Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

These options (1) and (2) don’t even make sense.
EDIT. Oh, I think I get it.
They offer either
$12.99 in the Wallet plus 12.99x5=60 points or maybe 65 if they round up instead of down
or
nothing in the wallet plus 12x50=600 points or maybe 650, ditto.

Neither one makes good sense to me. If points could be converted for full value for an individual purchase, that would be OK.
But no. Only some small fraction of the sale price can be paid in points, no matter how many points you have credited to you.

I instead suggested they send me either of 2 items (either one costs somewhat less than the $12.99 amount)
because I don’t want to have a “wallet” and don’t like “points”

The “points” can never be used up, because only a few can be used for any given purchase.
Once you start, your “points” are just accumulating to tempt you to keep buying more #@)$& from the same source.

without words…

10 unprotected 30Q batteries together in a small piece of thin film!
incredibly

On top of that still totally dirty:

Had I known that, I would not even be ordered for free!

Hmm, Ive seen this before, after their previous 30Q sale, there were exactly the same pictures with dirty and poorly packed batteries!

I wonder why the printing is so uneven? Someone tested those and said that they appear to be genuine, otherwise that poor looks would make you think they are counterfeit.

I have 8x 30Q in transit with registered mail, lets see how they look like when they arrive, nevertheless with such poor lithium battery packing its very risky for airplanes!

???)??

How were those shipped?

Dont know about Hannoveraners, but mine are with Swedish post airmal.

On those 30Q cells — can you read the “lot number” printed faintly up near the positive end?
Something like this: Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket
hat tip to earlier topic on manufacturing date codes at Samsung date codes

I can imagine they got a dirty batch that someone swept up and bundled to sell off cheap (sigh)

I think they got “dirty” from the label gearbest a placing on the individual cells, that ink is very runny.

I got a Y3 shipped like that, but i guess i was lucky because i had only a tiny discoloration scratch on the tail cap hardly noticeable, and a tiny tiny pin sized missing anodizing from a knurling edge at the tube.

Mine came with Swedish post airmail too. They were delivered 14 days after receiving Paypal notification of payment.
The batteries came per two in a sealed foil bag. Wrapped in lots of bubble sheet and put in a bubble lined envelope.
They were clean, not smudged and had no stickers with SKU numbers or “clarifications” about their identity.
All I have to do now is stop fiddling with my A6, put it together again, feed it one of these batteries and smile a lot!

I got Y3's with dings like that in the past - same here, no big issue though I wish they came in clean of course.

Difference here is they had two Y3's in one wrapping (stupid me for ordering two), so they had plenty of opportunity to bounce against each other, and since they were packed toe-head, head-toe, the bodies, not just the heads could get banged up.

That is a very good point, it was the two lights that banged in to each other who damaged them so much, and had i ordered 2 that would have happened to me probably as well.

That something to keep in mind until gearbest fixes this bad packing problem they seem to have.

I really don’t get it, the tiny sum they are saving on skimping on packaging have to be lost many many times over in lost disputes, refunds & lost goodwill & trust in there store.

Can you believe this? I can’t.
They told me they couldn’t replace the problem item that cost $12.99, and offered wallet and points.
I replied:

This is the reply:

My reply will be — since they are still advertising for sale both the problem light I complained about, and the two lower cost alternatives I suggested,
it’s sad that they are out of stock. But I trust that they will restock so I will happily wait for a replacement. I do not want a wallet and points.

I could order either of those right now — although they’ve told me they’re out of stock, they’re still taking orders. Hmmmm ……

what’s wrong here? Maybe their “stock level for” me differs from their stock level for everybody else …

Hi guys,

I B*tch as much as the next guy when things go wrong, but then, I also have to give credit when I see it as being due.

Here’s what I have ordered from Gearbest in the last couple of months:

4X Samsung protected 26F cells - Took about a month for delivery. - Good.

Olight S15 (not S15R) - I canceled the order because it was taking too long to ‘process’, so I knew they were out of stock. - Refund in Less than 24hrs! - Good.

Another 4pcs of the 26F cells (after I saw that they were indeed Genuine, and were Clean)… packing could have been better for both orders, but all looked very fine. - About a month… Both orders for these were ‘processed’ within 3 days, it’s just that they came by ‘Swedish Surface’, so that gonna have to take some time to get to the US. - I don’t usually buy less than the ‘cutting edge’ in new cells, but every now and then I will get a light that has to have a button-top, or a Longer length cell to function. - These do the job, and at just over 12bucks for 4… The ‘Budget’ in me said, Go For It! :wink:

The 2nd 4 came just the other day and I’m Very pleased with the cells (Just like the first 4), and my LiitoKala 500 analyzing charger agrees with me. - They are Real! - None of this white ‘sticker’ BS like I see on the pics of the “DIRTY” Samsung 30Q’s. - I wonder what’s the deal with those 30Q - Why do they need that crappy sticker?

Olight S30 - I was tempted to cancel this order too, as ‘processing time’ told me that it was not in stock. - I posted about it in one of these Gearbest threads, and GB replied that they were indeed getting more in, and that I ‘might’ be one of the lucky ones :) I was indeed, and the light is Perfect in every way! - Of course I did pay for upgraded shipping and Insurance, so maybe that helped? - I really dunno. - Took almost a month from payment to receive; not too bad at all, considering the 10 days or so of waiting for GB to get the stock.

Here’s what I think about Gearbest…:

Sometimes the deals are too good to pass up, so I have to buy. - Always pay for Tracking, like GB advises you to do. - If there is a problem of not receiving goods, or if the goods are defective, here is where the trouble starts… Having to deal with someone that actually tells you to check with the Post Office in the Next City Over from me. - Really? - That’s not good at all. - This happened to me about 4 months back. - Gearbest finally agreed to re-ship, and I did receive the product about a month later… It was just too much back-and-forth BS for what it was worth. - Aggravation. :frowning:

Anyway - @Gearbest! (if you are listening) - I will continue to order stuff from you, but if the price is the same ‘elsewhere’, then I will order from them. - Sorry - ‘They’ just seem to be a bit better at getting what I paid for into my hands without issues.

@Gearbest! - Nobody’s perfect, and so you have the opportunity to improve here and maybe you could really be the ’Best”?

There is no need for such words like: “Very sorry that you are having a problem”… - Instead, just do what Everybody Wants to start with - ‘We’ pay the money, and ‘You’ ship the product PROMPTLY, without any excuses or giving us the runaround about what ‘WE’ need to do to ‘choose’ how we would like to resolve this. This is YOUR problem, not ours! - Our Money was Good, was it not? - “Wallet” “Points” - Is that how we paid you? - NO!

We want either our Money back, or the Product that ‘You’ promised - My money is in ‘my’ wallet, but if I accept your ‘wallet’ offer, I don’t have the money in my pocket - You have it in my/your wallet. - That’s borderline Criminal to me.

That Day… The day that you finally decide that you want to do right by everyone that has given their money to you - That’s when Everybody will know that you really are GearBEST.

Have a good day, and thank you,
-Chuck

well said

PP Sweden

Start your paypal disputes first, then contact the staff of grossly incompetent imbeciles at GB. They are either severally mentally handicapped or their management instructs them to act ignorant with their customers in the hopes that you will give up and let them steal your money. Many of my disputes with GB end in false promises and lies from orders that are never fulfilled. Thats where paypal kicks in and refunds my money. To expedite the process, just remember to escalate your paypal claim as soon as paypal allows it. Enough complaints will force paypal to suspend its relationship with GB, just as had happened to wallbuys. Also, NEVER CANCEL YOUR PAYPAY DISPUTE, NO MATTER WHAT LIES GB TELLS YOU until their promise has been fulfilled through completion and 100% to your expectations.

Also, dont be afraid to call paypal and speak with a claims supervisor and ask them to begin proceedings to end their relationship with GB. I did this several times when wallbuys tried to rip me off before paypal finally examined the overwhelming number of claims its customers had filed against that pathetic company and pulled the plug. It was really great to see them all get what they deserved in the end. :bigsmile:

After reading BLF member product reviews, I generally know what to expect. I personally accept nothing less than what I pay for. When a vendor sends me bad merchandise, I immediately file a paypal dispute for a 100% refund and ALWAYS win my disputes. If they want their crappy product back, then they will have to pay 100% of the return shipping. I hope everyone will do the same and force the vendor to either act responsibly and conduct business in an ethical manner… or go out of business and seek employment elsewhere.

GEARBEST…. YOU’RE FIRED!!!

LOL :smiley:

1) promote the product for them
2) get a coupon to buy it
3) find out if it’s worth your reputation to promote it

+1 :frowning:

-Chuck

I dont have facebook, can anyone share the codes here if its a public coupon code? (for the phones)