Review: The new HaikeLite MT07 - Buffalo XHP70 thrower

Well... I tried it on the Convoy L6/SMO/XHP70.2 and I'd say no difference - still a strong yellow ring.

I simply scrape it off with my thumb nail - comes off easy. Looking at it at a low setting, you can see the yellow all around the edges of the dome, and even turns the white centering piece yellow. I guess what I'm seeing on the MT03 is something else goin on, of why I can't seem to notice the yellow rings even though they are the same LED's in bin and tint.

Dayammmmmm

U got me hype Tom

Can’t wait to see your beamshot MT07 with smooth reflector + 70.2 :slight_smile:

I have contacted Haikelite twice about a smooth reflector
for my MT07, but they never returned my messages.

To me too do not respond.

Did you use the email address on the web site? That's what I used. They responded like 3-4 times to me, pretty quickly.

The website is gone now (???), but here's the email address: HaikeLite (haikelite@yeah.net).

i just bite the bullet and ordered MT07 :smiley:

Planning to put smooth reflector with 70.2 and swap the driver to pump more juice (unsure which driver yet)

I contacted them on their pm from the original purchase & on (haikelite@yeah.net)

Similarly, it annoys me, they gave me a promise and are now silent.
Tom E. Sorry that we are writing in your topic.

Hhmm, weird - maybe they don't want to sell off their remaining pieces, dunno. If this continues, I'm not getting a warm&fuzzy on them. We should consider them for the hall of shame list. If you got discounts from freeme or M4D M4X, should let them know too - maybe they can help.

Tell me please, is this suitable? http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026863.Cree-XHP70_2-P2-3B-Neutral-White-5000K-LED-Emitter

It’s also interesting, what kind of driver can I put in this flashlight?

Yep, same LED I updated to in the MT07, L6, and MT03.

Custom - SRK size. Lexel sells them assembled, or you can assembly/reflow them yourself. I'm using HarleyQuin's BLF SRK v3.4

i am beginning to like the MT07 a lot (moving on from the L6), have 13mOhm for the sense resistor, it gets warm fast! next step is to reflow a xhp70.2 :slight_smile:

i paid hakilite for the reflector, but didn’t get confirmation yet, did you get confirmation that they shipped your reflector?

No unfortunately and they said it would ship yesterday . But, their site is back up! Guess they figured out how to renew the domain name, or the hosting service .

[quote=solRNY]

im still waiting for them to reply my PM for the smooth reflector :frowning:

do you have photo of the driver where you added 13mOhm for the sense resistor?

Sorry, no, but 13 mOhm doesn't sound familiar?? Post #130 has the mod details.

Just fyi, I've made, and taken pictures of sooo many resistor mods, they are pretty much all the same. Here's the stock resistors:

Just envision an R075 sitting on top of one of those

thanks Tom

cant wait for mine to arrive and I love the compact stubby lights rather long (L6).

:smiley:

I stacked 4x 100m ohm on top of the stock resistors, have not measured the output current to see if it can give more current, so far no issues.

Also put heatsinks on the inductor and fets.

finally reflowed a xhp70.2 :slight_smile:
measured the current to the led to be over 11A thats with battery not fully charged!

also took some thermals of the driver after about 30sec, it gets hot! Looks like the PCB is more hotter than the heatsinks, I think once the driver is installed back into the host with that heavy duty locking ring it should help with the thermal path.

thanks for your review as it gave me interest at this MT07; I am liking it more and more everyday,

Nice! This is with the stock driver? The increase in current is due to the resistor mods alone? One more question, would this work with the 4s setup, as I have? Thank you.