Review: Opus BT-C3100 ("dreamcharger!")

Henry? What do the owners of BT-C3100 V.1?
As most opus BT-C3100 V.1 alter in BT-C3100 V.2?
Write instruction.
Give advice!

I want to go from my hobby charger that charges 1 cell at a time to a 4-cell at once charger . is this "the charger" to get to replace my hobby charger?

I have both a hobby charger and the C9000. Although a hobby charger and the C9000 have more choices in charging/discharging rates, this one can analyze 4 cells at a time, individually. No need for outboard cradles too.

So has anyone done any experiments using this charger to charge 4 18650 batteries to 4.35 volts?

Who among developers can ask questions? Prompt .

I found this article interesting:

A hobby charger can charge many more than one cell at a time. I have done 8 in parallel before now and 6 in series with a basic hobby charger

Are the ‘analyzed’ results consistent between the different slots on your one?

Do you mean the BT-C3100? I have not received it yet if that’s what you mean.

Yes sorry should have been clearer, the *C3100. Oh thought they would have sent you one first!

Always found it finicky making sure the contact pressures and resistance were the same/similar while checking cells to make sure the results were consistent. So with production tolerances was wondering how it worked in practice with production examples of the BT-C3100.

Henry Xu, its designer, said the IR figures of the are just ballpark figures, considering the sliding/contact pressures differences are inherent in such a design that accommodate multi-length cells… He also said this charger is not a high-dollar precision instrument and 100% accuracy in the IR cannot be expected. As to the consistency of results, a lot of chargers has this sliding design so, IM0, it should be as good, if not better.

I know it was going to be ballpark, that’s why I asked about the consistency of a production version’s results.

If doing 4 at a time were going to be really useful then it would have to have consistent results between the slots.

Am not interested in this as a charger, but as an analyzing host I might be interested.

If you are measuring internal resistance with it, do sets of repeated tests as I did to find the average. I did not notice any gross variation between slots on my sample.

Cheers for that Chloe :bigsmile:

Chloe in your review you had written regarding the hidden switch to charge to 4.35 volts that there would be more on this later. I am very curious about this possible ability but I have failed to find information from anyone trying that charge level. Have you experimented with this or know anyone that has?

Mountain Prophet did test it and it will charge to 4.35V, but discharge termination voltage is still 2.8V:
http://www.mountainprophet.de/2014/03/15/preview-akkulader-opus-bt-c3100/

Shucks. Thanks Chloe, you saved me some money.

Just cause I’m curious, what’s the problem with the charger for you?

Any one know what the differences between V2.0 and V2.1 are? This ebay seller seems to have V2.1 units…
VERSION 2.1
Marketing tactic?

Wow, $44 shipped including C & D adapters! Even says I can get it by Tuesday. Very tempted and I haven’t even received the one from GB yet.

KuoH