[review] Wurkkos FC13 - 18650, SFT40, multicolor sideswitch!

Not yet, was considering it, but haven’t done it yet.

js kills too much stuff with needless bloat and a serious performance hit. Plus, it enables and even encourages lazy website development. More emphasis is on eye-candy and less on functionality.

That is often the trend, totally agreed. It does have useful implementations too though. For example this forum engine runs a Javascript timer from when a user starts writing a new post until they hit send, and if it was inhumanly fast then it automatically flags the post as spam and requires manual approval. It’s already caught quite a few copy/pasta spam posts like that here. There is also Javascript involved in the way it optimally rearranges page elements and scales images based on the individual screen size.

Okay, no idea how to create a new post, only to reply to one, so I guess I’m talking to myself… :laughing:

Was just contacted by Wurkkos, got a surprise!

A discount link for 30% off (20% coupon and 10% promo code), 5XQDPZZI, that’s good up to March 31st.

Enjoy!

1 Thank

You can olso try Opera Browser works nice for me on Android phone !

I use brave on an iPad only for youtube to get rid of adds and I have buttons for scrolling.

On PCs I use Vivaldi
They don’t track.

I don’t need plug ins because a lot of stuff is built in and thererfore tested and doesn’t cause problems.
Vivaldi is from ex-Opera employees because Opera turned in the wrong direction. Also owned by the programers.

1 Thank

I’d imagine you got a whole bunch of Google’s Business Model. They sell views to advertisers, and are pretty shameless about the tactics used to connect the two.

Like, go visit someone for a couple days, google notices your phone location (or other identifier) overlaps with theirs, and it’ll spend the next week cross-pollinating – showing you ads for each other’s toothpaste and stuff.

To minimize this, it helps to reduce or block tracking, of course… like by using an un-google-ified browser and a good ad / script blocker… but it also helps to decouple things as much as possible, to keep different sites, services, and devices in separate non-overlapping silos. Like, instead of using one email address and one account to sign into a hundred different sites, use a hundred different accounts and email addresses. You’ll probably get more spam, overall, but it’ll be much easier to identify. Like, if your Amazon email address gets a message saying you need to reset your Netflix password, it’s obviously fake. And if 5 different addresses all get the same message on the same day, even if one of those is actually your Netflix account, you can still assume it’s fake since it was part of a whole batch of fakes.

It’s kind of a pain, and definitely requires some sort of password manager to keep track of all the accounts… but depending on how much you care, it can potentially be worthwhile. Plus, when sites eventually get hacked (when, not if), or when companies sell their customer databases, this approach limits the scope of damage to just that site.

Anyway, about the new forum, it’s definitely different… but stick with it for a while and you might find things you like. As with any change, it just takes time.

1 Thank

@Lightbringer The texteditor understands
markdown

How to do headings is nice to know

There are Editor Tricks
more Posts after

( It looks like sb, added added more tricks like strike through and tables since then to the editor)

1 Thank

Hey there @Lightbringer , the Reply button at the bottom of each post allows for your reply to be linked to that previous post to show that you’re specifically replying to it. Or, if you want to just reply in general about the thread topic you can use either of these:
Screenshot from 2023-03-20 08-28-56
Screenshot from 2023-03-20 08-29-43

Yeh, both Brave and Vivaldi are recommended by Mercola for the privacy-conscious.

It’s only inertia that’s kept me from switching.

Yep.
“You’re not the customer; you’re the product.”

Absolutely. And I still get blown away at my first-ever spam on my old phone. First time I ever stopped off in The Stop Of Games at lunch with some others, and like 2 days after, what spam do I get? From GameStop. They must sniff the “Yoohoo! I’m here!” pings that phones send, which is ironic because I rarely carry my phone on me, and just leave it in my bag, and that day was a rare one that I had it on me for some reason.

Good opsec in general, yep.

Trying… trying…

1 Thank

Uh. Code to Where? I tried that code on the Wurkkos site and Amazon and it’s not valid in either place. I have some other stuff in my cart on the Wurkkos site and I might add this light.

5XQ… sound like a generic amazon code, whereas one-time-use codes are way longer.

Just looked. There’s a 13% off dealy now, so that might negate any other coupons.

Hey look what the cat drug in. Missed ya. Also wondering how I missed this thread all week. And I always knew you wore girl shorts.

Okay, I asked about the code, and yep, the sale price was lowered and the code was cancelled.

“Snake Plisskin… I heard of you. I heard you were dead.”

I get that a lot.

Funny, 'cause grils wear “boy shorts”, so in fairness, boys gotta wear gril shorts, right?

Good to see ya Lb… this ‘bluegill’ is for you… :beers:

I learned something today…
Solid Snake (a famous video game character) is based on John Carpenter’s character of Snake Plissken from Escape From New York.
Sweet! :grin:

Nice review, I just bought one off of slickdeals.net 20 bucks Wurkkos FC13 3500lm Anduril 2.0 LED Flashlight: w/ Battery $23, No Battery

Nice price!