Review: Tank007 TK-566-5 Cree Q2-WC 1xAA 5-mode

A year later ...

Last year I said I'd do it all over again ...and guess what .

In the Infamous words of Brittney Spears "Ooops I did it again "

In the past year now I've owned maybe 20 of these ... It's one of the best budget lights I've ever seen

A few of these I've gifted ...and a few I've modded for myself with a neutral xpg...I've even sold some :P

Someone just took over my computer and bought another 10 from La Dino Directo

There is a new one out at DX

with an upgraded emitter xpg ..200 lumens

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/tk-566-cree-xp-g-r5-200-lumen-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-x-aa-1-x-14500-113171

Wow I was looking really hard at these lights just yesterday, almost ordered, now I see this upgraded one...thanks for posting...

Do you think its worth the 18$...Id still have to get the extension tube to make it 2xAA. Is the upgraded one to XPG much better?

There is a whole battery of Tanks upgraded to XP-G R5

The upgraded tk-566 seems to have a max input voltage of 4.2V. Does this means that it is now possible for mount 2 extension tubes and get a 3xAA nimh with 60% more runtime (not 50% because the driver should be more efficient at 3.6V than it is at 2.4V) ?

It should work and you can get extensions for a reasonable price at Manafont. But the form factor is a little odd to hold because of the weird thickness/length ratio with 2AA and very odd with 3AA.