Review: Opus BT-C3100 ("dreamcharger!")

That’s a different charger. BT-C2000. The equivalent of the Maha C9000

Ahh, I see!
<——dummy :slight_smile:

Yup, I didn’t pay attention to the model number, but was wondering how he already had 143 sold.

KuoH

Does this charger show 3 decimal charging voltage on the LCD?

4.14 for example, and not only 4.0.4.1, 4.2?

Yes.

Source fonarevka.ru
HKJ’s review:

Thank you!

Does anyone measured how precise the built in voltmeter is? ±?

In my review it was within 0.01 volt, but it only update once a minute.

yesterday it showed 4.18 at my 18650s - my dmm tells 4.24

Try replacing the batteries in the DMM.

This is always the first test to do with a cheap DMM, better DMM's will not work when the battery is low.

0.01 volt + or -? thank you!

Got BT-C3100 v1. issue or not ? In my unit bay 4 shows lower voltage readings, while other three bays indicating almost same value. So in slot 4 same cell has 3.55V while slots 1-3(DMM too) readings are 3,66V. As result each cell put in slot 4 is overcharged exactly up to 4,35V. LCD shows “4,20V” than “FULL” and after DMM measurements result is 4,35V. Other slots terminating at 4,21/4,22V(DMM mesurment). Maybe it’s a positive thing ? I can get 4,35V cells and use it only in slot 4. It will spear me case modification and i don’t have to use 4,35V switch inside charger.

banker, I think you have a faulty charger. :~ But if you have use for a fourth bay charging to 4.35V I guess it is okay.

Indeed i have. So i made some other tests. I set bay 1 at 2A charging and put 26650 cell, In bay 4 i put 18650 cell and set also 2A. The charger went crazy. LCD started blinking, indications on slots 1 and 4 also got wired. This unit can’t even charge two cells at 2A. No go for this one.

Sorry to hear that. Where did you get it from? Maybe you can get a replacement unit?

Hello, Banker.

I am sorry to hear your problem. Concerning your problem, I have this suggestion: 2A charging issue could be related with adapter power can’t supply enough current reason, which made it entering over current protected. To tell this issue, you can try first charging the battery up to 3.5v or above, then switch to 2A. if it is working now, then it is the adapter problem. We are solving the problem by increasing the PWM speed from 50ms cycle to 30ms cycle. I think this will help in solving this problem. As to your mentioned bay 4 volt meter accuracy issue, it can be the voltage devider network has poor accurracy. This is our controlling flaw. If needed, I can arrange to send you an replacement. Sorry to hear your problem and thanks for your feedback.

Hi,Banker.

The volt displayed on this charger is offline volt reading. So you should only measure with a DMM when battery is not loaded. And then you insert the battery into charger, it will display the volt reading. To be on safe side, you’d better wait for one more referesh happened to confirm.

If you have done this checking, please ignore this reply.

Hi Henry,
I have a version v1.0 and a v2.0. I love the fact that you fixed many of the problems with the power adaptor. I would like to still use the v1.0 charger but afraid to because of the adaptor. Is there anyway to purchase the adaptor that comes in the v2.0 charger to use with my v1.0. Thank you so much.
Dan

Hello, Dan.

I think there are many good power adapter there with 12v 3A or even 4A output. It will be too expensive to ship one adapter to you. Could you try to source this adapter locally?

Hi Henry,
Thank you for your fast reply, Henry! Now that I know what specs to look for should be no problem getting it on my own.
Thank you.
Dan

Henry,

I curious if this also has any effect on capacity measurement? When testing 4 identical makes of 18650 cells simultaneously, even with different batches, invariably 2 of the bays will finish with the exact same capacity. So far, it’s been bay 1 & 3 or 1 & 4 that have had duplicate capacities. Now I can believe in a coincidence, but the exact same values from different batches? It’s hard to believe I’m that lucky to have so many exactly matched cells.

KuoH