Replacement 14500 Flashlight Recommendation

I dropped my Klarus Mi7 on the concrete cellar floor and killed it. I ordered a Sofrin SP10 Pro as a replacement it it is dead out of the box so that needs to go back.

I like the overall form factor of these 14500 lights and they are my go to general use flashlights for around the house.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Bob

Convoy T2 and T3 come to mind, the aluminum is pretty substantial so they may hold up well on accidental drops too.

1 Thank

did you open the light and remove the orange disc in the head that insulates the battery during shipping?

The AA/14500 I recommend is the Skilhunt H150, or M150 if you dont want a headlamp.

here is a review

I like the Skilhunt much better than the SP10 pro.

I dislike how difficult it is to find the switch button on the SP10 Pro.

I also prefer that the Skilhunt has Fully Regulated output and uses NoPWM (the SP10 pro does use PWM and is not fully regulated).

The only potential downside to the Skilhunt is that the UI is not Anduril… but I think the other benefits of the Skilhunt outweigh that UI difference.

1 Thank

Weird the SP10 Pro was dead on arrival. Did you get the light alone or with the included cell?

I ask as I’m wondering if you’ve checked the voltage of the 14500 cell you’re using?

Perhaps it’s a protected cell that got damaged in the fall?

Also check that the body tube is screwed fully into both the tailcap and the head. If either end is not screwed on fully, your SP10 won’t work.

Too bad your SP10 Pro DOA as it is a great value IMHO. I just wish it had a lighted (but dim) switch. Button is a bit unobtrusive but using the body clip in opposite orientation makes ergonomics perfect.

2 Thanks

TiCu :slight_smile:

4 Thanks

I did. In my case the disc was black. I also lightly sanded both ends of the tub and paper lipped the end of the battery to eliminate the spring assembly in the back. I also tried a standarded AA and another 14500 .

3 Thanks

:+1: Sounds well and truly dead.

Hopefully you get an easy return/refund.

I want to mention the TS10 as well, but the aluminum version. Cheaper and better thermals. I carry one with me every hour that I am awake. I have been since right after their original release… what, a couple of years ago (??) .
Using the proper cells the black one in my pocket has been trouble free. AND, I have dropped it more than once from 3 feet or so onto concrete… It still works!!

2 Thanks

Convoy T2 or T3, Lumintop tool AA, Acebeam Tac AA

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

@sp5it and @Mandrake50 What are you guys running for batteries in the T10?

I have been running unprotected, button top, Efest 650 mah in my Mi7. They are probably 4 years old now so there are probably better options out there today.

Thanks,

Bob

I have been using the flat top (the TS10 does not seem to like the button tops) Vapcell H10 1000 mAh 10A cells. But I recently bought 6 of the flat top Vapcell F12 1250mAh 3A cells.

They have the H10 as well… Or check around, sometimes you find deals.

Seeing that I seldom (if ever) run these little lights at high power, I tend to like the F12 better overall.

1 Thank

Battery provided with TS10 from Wurkkos. Button top.

1 Thank

Yeah, they are fine as well…and cheap if you get them with the light. I think 900 mAh and 3 Amps rated.

Though I measured the F12 to have about 35% more capacity.
The H10 about 20% more capacity, and it is rated for ~3.3 times as much current draw…
So if any of that is important…

I’m finding that Skilhunts M150 is pretty hard to beat. I bought one and liked it so much I immediately bought another. A bit pricey, but worth every penny in my opinion.

1 Thank

I ordered the T10.

Thanks for all the suggestions and responses.

Bob

4 Thanks

Welcome to the TS10 Fan Club, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do… a lot.

IF this is your first Anduril light, suggest you skim through the Anduril 2 Manual Online to get some idea of what is possible…

I suggest you change the Aux lights from High Brightness to Low, to conserve battery life…

1 Thank

There are several extensive threads here that discuss pretty much everything about the TS10. You might check them out when you have time.
Welcome to the club. I bought one when they first came out. I now have purchased… something like 12 of them. A lot given as gifts.
I love them and carry one every day.

I hope that you like it as much as I do mine.

2 Thanks