Review: Manker MK34, 12 XP-G3, 3x18650 Floodlight

Thank you very much for the review .

One question : Why the flashlight drops from 6.5k lumens to 2k in just 20 seconds without a fan ? The question is , why so quickly ?

Thanks for the review! Looks like a good light… and it sounds like it has a decent moonlight mode.

Thanks!
Looks good!

I’m not expert on this side.
Tell me how can I answer your question.

@giorgoskok: I believe it is temporized, not thermally regulated.

The red wire should go to “+”, and the black wire should go to “-”.

but if you revert also the position of the LEDS on the board it should be the same, or not?

If you do that for all four leds it works. It is also possible that the black and red wires are reversed on the driver. But…they (who assemble and solder) have to memorise everything in order to work. Therefore you have conventions to make life easier. And apparently Manker is not following conventions. And this kind of stuff results in quality control problems. So basically this is not a good sign, even if this particular light is functioning.

They reversed them on purpose….
to prevent a short , made by the screws. Plase read the S41 thread

Thanks. Interesting solution…not so elegant, but effective…

Can I have a link to the S41 post where this is explained?

Hi Budda,

Nice review as always. I’m wondering, is there actual low voltage protection? When does it kick in?

Seems quite interesting, shame about the batteries though :S

yes, it is written in the review.

I’m from smartphone , when i get home i will post more comments.

Here is a example of possible problem :

Found it. Sorry missed it before :weary:

Is it possible to do a side by side picture of G30 and this?

I sold the G30.
I own a Eagletac SX25L3. Is it ok?

Others understand this issue much better than I do, but if I’m not mistaken, this problem is addressed in this video of the S41 at 5 min 50 sec.

how is it compare with thrunite tn36?

Found me the money for a TN36 and you will know!

Yep Eagletac SX25L3 seems similar in dimension, pic please :slight_smile:

I think Thrunite TN36 UT is bigger, but can sustain the max output for alot longer. REVIEW: ThruNite TN36 UT (4 x 18650 | 3 x XHP70) - PART 1 & 2

Thrunite is too expensive though, $130 is a good price for a flashlight like this IMO. Too bad we dont have group buys for Manker anymore.

Btw, after 20 seconds on turbo, how hot is it? And what happens if you try to restart it in turbo?

I will make the side by side pics.
After 20 seconds on turbo is not too hot if the light was off. Yes, you can restart the turbo mode with double click.