Rating: Manafont.com [OUT OF BUSINESS]

Ordered on the 15th Jan delivered on the7th Feb. 23 days.

Manafont has been blowing for me for a while. I ordered from Manafont and Solarforce sales on the same day. I got my order from Solarforce today, and an email from Manafont that they dispatched my order. Six days for SF sales to get the order from China to Wisconsin and six days for Manafont to get a charger into the mail.

Are there any discount codes from Manafont? Id like to try to buy something from there instead of DD. Do they have a 5% off? Or am I thinking of another store?

Just placed my first order with Manafont. TR-J12. Cant wait to get this monster!!

None at all. Manafont do not price match either.

I have got to mention my dealing with Manafont. I've ordered a $13.50 Dongrui All920 from Manafont and for the heck of it ordered a couple of grey UF batteries and charger from Dealextreme. WHAT A MISTAKE. While Manafont quickly prepped and shipped my order WITHIN 24hrs, DX order just sat there doing nothing... and nothing... and nothing. After over a week of nothing, I cancelled the order and DX wanted to give me... partial refund! Luckily I quickly dispute through paypal and then got all my money back.

HUGE difference in business deal here....

Afterwards I ordered another set of flashlight from MF (the famous drop-in T6 module and a blank host), ordered in the morning, and when I got home and checked the order, to my surprise the item has been through the whole "Pending -> Processing ->Dispatched" process. Order shipped in 12 hrs! Awesome prep time MF... two thumbs up. You've got my future business.

I've never had a single issue with Manafont. They even double check things before they ship them out and actually email the customer asking if you still want the product. Check out this email I got from their customer service department...

=============================

We are writing to inform you that about SKU 6636, the description is wrong about voltage. It is 3-4.2V instead of 3-18V.

If it is not what you are interested in, we now have a 1 mode this module (1.8-3V) in stock.

Could you please confirm SKU 6636 with 5 modes is still what you are interested in?

Thank you very much.

=============================

Well written, easy to understand emails. Always a please to deal with. When I have a problem with DX, it usually takes about 4 months to get a refund... I cannot say enough good things about Manafont!

Same with me. I ordered from Solarforce-sales and Manafont (among a few others) earlier this week and Solarforce-sales shipped same day (tracking shows it has now left HK) while MF is still "processing."

My last 7 orders were packed and shipped by the following business day. I guess it just depends on what you order.

It's a shame they have a much smaller selection of lights than DX does. I would like to order all of my stuff from them.

I know Manafont is known as one of the jewels of the flashlight world. Well I experienced their customer service for the first time. I received a SMALL SUN ZY-S11 from them. It is a crappy little $5 zoom type flashlight. Well the first time I used it the reflector dislodged inside. I tried to take it apart but can not get the lens out to access the reflector. I contacted them about 3 weeks ago through their email on their web site to resolve this little problem.

Long story short they never responded. I waited in line at chat on Feb 16 only for them to tell me I needed to send the photo showing the problem again and a photo of the mailing package that is long gone to the dump. I responded with this photo showing the reflector not centered with the lens.

After waiting for almost another week they tell me they see no problem and to file a claim (with who I haven't a clue), and to send photo of the damage and mailing package. Grrrr.

Is it not obvious that this light has issues? I know my phones camera isn't the greatest but I thought this was an adequate photo depicting a reflector gone array. It's only a $5 flashlight....what will happen when a $50 flashlight arrives defective... Needless to say I have to give Manafont a poor rating on customer service up to this point.

They are incredibly slow to respond to anything. I have a claim on a $45 flashlight (ordered 11/30), which they have agreed to but want me to ship it back and they will reimburse me (shipping costs as much as the light). I have offered to get it fixed myself at a cost of $20 and just asked for Manapoints credit. Every email I get, I respond in a matter of hours. Every email I send, I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a response. Basically, they have had my money for 12 weeks and I don't want to spend another $45 on shipping and wait God knows how long to get reimbursed. It is maddening, but I am only going to use MF as a vendor of last resort because of it and not for anything major anymore.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of several hundred dollars worth of merchandise.

My order purchased on 2/7 just finally shipped today 2/24. Then it will have to wait at ICS for a while. I believe Manafont has always been the slowest for me. I also made a purchase from Solarforce-sales the same day and I've had those lights in my possession a few days already and my XTAR batteries have been sitting at ICS for quite a while now (at least they shipped at about the same time). I find it hard to believe it's always HK Post that's delaying shipment. I wonder if it can't be Manafont paying for postage and not getting the product to the Post until later.

Then again, if they're merely using stamps I don't know how HKP would even have that information until it's there already. Regardless, they're the slowest yet again. My very first order from Manafont arrived in 10 days and then it only got much worse after that. I wonder how China ebay sellers manage to consistently get my purchases here the fastest. Hmmmm....

I'm with lang - my last order from Solarforce-sales was placed after I placed my Manafont order and got the SF shipment first. I guess it's a cycle of life thing . . .

goodtimesbadtimesyouknowIvehadmyshareFoy

I have backordered items with them, and their site doesnt work. My last order sat for two weeks, until they shipped one item, and backordered the other two. Sucked because i think the backordered things held up shipment of my item that probably was in stock. I hope manafont isnt dead. I never emailed or chat with them tho, they were straightforward with whats going on. They even included a note in my shipment say what was not sent.

I'm still dealing with a Jan 1 order, waiting a week between communications. Their limited chat is useless. As bad as DX is they communicate 10 better than Manafont.

I can get on no problem, I am using Windows XP and Firefox if it matters.

Same here - no issues getting on. Mac OS / Firefox

I ordered an item back in December. It was not available so not sent.

I tried MF Chat tonight. I only waited about 45 seconds(not 45 mins like DX) I spoke with Ella. Within 2 minutes she told me the item is discontinued and I will be refunded. That is good customer service.

My last 16 orders have been

My last 16 orders have been all good with fast shipping only one problem was they sent me a 5 mode driver instead of a 3 mode driver, but it was like $1 with free shipping so it's no big deal to me.