Repackaged: Eagle Eye X6 host kit w/BLF box $15.99.

The title of this post says “Eagle Eye X6 host kit w/AR lens, tapped holes and screws.” kronological specifically asked Neal about both of those issues, since we had brought them up here for him. Ironic that there is NO LENS and only one tapped hole and one screw! And what in the world were they thinking putting all the loose parts in a baggie together? Well, if ever I had any faint amount of interest in this host, it has all evaporated now! I’m glad my BLF X6’s came in decent condition.

That is piss poor. I will link this thread to my skype chat with Neal tonight.

Obviously I can’t do this for everyone, but djozz if you’d like I can send you a replacement that is in pristine condition and guaranteed to have no metal contact en route to your destination.

I have 2 that have been removed for builds, and will soon have the 3 host kits I ordered that I will also not be using the reflector in. (no idea what condition they’ll arrive in)

this is disgusting news. So by “host” they mean “leftover parts from the rejects bin”??

Djozz — what date did you place your order?
What date was it shipped?
That would help bracket the date when someone threw the stuff in the bag?

I’d like to compare my order, in hopes the drunk skunk had been fired by the time mine got packed to ship …

For the record, mine was:
Order Placed Date:2014-12-15 08:37:12
Shipped Date:2014-12-17 07:55:43
so I’m waiting — nervously — for my two hosts to show up.

Supposed to have the lens and everything needed except the driver and emitter/star.

BLF Special Edition X6 Flashlight Host

They show the boot installed in the tail cap, the lens leaning against the head, all the o-rings, switch (needing assembly) everything.

Sorry to see that Djozz.

:_(

I hope BG gets this sorted for you and future buyers.

> they show

Yeah — but that pair of pictures also shows the emitter, doesn’t it?
The round red disk thing with the white text and yellowish spot in the middle.

So that’s not right.

One picture includes the clip.

And that pair of pictures only shows one screw!
You got that, all right.

Yeah, my suggestion for how they can improve was — hire a translator.

Another prime example why it almost never works when trying to communicate thousands of miles away. In order for things to go right, you need to be there. It's just that simple. This stuff usually backfires, or else it takes months, just like the BLF lights that have been "in the works" for half a year or more. Either someone who speaks fluent Chinese, located here in the US, needs to be the spokesperson for all the deals between us and these dealers, or someone needs to move there and do it first hand. . I'm not going.

Very sorry to hear yet another disaster from our friends in China.

That’s what I said, the switch has to be assembled onto it’s pcb. No star, no driver, no emitter.

Have to agree, it does state in the list of parts and in the photos ” 1 screw…… cos we don’t realy know what we’re doing when it comes to flashlights, but we know that if we sell 200 of these, we’ll save $2”

Thanks for all the moral support guys, and Dale, thanks a lot for the offer but I am in no hurry for building this one so I will just wait for BG to sort it out.

Thanks krono for passing this on to Neal. This is not the first chinese package that arrived in this poor state, and usually do not post so prominently about it, but this is the best flashlight host that has ever been on the market and I really want this to be a succes. This requires that Eagle Eye and Banggood get their processes in order. I hope that posting about these issues will help with that (and helps me by venting some steam ;-) ).

No worries. Accountability is a good thing. :slight_smile:

I just tried to contact Banggood by submitting their contact form, but their system is clearly less developed than Fasttech's. I do not think that the pictures that I tried to add were actually added and I even do not know if the form was succesfully submitted, there's no reviewing them. At Fasttech you can view 'tickets' that you submit and their status at any moment, here at Banggood I can not find that.

Does it matter that I try to do this from an Android tablet? (I am not near my computer for the coming five days)

Any experiences out there?

damn, this upsets me as I have a host coming with my GB light

Try to contact them at cservice@banggood.com

Shouldn’t have bought this if i read this :~

Package included:
1 x BLF Special Edition X6 body (Without any logo)
4 x o-rings
1 x clip
1 x Double-sided coated lens(the same with BLF X6 LED Flashlight)
1 x switch
1 x reflector
1 x spring
1 x tail switch board chip
1 x switch copper ring
1 x driver copper ring
1 x screw

Before we saw the actual package contents it seemed safe to assume that it was either sloppy writing or a language barrier issue.

About the teacher who passes out a multi-page quiz, with the instruction to read all of the instructions before beginning.

One kid, after a couple of minutes, walks up to the teacher, hands in the papers, and leaves the classroom.
The other kids spend the whole class period working their way through a complicated set of multiple choice and essay questions,
and finally reach the last question — which says, ’Did you read the instruction to skip all the questions and hand in your test paper immediately and silently leave the room?”

Well, I’m waiting to find out if I got my screw …

This may not translate well.

So, er, Djozz — what date did you place your order?
What date does it show the order was filled?
I posted my order dates above, my two are en route, and I’m

oh, happy, I’m happy, I’ll try to stay happy …

When you Skype with Neal — if you find out that this is what they have been doing all along — do you think it’d be simplest to just refuse delivery without opening the package and mark it Return To Sender?

I was set to make a couple of nice lights, but I don’t have time for the pain of fighting it out individually, if it turns out they’ve done this to everyone who’s ordered.

At least the missing hole is a easy fix. Drill your hole with a 2mm or 5/64” bit and tap it.
2.5mm x0.45 Metric Taper and Plug Tap M2.5 x 0.45mm Pitch

Now it reminds me of some poor packaging I got as well.. but I kind of accepted it,as nothing was actually broken. But now I realize this is something I should write in their giveaway thread.....