Rear Clicky?

Yep, that’s where the term “baking” comes from.

I think it wants to be about 150c / 330 ish f but I’m not sure, as I just blow lamp the crap out of the host. J)

The oven is a bit slo0w but the microwave is much faster. :evil: Just remember to put it on a microwave safe dish.

i broiled at 450 for quite some time

[quote=Pulsar]
i broiled at 450 for quite some time[/quote

What effect did you get??

This made I giggle like a maniac, for the sake of clarity for anyone reading, please really don’t do this, unless you don’t like the microwave or its owner. :expressionless:

its the burnt orange one
edit: id like to state one more time… i suck at taking pictures

Remember, video!!! :smiley: Wrap it in tin foil for extra safety.

cool!!!... Scaru, I am not allowed to use the microwave since the ‘cat’ incident.

Just to clear up, lastime I used a butane torch, that did the job.

This time I’m planning on using oxy-propane in the hope I can get the heat in quick and more concentrated, before cooling, rotating and doing the next area. I have no idea if this will have the desired effect or not, but I’m hoping for a sort of scollaped design.

The only other way I can think of getting a design is by getting some of the panel beaters heat soak putty, forming the design, heating and see what happens.

I should use the regular oven & not the broiler… Sit it on a cookie sheet or what?

Have you tried the old incan light bulb in a bowl of water microwave trick? That’s fun and another reason to dislike CFL’s, I figure the plastics will make a mess before the desired result.

it’s in the oven on a cookie sheet… 450… How long did you bake yours?

I would think the proper oven would be the better bet, a baking sheet will protect your light from any carbon, or just pull out one of the shelves, scrub it clean of any deposits (this is no aspersion on yourself) then once the heat has built up, sit the light in there and watch for the colour change.

Nothing to do now other than crack a beer. And wait for Mrs D to get home to find a flashlight baking in the oven.

That’s hard to gauge, if pulsars was 20 minutes, your much bigger host could be 40 or more - more mass to heat up. Just keep an eye on it, you’ve got a decent torch to shine in there without opening the door right? :bigsmile:

id say it was atleast an hour i left in there. i just left it until there was no more noticeable change.

and yeah mrs pulsar was not very impressed with me when she came home to a flashlight in the oven S)

I thing I may be able to manage it.

and i dont think the size of the torch will make that big a difference in time

I’ve got the windows open & fire extinuishers out…. Mrs D is gonna flip her rag about this smell… Lol I may be buying dinner tonight