[Review] Wurkkos TS10 (Red, 4000k)

This my review of the Wurkkos TS10.

Specs:

• 3x CSP 4000K
  • Red AUX LEDs (I think low AUX is perfect for night time)
  • Battery 900mah 14500 (Measured at 867mah at 1amp discharge rate)
  • 1400 Lumens* (I measured slightly over 1,460 lumens at turn on, then quickly drops off and levels around 150 * 200 depending on thermals )
  • Double sided clip
  • Lanyard (Lanyard seems big for a flashlight this small, but its there if you want it!)
  • Anduril 2 UI (Lockout behaves slightly different than the chart would suggest)

First impressions:
This tiny little thing packs a huge punch! Its small, super light, and I can clip it to my pocket and not notice its there at all.

Build:

• The TS10 is very nicely designed and machined. Plenty of oil on the threads.
  • Since this light has a tail eswitch, you remove the head from the body to get to the battery instead of removing the tailcap. I tried to remove the tail cap but I was not able to get a very good grip on it and I also suspect that it may be glued.
  • Tailswitch feels like it is made of plastic, (not nessisarily bad) and requires deliberate force to press the button. I feel that the button won’t be accidentally pressed if it were loose in my pocket with other things. I’d still lock it out anyways. I also cannot remove the bezel for the same reasons.
  • The threads on my sample were nice and smooth and requires a small but noticable amount of force to start threading due to the spring load on the battery.
  • The clip certainly could be deeper since the tailcap isn’t mean to unscrew and kind of overlaps the head threads slightly.
  • Also to use the included Lanyard you have to attach it to the clip instead of the flashlight since there are no lanyard holes on the light itself
  • The TS10 uses a TIR lens with CSP LEDs which I think are made by “LatticePower” (https://www.wurkkos.com/products/csp\*leds\*csp2323\*3000k\*4000k\*5800k\*cri90,\*10pcs\*pack?VariantsId=10386)

Usage notes:

• This is definitely more of a flooder. The only throw you get is from brute forcing it by using turbo for a very short time.
  • Turbo is very impressive (overwhelms the FC11 in comparison) but short lived ,probaby the shortest of any light I have, due to the massive heat output for its tiny frame.
  • Unlocking from Lockout mode requires just 3 clicks instead of what the included chart says (old chart), because of that, I tended to blind myself because 4 clicks from lockout turns on the flashlight to the last remembered brightness level.
  • The lowest level “moonlight” is very very low (the lowest of any light I have) and I found it to be perfect for 3am bathroom runs, just enough to see where I am going without hurting my sleepy eyes.
  • Simple mode by default has the ramp ceiling maxed (same value as turbo) and Advanced mode has the ceiling set to 120. To me this is backwards, as Simple mode should have it capped at 120 and Advanced should be able to go above that, but that is not an issue with this light, just an Anduril thing. So I changed it myself, no biggie.
  • The thermal regulation works well. Since it heats up so fast I don’t think I will change it from the default 45C as I don’t want to accidentally fry it.
  • The sustained lumens is still pretty usable so the LEDs and driver seem to be moderatley efficient, I wouldn’t expect anything better from a flashilght this tiny.

Battery:
As far as the battery, it is labeled “900mah” and from 4.20v I measured 867mah down to 2.5 on my hobby charger wiht a 1amp discharge rate which I think is pretty decent. There are better 14500s out there, but this is a good “midrange”. I have other Sanyo UR14500AC batteries (740mah) and those don’t have near the turbo output that the wurkkos battery does.

Brightness Perf:
I have a homemade “lumen box” that I use for relative measurements between my lights. That in combination with my old smart phone’s lux sensor, I can get “ok” measurements, although I wouldn’t consider it close to accurate, so take it as you will.

• FC11: 1194 at turn on, 1134 at 30s
  • TS10: 2143 at turn on, 733 at 30s (levels out at 170 after 1min 20sec)
  • Imalent LD10: 854 at turn on, 571 at 30s

Verdict:
For the current price ($22.39 on Amazon last I checked: Amazon.com), I think this is a really good deal, especially considering it comes with an decent 14500 battery and Anduril 2 and even has AUX LEDs.

Pros:

• Brighter than FC11
  • Nice Design
  • Anduril 2
  • Comes with good 14500 battery
  • Great price!

Cons:

• Throttles very quick (Symptom of being a hotrod lol)
  • 3 clicks to unlock instead of Anduril default of 4 clicks

Lens gets dirty easily is seems:

FC11 vs TS10 at turn on:

FC11 vs TS10 at 30s:

Beam Profile vs FC11:

Bonus! Burning Paper:
https://i.imgur.com/SU8EWKn.mp4

Flashlight Collection: (Let me know if you want to see comparisons with any other lights in my collection!)

If you have any suggestions on what I should include in my reviews, let me know!

1 Thank

Thanks for the review!

That is Anduril default for a year already.

Hmm I have 8 Anduril lights and this is the only one that is 3 clicks to unlock. Has it been changed? Even the Anduril 2 chart it comes with shows “4C”

The chart was never updated and is outdated. 3C to unlock was added a year ago. Maybe all your flashlights use older firmware.

Well that’s definitely possible. I only have 2 “Anduril 2” lights including the TS10. Rest are Anduril 1.
I wonder why the lockout was changed?

I’d guess it was changed for more versatility:

“To exit lockout mode, click 4 times. The light should blink briefly and
then turn on at the memorized level. Or hold the final press to turn on
at the floor level instead:

- 3C: Unlock and go to “Off” mode

• 4C: Go to ramp mode (memorized level).
    (uses manual mem level if there is one)
  • 4H: Go to ramp mode (floor level).
  • 5C: Go to ramp mode (ceiling level).”

Makes sense

From ToyKeeper's Anduril-2 Manual at:
http://toykeeper.net/torches/fsm/anduril2/anduril-manual.txt

While in Simple UI:

While in Advanced UI:

• Also note that some Simple UI configuration settings like "auto-lock settings" are inherited from Advance UI:

My TS10 doesn’t unlock at 3C while SP10 Pro does.

I’m not sure why your Wurkkos TS10 does not unlock with “3C”.

I checked a couple of my TS10 lights and they unlock to the OFF state with “3C”.

The Anduril Version Check (15 or more clicks while OFF) reports that my TS10 lights are using Anduril Version “2022 07 19 0714”.

Thank you, mine is 2022 02 08 0614
Interesting that the brand code is different, triple checked mine.

You’ve got a light from the first batch that also experiences the aux LED bug (aux LEDs stay on while light is on) and no LVP for aux LEDs (aux LEDs on high will drain and damage your battery 3-4 days).

Guessed so. Now I need a flashing kit and some learning.

From what you said this seems to be the case. But I Just want to confirm.

The Aux LED issue has been resolved?

I have just seen 3000k and 4000k are there any cooler emitters that you can get with this light? Like 5000K or 5500K?

Thx…

I enjoyed your review, lots of useful info, thanks.

I agree Simple ceiling should not be 150/150… I set it to 110/150 which is about 250 lumens.

I like Advanced ceiling as it comes at 120/150. You can also go higher by using Turbo, although I dont think Turbo makes any sense because it drops like a rock very quickly, to a level below 200 lumens.

imo it is actually metal, Ive had it apart and it feels solid and heavy like metal.

the way I avoid frying it, is by not using Turbo.
I like to raise the thermal ceiling to 50C, it makes the sustainable output a bit closer to 300 lumens.

you can get the flashing adapter from gchart if you are in USA or from thefreeman if you are in Europe

this is a very good reflashing tutorial, if you have an Android phone:

Yes, they use low voltage protection now.

I would like to see a “pro” version of this light with a buck driver and the superior Nichia E21A R9080 leds.