The Thorfire TG06S is an upgraded version of the TG06 which is the successor of the TG05. The TG06S is Thorfire's current "flagship" 1xAA/14500 light and also their newest product. The TG06S is a tube-style light which utilizes a Cree XP-G2 in a throwy polished reflector. Output is speced at a max of 500 lumens when powered with a lithium-ion 14500 or 150 lumens with common AAs (NiMH, alkaline, etc.)
I had the opportunity to evaluate the new Thorfire TG06S and was provided a copy for review by Thorfire. I was really looking forward to this because I am a big fan of EDCs which accept common AA and AAA batteries in addition to having a 14500 option (for AA lights).
- TG06S LED flashlight is the upgraded version of ThorFire TG06 flashlight. TG06S has 5 modes: High-Mid-Low-Moonlight, hidden Strobe. gives out MAX 500 Lumens
- Extremely Bright Mini Light: TG06S flashlight uses single XPG2 LED, gives out MAX 500 lumens when powered by premium 14500 battery(NOT Included).
- Multi-functional Light: High(500LM) - Middle(200LM) - Low(50LM) - Moonlight (1LM ) and Strobe , perfect for daily different applications
- Durable: aircraft graded aluminum alloy to ensure durable, sturdy, non-slipping performance
- Package Includes: 1x TG06S flashlight; 2x spare O rings; 1x manual and helpful customer services.
New Features on TG06S
1. More Modes: When use premium 14500 battery, the brightness can be High(500LM) -Middle(200LM) -Low(50LM)-Moonlight (1LM ), and Strobe(500LM); When powered by AA battery, the mini light gives out High(150LM) -Middle(80LM) -Low(20LM)-Moonlight (0.5LM ), and Strobe(150LM)
2. Easier Operation. Fully press the turn on/off, tap to change modes, double tap to activate Strobe mode for emergency.
We still keep the old features on TG06S as below:
1. The lightweight makes the newly designed ThorFire TG06S fits easily into your pocket, backpack, purse, or tool bag.
2. With one considerate metal clip, you can clip it to your shirt pocket.
3. It is great for multiple indoor and outdoor applications including searching, camping, hiking, or even use as an emergency light when suffering a power outage.
4. One cooler thing is that the O-ring behind the lens glows in the dark, which makes it easy to be found in the dark.
ThorFire promise to offer 40 days money back and worry free customer services, if you encounter with any question, please contact us.
Item Weight: 1.6 ounces
Product Dimension: 4.3*2*1.6 inches
The tail thread is anodized to allow for mechanical lock-out.
The TG06S includes a pocket clip, which was preinstalled on the tail end for carry with the light facing down. The clip can also be installed on the head end for facing the light outwards (such as if you wanted to install the light on the bill of a baseball cap). The clip is secure and would be relatively hard to accidentally remove. Keeping the clip installed also adds a significant level of roll-protection.
Output is ordered H -> M -> L -> ML. (This is my preferred order for smaller EDC lights)
There is no mode memory so the light always activates on High.
- To turn the light ON or OFF, the tail switch is depressed fully.
- To advance modes, the tail switch is depressed partially (light press).
- To activate strobe (hidden), the tail switch is depressed partially twice in rapid succession.
When using AAs, I recommend using rechargable NiMH batteries such as Eneloop because these rechargables will not leak the same way that alkalines do. If using alkalines, be sure to replace them frequently especially once they are drained. Alkalines are most likely to leak in hot environments (like in a car) or when drained. For long-term storage such as a light left in a car or emergency kit, you may also use lithium-primary AAs (ex: Energizer L91).
The positive contact is flat. The negative contact is a firm spring.
Moderately Throwy. The TG06S uses a domed XP-G2 combined with a polished reflector so the hot spot is relatively tight with a somewhat defined corona that transitions nicely with a reasonable amount of spill.
When using an Eneloop AA NiMH, this light exhibited a gradual ramp-down of roughly 10-12% from activation during the first 2 minutes which is not noticeable during use. After that, this light does not appear to step-down any further during the first 10 minutes.
There is no electronic lock-out.