REVIEW: Lumintop TOOL AAA (XP-G2 , 1xAAA/10440)

Hello to all,
have someone bought Lumintop Tool from Banggood, fasttech and others? Mostly they write its med-hi-low, BG has old description, however realista wrote med-hi.low. Fasttech has med-low-hi. And I saw yutube-video, it seems to be hi-med-low. I´m little confused now what version I can get :expressionless: :smiley:

All 4 of mine from gearbest, both in new and old style packaging are med-low-hi.

Hi, and Welcome to the BLF!

Within the last month I have received a med-low-hi from Banggood, but your mileage really might vary.

I really wish that these people would get on the stick and give us L-M-H.

Thanks,

-Chuck

Thank you for a quick response and your welcome :),
i would prefer default hi. I donť know any clicky AAA with that. Just 1 mod BLF SS. I ordered Ultratac with memory mod, but nothing else around.

i think updated version( xp-g2) are all med - hi - low

i got the new version with clicky/magnet cap, on lumintop website says it doesnt support 10440. can anyone confirm if thats true. i dont wanna put the 10440 in and burn out the driver.

of course you should never use 10440 lithium BUT……. if you use it you don’t destroy instantly it!!!
it’s preferable to not use lithoum because can overburn internal components…. and decrease lifetime.
use a nimh……

Just got my order in.
I really like it and was wondering why the rubber front ring was green in the picture….

It illuminates! when the light is turned off after being turned on for a little time. :smiley:
Also it’s so tiny, great keychain light!

Mine does work with 10440 but just one mode. Switching back to Eneloop Pro NiMh gets the 3 modes back. I like the construction quality but I hate the protruding knob. Prefer the Ti version.

Anyone know where I can get a flat tailcap and turn it into a twisty?

there is no flat tail for the AAA, only for the AA

if you prefer not to use the tailbutton, leave it on
and twist the head off and on instead

Thanks Jon.

Jon, any chance you know if lumintop edc01 body can lego with the tool AAA?

Yes it can. The head on both is pretty much the same. Can’t be the old school Tool with reflector, though, that only legoes with the old Worm.

Tool AAA only comes with reflector, no?

Will it Lego with this?

no experience with that specific lego

Not the new ones, those come with the same pebbled TIR that you find in the EDC01.

Oh, ok. Thanks Jack.

No problemo :beer:

not true ...

There was a flat tail for the AAA tool made to make it a twisty but you'll be hard pressed to find one . Someone probably has a bin full of them and not know or remember what they are for . Banggood had them

The 2xAAA IYP365 head swaps too and imho is a nicer addition to the AAA tool because the head is smooth which just feels nicer and the low is much much lower (true moon mode). The swap with the nichia 219B ones made the AAA tool one of the best budget high cri lights for years now .