Rating: Manafont.com [OUT OF BUSINESS]

audrey said it will be forwarded onto management as there is a paypal claim on the order..so i'll wait for Jim to contact me..they have until april 20th..if he has nothing to say or gives me the run around i'll give it to paypal to decide on the outcome..I really hope manafont does the right thing..such a shame to lose my go-to vendor..

Good luck, they never took care of my issues; PayPal is your only recourse. They have your money and mostly they could care less, I imagine not everybody files a claim. It's all your fault it didn't arrive because you didn't pay extra for registered mail? Yep....no registered mail has ever been lost?? that's just plain stupid talk on their part.

Funny how many are complaining about long shipment times, lost packages, etc about MF now; guess they blame all of that because of non-registered packages. It's crazy to think something will arrive at it's destination when you don't actually ship it and then blame the customer......me thinks they speak with fork tongue.

Darnit and i was thinking Manfont would become my go to vendor but recently they seem to be having more problems.

yeah exactly what I got out of the email..it's my fault because I didn't spend the extra 2$..I didn't think I had to...i've never had an order not show up with unregistered..and 2 orders in a row within 10 days of each other? seems odd that 2 would not show up..whichever i'll escalate it come the 20th if they don't fix it..i've never had to do this with paypal..what are the chances I get the verdict?

yeah well who knows what happens if you register it? maybe it will actually show up..lol

You will Win, PayPal protects the Buyer; they *must* prove you received the package; therefore there is no good reason for a buyer to pay extra to ship something. I could see why a Seller would want you to pay for it, it protects THEM not you, bottom line; you didn't get the item and so PP will refund you.

awesome..that is a good thing..makes sense why kd and dx add it free after 20$..protects them if it doesn't arrive..

What a huge change from 10 months ago, and it seems to have infected ALL Chinese vendors. What used to be a 2-3 week wait is now 3-7 weeks, sometimes longer, and quality has been iffy at best.

I got a knife from manafont last week that I actually forgot I ordered. I had ordered two different ones, one arrived in Jan, and the other was backordered. It got here some 3 months later, go figure.

I'm with Foy, I'll gladly pay Lighthound or Shiningbeam an extra $10-15 to get the merchandise here the same week I ordered it, and know it is of decent quality. I'd really like to spend $77 and get that gold monster from MF, but the wait/stress is just not worth it to me.

That is exactly correct, KD & DX doesn't want to take a chance on anything over $20 getting lost and thus they loose; so they automactically upgrade to registered mail; whereas MF thinks we should pay them. Sooner or later it is bound to sink in with MF that their "logic" is flawed.

I wish I could order from the states and not have to pay hefty duty fees..we should be able to freely trade without duties, but we can't..it ends up being almost double the price on most things if they're expensive enough..if Canada had a lighthound it would get my business for sure..

@ trooplewis "ALL Chinese vendors" are not doing this or are like that. I recently recieved an order from Dragon Lasers, it came in 11 days.

yeah I got my order from dd is like 13 days..was the wrong light though lol

I've never even heard of Dragon Lasers, or ever seen them mentioned here.

In terms of the commonly used vendors on this site, it seems that the level of speed and reliability has seriously degraded in the last 10 months.

It does make eBay vendors look good...they still fear poor feedback and seem to get items delivered faster.

"yeah I got my order from dd is like 13 days..was the wrong light though lol"

Exactly what I was talking about...

haha yeah speed was good..light brand wasn't..

I got mine from there in a couple of weeks. It was shipped within 24 hours. Think the longest I've had to wait for shipping was less than 100 hours.

I've never had to deal with their CS except the time I blew up the V4 - which was my fault as it was a 1.5V maximum light and I fed it an IMR 14500. It did say AA and not AA/14500.

It was very, very bright.

Briefly...

Got a reply in around 24 hours. To be told that it was 1.5V max. Which I sort of knew already. :(

troop, I've good luck with Solarforce sales HK and CN Quality Goods. Both seem to be in the 14-17 day range for Chicago, but I've had as quick as 12. IOS and Manafont have been taking 3 weeks+. But I'm not going to be doing much business with Manfont in the future for other reasons.

I'm with you on buying from U.S. when they have what I want. I've had fast/great service from Shiningbeam, Lighthound, SBFlashlights, Protacticalshop19 (ebay) and Callie's Kustoms. Worth a few bucks more.

My orders from S/F Sales have gone well in the past, not so with CNQG. I will never order from them again. Took them two weeks just to tell me that what I wanted was out of stock.

My last manafont order took 21 days to get to Australia, might of been a bit slower due to easter holidays. No problems as always. Once they sent me a 5 mode driver not a 1 mode driver but it was like 99 cents so no big deal.

It looks like Manafont is starting to slack off or has been slacking off. Usually I got orders from them in 2 weeks but my most recent order that I put in on 3-18 and was supposedly dispatched the next day -- is still not here. Oh well....

my claim gets escalated friday..sent them a message asking if they wanted to resend the package and make good..got ignored..I did get the package I ordered on march 1st though..took 42 days..