Review: Sofirn SC21 Pro w LH351D 5000K

Agreed, I’m getting used to it also. I like the picture you described of the plunger, I think that will help me going forward.

Agree here also, I’ve really grown to like the TS10 tail switch. TS10 and the SC21 are the 99% lights for me. A good thrower comes in handy when critters are in the yard, or we’re looking for owls during a night time walk.

Thanks to both the sliders for your replies.

Atleast now I know my unit is not faulty.

Most of the design choices regarding the switch is very nice, I like the shape and protrusion as well as the fact that it is lighted. Just missing that “clicky” feedback. Normal operation is not affected much, but it gets hard when doing the “Anduril” presses.

Have to make more deliberate presses as you mentioned and hopefully I’ll get used to it.

Поиграй с кодами камрад, белиберда получилась.

Тут так все сложно с вставкой картинок, что черт ногу сломает…(((

My SC21 Pro has arrived. At first the seller made a mistake and sent me the SP10 Pro. He offered to send me the SC21 for 10 bucks. Of course, I agreed, since I like both lights.

SP10 Pro on Anduril 2.0. This is a plus. But he did not have a magnetic tail and the button is not highlighted - this is a minus. The magnetic button for the SP10 Pro has already arrived.

The packaging of the SP10 Pro is richer than that of the SC21 Pro:

Congratulations! Does it have Anduril 2 installed?

Thank you.
No, he has Anduril 1.

fwiw, IF you are interested in upgrading your SC21 Pro to Anduril 2, gchart sells a very nice flashing tool:
(see this post, to contact him by PM to purchase)

and fwiw, I offer SC21 Pro reflashing for free, if you order an LED swap from me… (PM for more info if interested)

SC21 Pro vs SP10 Pro

If only SP10 Pro has integrated USB-C charging, and button-light, it would have been perfect.

I have SC21 Pro.
And now waiting for SP10 Pro on order, in my mind its more slender body will make it easier to carry in the pocket.
What’s your opinion? Which one is actually more fun for EDC?

I have both a SP10 Pro and a SC21 Pro.

I used an Olight AA/14500 light for years and mostly liked it. It is virtually the same size as the SP10 Pro. I did not like its proprietary charge method so much though, nor the emitter, nor…

At first I thought the SC21 was too small, too short, but I liked the USB C charging so I gave it some time. Now I prefer the SC21 Pro over the SP10 Pro.

Having a USB C port would be nice but that would complicate matters if the ability to use AA Alky or NiMH cells was retained with a charge port.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Compatibility with both 14500 Li-ion and AA/NIMH is my biggest consideration for SP10 Pro.
I also have TS10. I think they’ll be a good 14500 team.

Yup, that must be the biggest reason of Sofirn to omit integrated charger on SP10 Pro.
From what I read, combining Li-ion and NiMH charging is often problematic.

Hex file available for SC21 Pro, SP10 Pro and TS10:

Provides Nitecore D10 style ramping, that alternates up and down using 1H, no need to use 2H to ramp down.

Major thanks to quahog for the Hex files:

SC21-Pro.hex w D10 Ramping

SP10-Pro.hex w D10 Ramping

TS10.hex w D10 Ramping

1 Thank

A couple more pics to give you an idea of the size.

Thank you so much for the pictures, they really help me.

1 Thank

Thanks again for the pics. Very nice comparisons of sizes. I have TS10 and SC21 Pro. And waiting for shipment of SP10 Pro.

Thanks jon_slider, I’ve downloaded those hex files. And some other hex files that I’ve found through some other threads.
I have dupont wires and pogo pins leftover from my old Arduino projects. I have installed ZFlasher AVR on my Android phone. Now I need to source a USB to Serial TTL adapter locally.

I’ve found so many good informations in this thread : https://budgetlightforum.com/t/sofirn-sc21-mini

I’m really motivated to do the reflash on my SC21 Pro (Andúril 1). I have TS10 with Andúril 2.0 and really love the improvements over Andúril 1.

I use my SC21 Pro more than my TS10 or SP10 Pro.

I just went on a trip and took the SC21 Pro because of the combination of features:

1. built in charging, no need to travel w a separate charger

2. tailmagnet adds placement options

3. lighted button, which I use to be able to see where the light is on the nightstand, and to help me locate the button in the dark.

I prefer the tailswich of the TS10, it has red aux for nightstand use, but it lacks the magnet and charger.

I dont use the SP10 Pro, because I absolutely hate not being able to find the switch button in the dark. Plus it is bigger than the other two, and I dont use AA.

Highly recommended reflash.
Also fwiw, SC21 Pro now ship w Anduril 2, and they are on sale

I’m on the precipice…

The add/description states Anduril v.1 (unless I’m not looking at it correctly). Not that I’d mind v1, but curious if it’s just the boilerplate description from the original posting and the actual shipped product would be A- v2 (?). Also wondering what your thoughts would be about selecting 4000K version over 5000K (2700K is way too warm for my taste).