Review: Tank007 E09 3-mode 1x AAA/10440

OP mini update:

I've added a scan of the printed manual (instructions manual) under review section "What you get.".

as you can see, it's packaged now beneath the perforated gray foam pad:

Leelou wrote:

i use rubber gloves for more grip to separate the 2 head parts but you could use two pairs of pliers: wrap both head parts with some cloth (or toilet paper) and then unscrew the head parts with the pliers.

check again the review for more details (i.e. a picture or two).

Thanks Herr Kreisler that should suffice.

i advised HKE not to accept the E09 in their sales program because of the potential customers' complaints about the breakage of insulation layer (which btw the user should try to fix by him/herself when it's corrupted!) but after 10 long months of E09's market success HKE finally decided to ignore my professional warning and carry the flashlight in the HKE catalog anyway! $)

HKE is known for listing list prices (MSRP) (and the HKE shopper can always contact Stanley via e-mail and ask for a personal discount; just point him to DD's url and he might offer you a 5$ discount ;=), thus we finally know what the E09's MSRP is:

Tank007 E09 XP-E R3, MSRP: 19.99US$

Dinodirect has the gungray still for 11.99$.. black 12.99$, pink 12.39$. 10% discount codes dont work anymore, 5% discount codes are still working..

EDIT: I FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER FOR THE GUNGRAY TOO. MY DD TOTAL, 5.39$ SHIPPED HARHARH! LEGENDARY WHAT A SUCKER I AM!!

Kreisler does the tank 007 have parasitic drain??

hehe. you havent read any E09 reviews, have ya? ;)

It is a twisty light with a simple construction (tightened: closed circuit; loosened: opened circuit) and therefore does *not* have any parasitic drain.

In summary, the E09 is a VERY small keychain light, beautifully crafted and an instant pleaser to whomever opens the tin box (pink, gungray, black). Dont be shy. Buy it. (shill shill hehe).

What it does have is low frequency PWM (as to be expected in cheap lights!) and a not-premium shaped perfect round hotspot like the LD01 formed by the deep Fenix reflector. But imo these 2 weak points are really acceptable given the other strong points of the inexpensive product. Also check out the helpful comparison table which i had prepared!!

Damn is the throw rating of the tank manufacturer rated @ 80 metres or YOUR rating @ 80M?

And you define the beam as “throwy w/ broad bright spill” In essence would that mean it is quite floody besides the throw?

Edit: Heck of a review. Awesome work Kreisler.

The "80m" are the manufacturer's rating and exaggerated. But it is true that it throws further than the 50m (Fenix rating) of the LD01 because of the smaller emitter and the intensity of the hotspot. The XP-E R3 is fantastic bright on Eneloop (and a bit more so on 10440). A safe guess would be 55-60m throw (not "80m").

Floody? .. compared to the tight LD01 beam, floody for sure. The E09 has a wide spill angle and, because of the high lumens output, the spill is rather bright-ish (tint: purplish!).

Fine. You got me sold kreisler… Need the version with the chain for keys and not the link you posted which is with straps…
Help :smiley:

None of them comes with straps (the straps are old photos lol). Just go ahead dont hesitate:

http://www.dinodirect.com/se-tank007/

current production version comes with manual, 1-2 o-rings, swivel keychain thing, no battery, and the torch, of course.

Ordered from

Coupon code “10OFFSALE”

Final price $11.42!

Is it the first time that you order from DD?

You didnt use any 6$ giftcard?

Yes first time. No gift card…. :frowning:

Okay, as first time user it is not possible to receive a gift card for reseller ratings ;)

First time? .. i see. You wont regret it.

DD is very professional.

i luv the green dinos.

so much fun.

I got a conversation with them. Only a lanyard with the tank. Guess I got to buy myself a key chain :frowning: Any linkies? Trying my luck on ebay meanwhile….

Them? The dinos?

They have no clue! They do looki-looki of the webpage like us, see the false (if false) product photos and descriptions, and read it to you.

All E09's they ship is recent production stock and they come with the standard accessory and with no strap-on or lanyard. Believe me.

Shall we bet?

Hey. Whom do you trust more? Kaisl or Dino?? :Sp

lol…Ill wait for the flashlight then so as to save $1-2 :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully you’re right!

If you receive the strap, then contact me and i will get busy with them and eventually give you a DD giftcard as recompense. The giftcard will allow you to become a returning customer and everybody wins.

:)

That’ll be great :slight_smile: Ill let you know! Thanks for all. From my totally biased opinion for the lumintop worm you got me buying a tank007 :slight_smile:
You did your research, so I’m sure its going to be a great VFM buy.

Sorry to be repeating myself over and over again but fantastic review. Great work. Read it so many times….lol