Review: Soshine SC-S1max V3 Charger

Soshine have a similar model, the SC-S1 Min V3, that charges 2x18650’s and 2 smaller cells. I believe HKJ has a review of this one pending, and hopefully it will be as good as the max model.

Thanks, but for 2x18650’s I use either Xtar SP2, Pila, or my newly acquired VP1. I was looking for a decent quality 4x charger and didn’t like what I read about the way the nitecore’s charged, so I skipped on that one and went with the Soshine because of the 4 true independent channels and true CC/CV, nice charger rate, 8 hour safety feature, and the function of the Leds is nice too……the only thing the nitecore has going for it is well it’s CHEAP, other than that, no thanks.

It is not min, but mix and the review is not pending any more, I have just published it: Review of Charger Soshine SC-S1mix V3

It works well, but I am not impressed with it.

Thanks for the excellent review HKJ……that charger is not for me (mix) though, it really doesn’t offer me anything that I don’t already have.

The one reviewed here (max) is the only charger I’d consider if I was to replace my i4.

Thanks for your hard work HKJ

Woops, sorry for that. Nice review of the mix, and, as you say, a shame about the fact that it isn’t really a universal li-ion charger. Ah well, what a great resource you are, HKJ, thanks again.

But you did not specify V3, and Soshine do not make a SC1-Max. :wink:

I cannot find any V3 manual on Google, unfortunately:
https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=soshine+SC-S1+max+filetype%3Apdf&btnG=Search

Better indications are provided on Soshine chargers that make it desirable product. Mr Positive offered me a good deal on Xtar WP6II Six Bay Li-Ion Battery Charger - capable of charging almost all LiPos (including 10440 (AAA 3.7v Li-Ion), 14500 (AA 3.7v Li-Ion), 14650, 16340, 17670, 18650, 18700).

Great review as always.

Where would we be without HKJ?