Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

This happens often and even though it can be frustrating.

Best avenue is contact Karen for help. She works hard for us.

Everybody needs to understand that there can be a language barrier when dealing with any non-English speaking country. Google translate is far from perfect AND even though they (Chinese vendors) do sell to English speaking people that does not mean that there are not challenges. ;)

Hi hank, thanks for your suggestings, I will submit this to our related department

Hi bugsy36, thanks for your trust :wink:

Hi mrwolf, sorry bring you trouble, and if you need any help, please be free to PM me, I and CsgearBest in BLF will try to our best to help you

I have been in contact with Karen/Sydnie through PM. I thought all was good and I informed her/him, that my order was going to be reshipped.

Then I receive the crap above from CS@gearbest.com 2 days later.

Fifteen months ago Gearbest started their own thread on their shipping problems.

Fifteen months of inaction towards changing, this is their business model.

Hi Brad,
Good one mate.
I just checked when this thread was opened by SB after you posted. Gotta have a giggle by the way GB have changed.

Here is Gearbest’s own thread trying to deal with the complaints, they started it back in 8/12/2014.

Same story here, except some of the grime and crap still remained after cleaning with alcohol several times.

With the state they arrived in I had some doubts they were genuine cells, but a couple runs through the opus said they were around 2920mAh @ 1A.

Ok, Karen from Gearbest has contacted me through PM, and I think/hope all is sorted out now.
Cheers guys.

Glad to hear that it is worked out. Different people,,,,different departments but Karen is worth her weight in gold.

I think there is no doubt here that gearbest have had serious problems with both packing and shipping. But for me my last 3 orders have arrived very quickly, leading me to the conclusion that they may turned a corner in that respect. But the way some items have been packed recently shows that they still have problems that need to be addressed.

As for CS I really only deal with Karen,Sidnie and Gina (I think) and they have been superb.

So I for one will keep shopping there and have placed 7 orders or so in the last week or two and I am quite confident they will all get here.

Marc.

Placed order on 05.11, package sent from China on 12.11 with PostNL. My tracking number only reports: “16-11-2015 11:30 The item is pre-advised.” so it has not even reached Netherlands.

Should I worry? How long does this transit from China to Netherlands takes? (postnl website says 5-15 working days). :frowning:

When should I request a refund?

I think the AVOID notice doesn’t do much here…
Look at the first page :

Not sure I understand.

Marc.

Are you saying that GB should have avoid for each thread, that GB has too many threads advertising their site, or that people aren’t taking enough notice of the “AVOID” status?

Edit- glad I’m not the only one that didn’t get it.

SB is not instructing people to stop shopping there. And like most of us here I’m sure he wants them to improve and loose their AVOID status. But they have not been banned.

Haters are gonna hate, simple as that.

If you don’t like gearbest, then just don’t shop there is it really so hard.
But no you guys just have to tell everyone who will listen over and over again how bad they are.

Are you haters just incapable of getting over a bad experience you had and move on?

As you might have noticed plenty of us still believe that they can improve and want them to improve and many of us actually have mostly good experience with them, or at least not much worse than other Chinese international sellers.

I don’t count long shipping times as a “bad” experiences, when i order from chines sellers especially around the holidays, i know and accept that it can take anywhere from around 14 days to 3 months :wink: that is just how it is, some years it is slower like last season but this season they dosen’t so far seem as backed up as last year. But we have to see how it goes when we get closer to the Chinese new year.

For example my latest orders from gearbest have come much quicker in about 18-20 days, instead of more like 30-40 days and that is with no tracking or insurance and just the free shipping option :slight_smile:

I have never lost a package to me from them so far.

So far every time i had an issue and i contacted gearbest or csgearbest the issue have been resolved, and much quicker than using tickets through gearbest’s shop.

For me the biggest hole in there game now is safe packaging, and that the responses through the ticket systems can be frustrating to deal with, and if that was the only way to get after sale support, i might have a harsher view on them.

But thankfully we can get quick support through the forums PM system instead :slight_smile:

Yep. We want them to do better — better for customers, better for the people they hire, and better for whoever it is who owns and manages the business.
It’s opaque from outside China, hard to tell what’s happening — and changing fast.

Example: I bought two blue S2+ flashlights. One came quickly and is perfect. The other came after long delay and was missing the retaining ring for the driver, and the driver was soldered into the threaded part of the pill.

I left a message saying it wasn’t right — am wondering if it’s a third party problem, an inconsistent build from Convoy, a change that will persist, whatever.
Curious, and hoping to be able to know what I’m going to get next time.

I got an immediate reply saying the blue S2+ is out of stock and not available any longer— and an offer to credit the whole price I paid to a “wallet” plus points, or to give me ten times that “dollar equivalent” as points.

Huh. Out of stock. Hmmm. Still for sale; I can still buy another one online, so their page says. What’s wrong here?

Well, that was overboard in one way, and just a trap in another way, as I don’t want a “wallet” in their system, nor “points” that can never be fully spent — when you can only spend points as partial payment, and every purchase gets you more points. See how that works?

So I said no and suggested a couple of flashlights I think could still be moddable, priced less than the amount in question.

They said both of those are also out of stock and not available, and which of the “wallet and points” offers do I want to accept?

Neither one. Hmmmmm.

All three of the flashlights in question are still offered for sale on the web page and can be ordered without getting a message about them being out of stock or delayed.

Hm. Hmmmmm.

Shorter: I do not like being pushed into the “wallet and points” system at all. I think it’s a trap to lock people into being customers.

So I told them to heck with it, forget about it, I found I can buy the missing retaining ring from another company, and got advice on how to clean the solder out of the threads and I’m going to fix the S2+ myself.

I closed the ticket.

Don’t give me no option except putting money into a “wallet” and “points” — set up so I can only spend on more stuff from your company.

And don’t lie to me about what you do and don’t have in stock for sale, to try to push me to take the “wallet and points” — as long as you’ll sell it to anybody else, it’s in stock. Or not.

That’s wrong. End of story.

Trusting the first page of a forum like they do is what annoy me…
BLF is a discussion forum as well as a good place to advertise for china sellers.
But having 3 advertsiing threads in a row for the same seller is’t right IMO.
I think that GB should first take care of their customers and the multiple problems that have been reported here, then stop their dirty commercial moves (like literally buying good rating reviews from customers ) and THEN advertise on their super good prices (which are, of course !)

My point was simply : ONE avoid thread is nothing if 3 superincrediblepriceblackfriday threads are visible at the same time…

No children, it isn’t “hate” and the owner of this forum doesn’t “hate” the retailer, Gearbest, nor does anyone “hate” that flashlight selling business.

We deal with various flashlight sellers, and Gearbest has proven to be lousy, look at their own thread started 15 months ago, admitting it.

Anyone who wants to get rid of their samsung 30Q’s at 3$ a piece I’ll happily buy all you have