Rating: intl-outdoor.com

Hank is great and very friendly. I reccomend paying 2 for tracking if you can as orders seem to take less time. 2 weeks vs 4 for me at least

Hank is really friendly, answer within 24hours (if you cantact him via homepage or PM) - this is really great.

If you make more orders a day to be under the 22€ duty and tax free allowance with each, inform Hank about it. If not, he will combine different orders of day to one big order. This happens with 3 of my orders and now this is one big $100 package and I have to pay duty for this. Not perfect for me, but maybe the information will help other customers in the future.

Nevertheless I will buy more products, because the shop is great, Hank is friendly and the shipping time is better as DX, Kaidoamin, Priceangels and Manafont.

I placed my first order the 27:th of may, and waiting with joy. I know there are many days left. Will update my post on arrival. I got my battery two days ago! really fast, compared to other sites.

The battery (panasonic 3100mah protected) was a bit tilted where the protection curcuit is. Just a little bit disapointed. $14 for one battery. I know its not AW, but still.

I ordered several times from him and always was excellent customer service (fast, friendly and efficient), very good prices and quality products (at least from what I ordered).

Totally recommend it!

Now I get the products of the custom service. The flashlight (a Cyclone C88 and a XinTD C8 V2 are great), I like also the ML-102 chargers, the GITD Lanyards. The diffuser looks good on a Ultrafire C3.

2 days after I bought 15x GITD 42mm O-Rings they decrease the prices (I paid $0,53 each, now they cost $0,73 a pair). They glow not really long and not really bright - the picture looks much greater as they are.

Next time I will not buy the 42mm O-Rings again, but I will try some other stuff.

Short version: Excellent customer service!

Long version: My first order at IOC was a Jetbeam PA40W which I ordered in March. After the light had arrived (about 3 weeks after ordering) I thought that the tint is rather cw and not nw. Mailed to Jetbeam with the serial no. and asked if my sample is supposed to be nw or cw. After getting no answer (btw: still no reaction from Jetbeam after > 3 months) I mailed to Hank who answered within 1(!) hour and admitted that they apparently sent the wrong version. He offered a generous discount and after a few mails I decided to order another PA40W for the discounted price (to be able to compare directly and to gift away the less preferred version afterwards). The PA40W never showed up (unfortunately the package was not tracked) and after 8 weeks I mailed again to Hank to ask if he knew any way to check its status via China Post. He didn't and after waiting two more weeks we assumed that the light got "lost" in the mail. I was naturally very disappointed BUT Hank offered right away first: to resend the light or second: to refund my payment. Being satisfied with the cw PA40 after all I opted for the refund and got my money back two hours later. So even if I didn't get the light I wanted in the first place I am very impressed by the fast and friendly customer service provided by Hank!

BTW I had more orders from IOC and never experienced any problem, the fastest with some DIY parts arrived 11 days after ordering.

LOOK OUT FOR BLF DISCOUNTS

Make sure to look out for BLF discounts for certain items, especially all the new Niteye lights. The option is listed below the description where you would normally select tint if it's available. I just noticed that today. Just a heads up for those who weren't aware.

One example is the Sunwayman T60CS priced at $205 with $20 BLF discount, which brings it to $185.

I’ve been buying a little too much recently from International Outdoor, and must say that Hank is very responsive to any e-mail queries, and addresses issues well!

This must be one of my favourite on-line dealers now!

Cheers
d337944

I paid for tracking, but haven’t received any tracking info. I ordered almost two weeks ago.

UPDATE: I pm’d Hank and he responded quickly. I still don’t see how to check my shipping status without creating an account on his site though.

So far I’ve ordered 4 times from Int’l Outdoor, with another one on the way :wink:
Everything has been good, including communication as well. They get my vote, for sure.

PROS

The guy I communicate with is Hank and I get almost immediate replies to my questions.

He must look at his emails all day to be able to get replies back so quickly.

The products are of high quality.

I have ordered flashlights and Li-ion batteries a few times with no problems at all.

CONS

Yes he does not change prices for anyone on anything, I thought most of those Countries bargained with the buyers and allowed a little drop in the asking price.

Cheers

I really like ordering from I-O. Get exactly what I order, good selection of high quality products, and good communication.

Only two minor complaints:

1) Seems I pay for tracking and never get it - EDIT: I've been mistaken on this part. Seems that I have expected a tracking number although I never added it to my cart (see link). I was thinking I had selected a checkbox at checkout to "Add Tracking" but must be confusing this with another dealer. (I have this issue with Manafont a lot.) My apologies to Hank for misrepresenting Int'l-Outdoor Store.

2) Items status updates to "shipped" almost immediately although it seems they haven't really shipped yet. (To be fair, this may be an issue with HK Post holding the package awhile or something.) I placed two orders in early July, one with I-O and one with KD. Both simple small orders of items in-stock. The KD order arrived about 3 days ahead of the I-O order and when KD said "shipped" it had actually shipped.

Still love dealing with I-O and highly recommend them.

-Garry

Their site is down.

Glad it’s not just me, I thought I had been banned for spending too much time on the site lol!

It has been down for the past week or so.

It was working for me until yesterday, now it’s not.

Any news on this? Was interested in ordering…

AFAIK its only down since last night. A few weeks ago, it was down for a few hours so I hope this gets fixed soon.

The site is back online. :slight_smile: I have an order on the way and gonna order more stuff from him~
*Hank must have forgotten to pay for his site’s server. :smiley:

ordered a NW XM-L T6 3C from them as a tester, arrived with crap on the dome. Managed to clean it off with isopropanol with only a couple of barely detectable marks on the dome. Seems fine in the light I made and lovely tint. Hank offered a ~50% refund on the LED, which I thought was reasonable. I’d really hoped that I would be able to find a decent source for ordering small no.s of NW LEDs (as the shipping from Cutter.com.au can be prohibitive for small orders), but I can’t see the point ordering from Intl.Outdoors again if I can’t trust the product.

PRO
good source of different LED tints
good customer service

CON
needs better QC on their products