RAYUS LED flashlight

Will the light (LED) burn out, or will the body just get real hot real quick?
When I get one, I will first try a Lithium primary AAA because of the slightly higher voltage and then will try a 10440 at 3.8 volts and see what happens.

I have yet to have a flashlight burn up from using the 10440. Some of them do not really get much brighter, just hotter but most get much brighter and don’t seem to suffer from it.
Thanks, the Rayus Flashlights do look really nice.
Keith

Yeah, I think people would buy them if there were some reviews.

Thanks, Keith.

If you use 10440 in C01, the brightness will be much higher than current output, but if you often use 10440, the light will get very hot and maybe the LED is burnt. So as manufacturer, we don’t hope user often use 10440 in the C01 light.

Sincerely Wendy

Got one from this very responsive USA vendor ghflashlights_and_more .
Ordered it late Friday and got it this morning! That’s service.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rayus-C01-AAA-Flashlight-Battery-Included/251557580913?\_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&\_trkparms=aid%3D333008%26algo%3DRIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3D8319456589545598455%26pid%3D100102%26prg%3D20140212121249%26rkt%3D4%26

You do need to contact him through Ebay to chose LED selection, I got the Nichia and while it is not super bright with the supplied Duracell, it will in fact run on a 10440. I only ran it at 3.75 volts to be cautious but will try higher voltage tomorrow.
Really bumps the output and looks great. Nice warm Flood.

Looks like FastTech has 2 different 10440 LiFePO4 3.2 volt batteries but the capacity is low (280mAh).
Does anyone make a better 10440 LiFePO4? Might be safer for extended use at this voltage.
The XP-G2 model may tolerate the higher voltage better than the Nichia as well, but then you are back to cool white tint.

I’ll try to get some pics up tomorrow but rest assured this flashlight is well worth the $14.95. It is just a hair shorter than my Tank007 E09, same diameter, and has way better flood and color reveal with the Nichia.
The Tank is brighter for sure but the Rayus has just a gorgeous beam.

I’d like to try the bigger models, the PT 10 and the PT10S, but don’t want to part with cash right now but they do look nice.
Later,

Keith

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these and your post just made my decision easier.
Just pulled the trigger on the Nichia version tonight.
yeah, I’ve got a Tank e09, couple of Preons, even a Peak eiger w/nichia & the output from this
light seems pretty low in comparison, but a nichia for this price?
why not? seems like a decent keychain light.
I’d be interested to know what you find out about those lithium batteries.
Jim

I just got the C01, and Muto is right it has a nice beam. I got the Nichia NW one and can’t say enough about the tint. I should have a review up sometime next week. I don’t own any aaa other than this one, but it’s a high quality light. It’s pretty simple too. 1 mode and that’s it. Unfortunately I do not have a single 10440 battery though.

I can now report that the light functions fine at 4.20 volts with a 10440 and does not get as hot as my Tank007 E09 but puts out less lumens so this is to be expected.
I would not just turn it on in the tail standing position and let it run as it probably would get too hot over time.
But using it in the hand it can be used for a decent amount of time without discomfort.
One note here on the 10440, it needs to be one with a tip (button top), not flat like my efest.

mhanlen, glad to hear you like it and please do the review as I do not currently have the proper camera setup for beam shots to do the proper justice of the beam tint/quality.

Thanks,
Keith

Hi Jim

Our engineer test some C01s, find it’s ok to use 10440, the brightness can reach almost 200 lumens for the cold white LED and about 150 lumens for neutral white LED, the light doesn’t get very hot, keep in the comfortable situation.

So I think the people who need high output can use 10440 in this little high-quality light.

Wendy

Thanks, mhanlen, expect your review :slight_smile:

Keith, yes, you are right, it can use 10440, hope this bring you more enjoyment

Hello RAYUS,

you're saying that the C01 driver will not fry with 10440 and that the Nichia LED will not burn with 10440, is this correct?

Does it mean that we can leave it on 10440 for 30 minutes without interruption? :D

If this is all true, then please could you redact the battery info requirement for C01 on your website and officially add the allowance of unprotected 10440?

By the way last night i watched Keith. Very poor.

Hi Tempo

Thank for your attention

Yeah, it won’t burn LED, the engineer test it until the 10440 exhausted.

Our company mainly recommend AA&Ni-MH,since here some people ask if it can use 10440, so I ask engineer do this test, then for people like to use 10440, I can give definite advice. Anyway, I will forward your suggestion to the marketing dept for their consideration.

So Keith is a moive :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Wendy

aha yes sir

Keith is a moive ;)

Keith is a playing *ick *ick, not being nice at any moment. I don't know why this **ick **ick is rated so high by the audience.

Which moives do you like? :)

I like the comedy movie, it can make me relaxed :slight_smile:

Like your portrait image,haha

Review of a Rayus light.

Video.

Awesome review of the c01.

Thanks,mhanlen, the video is funny and interesting :slight_smile:

Thanks RAYUS!