Repackaged: Eagle Eye X6 host kit w/BLF box $15.99.

I already wrote that the other day on their giveaway thread that they should improve the packaging. I wonder if they really read or listen to that.

Eh?! Take a look at djozz’s pics. The hole butts directly against the side of the shelf and there is a clearance area milled for the screwhead. The clearance is almost certainly necessary. I think that most (almost all) our members will find that difficult to emulate.

Copper rings? brass maybe :slight_smile:

I can get that hole done no problem, I'm a handy person and can drill and tap and make the clearance, but not everyone can do it. If I get tired of trying to get replacement parts I will make it a XP-L triple with Cute optic so I don't need the lens and reflector. The point is that this is a fantastic host for people that can build it up easily with not much more than a solder iron , provided that it is complete and well packed.

Yeah you are right djozz, now that i had a sleep on it i think i will order anyway, my plan was to make some triple cute-3 ones anyway, but i hope they fix their shipping anyway for it is a great host for just any high powered driver and single led on dtp mcpcb for a easy custom flashlight.

The single screw is for a reason, it’s there to keep the star from turning and cutting wires. The screws aren’t needed to hold the star down snugly against the emitter shelf as the reflector does that.

In all 15 of these I’ve handled, the screws were not tight… the star wasn’t held down, but kept from rotating, by the screws. One will do that just as well.

Sounds legit. So the clamping is done in the normal way: reflector > centering ring > MCPCB > shelf ?

They put that little adhesive white disc on the mcpcb to keep the reflector from scraping off masking and causing a short. Ask me how I know… :bigsmile:

Still waiting to hear back on the poor packing and the missing lens…

It is Sold Out Currently! Or maybe they just pulled it out? When i saw it earlier, 21 was sold and there still stock. Now still 21 sold and sold out.

Talk about finding new ways to fail…
Any update on reparations?

I just got a reply from Summer, requiring photo's and a video and she needed her technical guy to look at it. I replied that I reckoned that that was not needed, and that it would not need a technical guy to see what was wrong. (oh, and I put in a link to this thread to show her the pictures )

They are making some changes in shipping/packaging and pulled it while making the change.

If anyone has problems, please go through Neal. PM him here on BLF.

Djozz, what date did your order ship? What date was your order placed?
asked before at Repackaged: Eagle Eye X6 host kit w/BLF box $15.99. for the reason I gave there.

Wondering what odds are for my package that’s en route with two hosts now, and whether I should just refuse it.
Knowing the dates might help.

I assume Neal knows what dates the problems were being created — I guess I can ask him the same question.

sorry, forgot to answer this, the answer is actually in this thread, post #24, the order was on december 11th. I think I am one of the first to order it. I now realise that the shipping time was really good, for what that is worth when it arrives like that.

BG’s “Orders” list will give the date when they shipped, as well —-

So my order placed the 12th, just one day after yours
(and my order was shipped the 17th at — 7:55 AM?!)
(“Hey just throw the stuff in a bag, night shift is over, let’s go home?”)

I’m afraid.

• Shipped Date:2014-12-13 02:48:14
  • So that is four days earlier, we'll see if that made a difference!

> 2014-12-13 02:48:14

Wow, they do have an overnight shift operating.

It looks like they are sending me a replacement lens+reflector+screw at some point, and they say they will improve the packaging. Fingers crossed.....

To summarise this experience with the BG customer service: the website is not nearly as organised as Fasttech: unclear and brief, but the response and solutions are way faster. But I may have cheated by referring to posting on BLF.

not ideal. Still waiting for mine to arrive.