupons here, but more efficient customer service.

i bought on 12/29/2011,contacted DD live chat and have been told items have been sent out,

i asked for tracking number,they said i did not buy insurance $2 so i will not get one

and i asked if orders above $50 qualify for free tracking and they said yes.

i opened a dispute at pp and they sent a email saying items have been shipp on 1/3/2012.they contacted

me thru pp and asked me to close the dispute.what do you folks think?

avoid??

Not sure... what is the problem with your order? Why did you open a dispute?

Order paid @ 25/12/2011. Order status still is "order paid", next steps are: Order approved - Stocking up - Packaging - Shipped.

Sooo, my order isn't even approved yet! I think I am going to have so much fun with them...

same with my order..got the shipped email and picture, but no tracking number and my order still says order received on their site..my order was over 100$ and I paid the 2$ for insurance so I get a tracking number..I started a case asking for my tracking number but i'm sure they sent it without one..pretty crappy if you ask me, but the price was right so hopefully I get what I ordered in good shape..

I have 1 order in same situation: received shipping confirmation and preship pictures, but the order remains "order received". The order was placed on 24th November, "shipped" on 1st december and still has not arrived.

When it will approach the 45 day dispute limit, I will open a dispute and raise it into claim if neccesary. No product arrived = 32 dollar refunded. (I hope paypal will refund my money)

My order is $100 too and I also paid for insurance but I didn't got a shipping confirmation, just two emails (one every four days) promising that they are going to credit me 50 / 100 dino points and handle this order as a priority in case they delay it. I hope the next steps don't take eight days each.

they said its shipped without tracking number,thats on 1/31 or 1/1/2012.after opening a dispute,they now say its shipped on 1/3/2012

thats how they do business?they offered $2 giftcard,i said no.why not return $2 into my pp and they said cant return money,$2 insurance= $2 into pp,thats fair?

because of no tracking number provided i opened a dispute

it was the sunwayman v60c..couldn't not buy it for the price they had it for lol..

No, that order is not the tank obviously.... I have placed 4 orders at DD and no one has arrived. About 56$ spent on them. Hope I will not have not open 4 disputes/claims..... And the worst thing is that many of the items ordered are not for me, but for gifting them as birthday gifts on 14th and 19th January respectively... Hope the things arrive on time. If not.........................................................

Bunch of liars these DD.

First they changed my courier from Fedex to what they told me was EMS, without informing first.

After a week of correspondence, I was intrigued by the tracking number they gave me so I asked here and also asked hkpost, DD actually used regular hongkongpost for my order, this was ordered December 13, shipped December 21 I was hoping it would arrive in time for the holidays so I used Fedex.

One week of email and customer service correspondence, I kept asking why they used EMS, they kept insisting because EMS is better - until I found out they used regular mail, now they say regular mail is the same as Fedex.

Even Summer, appears to have gone quiet upon telling her that I found out they used regular mail.

Opened a dispute on paypal too, they want me to close it and they would refund just $10, I told them refund my whole purchase first and then I'll close it.

I bought uf2100 tf z1 batteries all where shipped within two weeks and all work fine oh I got a cheap laser pointer to, faster than dx and I lobe dx and kaidoman , waiting on tart order now ,btw I didn’t see this thread before I ordered if I had I probably would not have ordered, after reading this I feel like I got lucky

so got my tracking number today..awesome! it'll be here in no time already left HK...

Ordered

4 x 2 Trustfire 18650 Protected 2400mAh

on 26th of December.

Got the Trackingmail on 29th of December, but i didn't work..

Today I tried again and it seems to work =)

I don't have high expectations for DD. You have to understand that they are a high volume, low priced merchandise reseller on the other side of the planet. Issues tend to take more than a few days as correspondence go back and forth with the lag in time zone. Also not to mention any potential logistic issues as it goes through 2 international borders.

Honestly, I believe they have better customer service than AT&T, Rogers, Telus, & Bell put together based on my experience. In NA, we're used to being screwed over by the telecommunication companies and tend to just accept it. And if you have had good experience you are either a fool or in denial or your experience will be forthcoming. Have you asked our non-North American BLF members how much they pay for their cell phone bills? It's astonishing.

For example, in last 2 months I put through 6 orders at DD. 3 have been received in about 15 calendar days or less. 1 order was out of stock so I told them to refund me through paypal. They offered gift card instead. Whatever~! BTW - it took about 10 days from the day I opened a case to when I received the gift card in my email.

My other order on Dec 11 was put through. I expected this to be delayed due to the Christmas rush and customs backlogged issues in both HK & my own country. It took DD 2 days to fill the order and put it through the mail, 8 days in HK mail & customs, 2 days to flight it over to Canada and has since been sitting in Canada customs from the 23rd of December.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that don't expect too much from these guys (this is the way it is and we'll just have to accept it). Go in with a certain level of expectation. Just remember you freaking out and increasing your blood pressure doesn't really fix anything. You posting crap on a forum about them doesn't really mess with their overall sales (but it does give other forum members on what to expect when dealing with these type of companies and online transactions). Funny thing is that I see people complaining and threatening to stop purchasing from them and a while later they posted what an awesome deal they are getting at DD. If you find one company better service than the other then start buying from them instead and so on. But if you are as cheap as me, just buy from whoever has the best deals. Otherwise pay a little more for no drama.

Just my $0.02 and i don't expect you to agree with me.

ORDER Expected RECEIVE
SELLER Description DATE Date DATE
dinodirect.com laser & 3 torches 11/17/2011 12/2/2011
dinodirect.com 2 torches 11/27/2011 12/12/2011
dinodirect.com 3 x 2 14500 batts 12/3/2011 12/15/2011
dinodirect.com 2 torches 12/11/2011 12/26/2011
dinodirect.com 4 holsters 12/18/2011
dinodirect.com 2 drop ins 1/1/2012 1/16/2012

@ BIGWOOD:

You bring up completely valid points. I have never used KD, DD or DX just based on horror stories I've read about here and on MTBR and Bike Forums. I made the decision long ago to stick to 2-3 other sites and have been very happy. Never had an issue with Manafont until last order, still in the resolution phase. Your point about phone companies is spot on, and add to that just about any other utility like cable, gas or electric. But your other point piqued my interest:

"And if you have had good experience you are either a fool or in denial or your experience will be forthcoming. Have you asked our non-North American BLF members how much they pay for their cell phone bills? It's astonishing."

I'll admit I'm totally ignorant on this point - will we North Americans be astonished by how much more or less our non-NA members are paying? I know I'm paying out the wazoo for a Total U.S. family plan with 3 iPhones + 1 regular phone. Roaming on trips to Canada is ridiculous, don't even bother on trips to Europe and the phone probably wouldn't work there anyway. So are other people around the world paying a lot less?

Sorry. I didn't put that very clearly. We (North Americans) pay much much much more than most of the planet. When travelling (ie trip to Asia) it was cheaper to buy a new phone and plan than to use my own. Also some American or most Canadian carriers have their phones locked and don't let you put other network SIM cards in them unless the 2 companies have made a deal as in At&t and Rogers.

You have to love their description. "Are you afraid of the dark?"

HAHAHHHHAHAHAAHA

As Bigwood stated "But if you are as cheap as me, just buy from whoever has the best deals"

I think that applies to most people who order from DD

But I think it was directed to me :-)