Reflector revised: ReyLight Pineapple Brass 14500/AA Flashlight, Nichia 219C 4000K

Just a thought. Nothing confirmed yet.

Yes, will do copper in future. and I will do the sale by myself.

Received my ReyLight pineapple brass ordered from banggood (01/08/2017), mostly for indoor use.
Small marks in the crenellated head, i can live with that even if it is a small disappointment to not receive it in mint condition despite the sealed box.
I thought that after more than one year since the first message of this thread I would have received one with the revised reflector but it seems not, judging by its ringy beam. :frowning:
The button has to much side play for my taste but anyway I will use with its imperfections. I’m weak when it is a matter of brass and above all I really like this long body, very nicely designed.
Thank you for conceiving flashlights with great taste, keep up the great work. :+1:

Sorry. You can ask BG to ship you new reflector. I sent a few to them 2 weeks ago.

Sorry. You can ask BG to ship you new reflector. I sent a few to them 2 weeks ago.

Did you get BG to send you a reflector? I ordered the Pineapple on 8/22/17 and got the old reflector with mine.

Yes, I opened a ticket for the pineapple and sent a photo of the ringy beamshot.

I received it a few days ago and replaced it only yesterday because I couldn’t get a good grip with my circlip pliers. I didn’t want to ruin the threads with my pliers.
You need to unscrew the brass retaining ring (2 notches on internal side) then unscrew the pill (2 small holes) with teewers.

On Amazon US now.
LAN 59$ after code: J6PSMOWA
Pineapple 39$ after code: IW3C96K8

Think I have fixed it, active at 2017-9-16 07:00 PDT

Links, for convenience:

I love how the LAN looks like a lightsaber.
(edit: sorry, I forgot I posted the same thing a couple months ago)

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, thanks (I think) … ordered another brass Pineapple as my original one wanted to go to Idaho with my nephew. :wink:

does the Amazon stock have the updated driver and reflector?

Yes, GEN2, with a few other updates as well.

Sweet! Nice to hear that. I believe I will leave this one in stock trim instead of modifying it like I did the original.

I have to say I was torn between the brass and Titanium, but the greater heat sinking of the brass won me over. (such a ti freak anyway, as y’all probably already know!) :smiley:

From Gunga, (I did’t even notice these changes/updates, LOL)

1. Redesigned reflector for smoother beam and less light blocked by the Centering ring. Beam is also a bit more floody.
  2. Heavily Redesigned tail that allows for a larger, higher current switch. The new switch is more reliable and also has a quieter, softer touch/click allowing for easier action.
  3. The new tail flairs out a bit more allowing for better grip and button access.
  4. The body is a few mm longer allowing the use of longer protected batteries.
  5. The new body details (cut outs instead of flats) allow for a more streamlined appearance and improved grip.
  6. There is now a choice of finishes. The refined lightly polished or the more rugged and grippy sandblasted.
  7. The head has slight changes in the Machining.
  8. The pill has changed from brass to copper for better heat handling!

Well I’m REALLY glad I ordered it, now! :smiley:

And I might have to rescind that statement about leaving it stock. :wink:

If you live outside of US, where does one buy the GEN2 Brass Pineapple?

Amazon.com doesn’t ship to EU, and Banggood.com is out of stock (their stock was GEN1) :frowning:

Can get it from me directly.