REVIEW - SKYRAY KUNG M4!!!!! KING KILLER- (Pics, Light, beamshots, & driver added )

I tested 6.26 AMPS with a fresh charge of the 18650 on my Fluke meter on the Kung i have. and the modding begins ! :slight_smile:

Not bad! Your number is probably more accurate than mine. What mods will you be doing to yours? Mine gets hot fairly quick as it is.

I “modded” my Fluke Digital meter with heavier # 12 lead wire for better Amperage readings, ( as the factory leads are always to light and high resistance.

As for the light, i have a fiew mods in mind, starting off with just an upgrade to XM-L2’s and Driver upgrade, or even more like i mentioned to Relic38 when we met the other day, of even machining a new double-length battery tube, to hold 8 - 18650s possibly, a new Driver set up, and thought about either using 4 SST90’s, or as Relic suggested 4 MT-G2’s to build a real flooder :slight_smile:

With this thing pumping 6 amps into 4 leds (1.5A per LED), it is not going to be much brighter than a decent SkyRay King. A King pumps around 6 amps into three LEDs (2A per LED), so the Kung emitter lumens will be around 19% higher than the King. But the Kung optics will not be as efficient as the Kings, so you might get 10% more lumens out of the Kung.

I have a Kung on the way… the Sphere ’o Many Mysteries awaits…

Simple question: how?

Yes, all these (T6 and U2) emitters in these lights will be between 6k and 7k.
Although the XM-L will also produce some yellows.

It is mainly luck if your light will be closer to 6k of 7k.
In production, batches sometimes have the same tint, if this is the case here, look at the beamshots and this is what you will get.

I still think you have a slightly higher chance of getting a cooler one if you go with the U2’s.

Why are some 35 watt and some are 40 watt? Typo’s?

Chinese BS numbers… No numbers one the SRK, or Kungs should be trusted.
Like on all other lights, or like the SRK with linear driver there could be differences despite having a similar looking driver.

When that is said, judging by the beamshots, and driver circuit, these could be in the 35-40W range… But then people should be able to measure 10 amps on the tail…
I would recommend people to check emitter current on these lights. Much easier to get a good measurement there IMO. More time consuming though.

@ Dale

All your pics are being blocked for bandwidth reasons….

Gonna fix this evening

This & a few other posts proved to be to much for photobucket

This & a few other posts proved to be to much for photobucket

if anyone here is ebay user y*7, I hope your testicles are infested by the fleas of a thousand camels and your arms are not long enough to scratch! :expressionless:

Thanks Johm & relic, this was some of what I was wanting to know about this light before I end up ordering one.

did he outbid you often?

finally, I just won a black Kung @$37.
apparently in that listing no body is awake to make more bidding…
now just need to wait another month for the light arrival…

Mine only took 9 days once shipped.

Nice score. I didn’t have the patience to bid. So I did the “Buy It Now” thing. I kung believe I did that. Well, you know what they say about a fu and his money . . .

EDIT: Gords, that curse is sever. Kind of made me shrivel up just reading it. What’s the story?

+ 1 lol

the bugger pushed the price up above my self imposed limit, I expected such to happen but if it was someone on here I’ll be a little peeved as you can see.

can’t bid on any more for now however as I have a few bids running on vintage lights, I’ve been fancying doing a vintage build for a long while, was looking after the kids today and ebay is too accessible on the phone….

Well I got ahold of a black SRK with the U2’s and the good driver purchased from CNQ. I will do tailcap readings again on both and then post beamshots for comparison.