[Review] DQG Tiny26650 (Triple CREE XP-G2 R5 CW, 1x 26650)

CNQG has 20 units scratched on sale. Given a price of $25, do you think this is a good buy?

Also, will the turbo mode work on a Sony VTC4 18650 battery?

TIA.

I havent tried a Sony in the DQG triple, but yes turbo works on lesser grunt 18650s so it should work fine, just order a sleeve to keep it nice and snug.

If the mark is minimal, and you dont mind the marks, then yes, its worth $25 if you want one these lights. Most frequently used lights will end up with marks anyway. I say most because Im fairly anal about how I look after lights and phones etc in my pocket. I can keep a phone in my pocket everyday for 2 years, and its still in mint condition. My edc lights, are the same. Never dropped, never put in a pocket with anything else in it. With my phone, screen always faces my leg to protect it. Make sure you use the tail cap/head to lock out, the switch on these tends to operate quite easily. It depends how particular you are. Most lights will end up with a mark or two on them from use so a scratch from new is hardly a major issue. It could even be more enjoyable as a torch, as its just to be used and its fate not important.

Thanks for the info.
I don’t have a 3-led light yet so this will be my first. For the price difference I can accept cosmetic damage. Yes, I have 2 18650 sleeves which came with my XinTD X3 and F13. My biggest problem now is I can’t place the order since my country is not included in the drop-down choices need during the check-out process.

I want to order a CW version, but their website isn’t allowing me to select shipping method. There’s no options available.

From the picture, scratches on lens not body.
If you get more damage on lens than in the picture may be you can use this as replacement.
Triple XP-G Optic

I’m not sure, but measurement about the same.

The link in FF - fancyflashlights.com (same store as CNQG)
“Last 10 pcs, have tiny scratch spot on the body.”

I bought one, so maybe 9 or less left now…

I’ve just ordered one in CW its a good price with free shipping and I don’t mind the odd scratch, it will pick up a few more anyway. Will probably try some different lenses in it to reduce the flood a bit.
I already have one in NW they are great little torches.

Just received my one. Very happy with it. Another review is probably not necessary but I may add to this if anyone has any queries; it is getting a bit dated now though.

Are these designed by Ric himself? And then he has them built by an external party?

A new version of this light is coming, so a review at this point is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Ric has a lot of input, but I don't know his relationship with these lights.

I thought this was a review.

Looks at thread title, clicks page 1.

Hears Twilight Zone theme song in head.

I just tried mine with the supplied 26650 adapter. Doesn’t work in the light with it. Must be something to do with the length being 72mm possibly preventing contacts from touching. Not bothered to check it out yet though.

It looks like it might accept one of these — any way to tell?
The picture showing the LEDs appears to be the same kind of triple board, same screw and wire positions??

(I want to mix several colors)

I just received one of the “scratched” Tiny Triple’s that CNQUALITYGOODS had on sale for $25.00. Glad I did. There’s no scratches on the lens or the body and it works perfectly.

There’s only a few super tiny specks here and there where the HAIII finish is missing. It looks like they’re out of them now though as they disappeared from the site.

Above with pictures says ” the three XP -G2 are soldered on I single MPCB”

What’s the diameter of that board? Wondering if I can substitute a 20mm 3-emitter

(got the light ordered, it’s coming, not received yet

Sounds quite similar in performance to RMM’s 3 LED 18650 “S3” light which on Turbo also draws close to 6 Amps in the highest current option version. A little monster but the automatic step down on it is longer at 90 seconds. Both lights use triple lenses rather than reflectors for the LEDs it looks like.

Is there any more information on the latest version of this light?

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2067

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28365

I just got one from Mt. Electronics.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=368

Hi,
I have 2 dqg tiny 26650 sent from a friend for serach and resolve issues.
The first had never turn on
The second one have a strage issue: if I turn on the light and unless I go through the levels the light works properly but if I stuck on a level after few seconda the light goes to the low level.
The seller after get the second one for replecement of the first one doesn’t want to know anithing.
Can someone help me to find how fix the lights or to find a better driver to put in? (If I realize to open it :D)

cool review!