Review: Xeno E03 XM-L (Pic heavy, beamshots)

I also had a flickering on my E03 XP-G version, but in my case it was the tailswitch that caused it. The moment I changed the switch against the provided spare one... the flickering was gone on all battery types.

Only thing that stopped me from ordering this light in the past are those awful looking finger grooves.

But looking at the great pics in this thread, I really like the light in blue.

So can someone please comment, do to the finger grooves do anything? Do they help you hold the light, or aid in grip?...etc...? Thanks.

i think they do make the light easier/more comfortable to grip.

Agreed, and many I've shown the light to really like the finger grooves.

Hi everyone,

My 1st post, but reading BLF from few months back

I'm from Singapore.

Ordered Black E03 XML cool white from HKequipment, last week and waiting for it.

It is for my son who will be going Taiwan for military training.

Likely will be using disposal AA for his overseas stint as I dont think there access to a power point for charging Li-on.

*FYI* here are my own weight measurements of Xeno E03 V3 XML T5 NeutralWhite, in red body color (without battery):

18 green o-rings: 2.466g

1 green o-ring: (2.466g /18=) 0.137g

head&body integrated design incl 2 green o-rings: 40.455g [40g]

tail: 8.579g [9g]

full torch, w/o green o-rings: (40.455 + 8.579 - 2*0.137 =) 48.760g [49g]

full torch as seen in picture: 49.039g [49g]

My e03 arrived today and I am really happy with it. Perfect size and weight for an EDC. Can't wait to try some 14500's but DE let me down on my order. Does anyone know if there're any UK suppliers that are cheap for batteries.l

DE?

you mean DX? ;)

yah, the Xeno is a nice built torch and very water-resistant 10meters.

all of the senior bfl'ers own it .. except for Vectrex

Lol yes DX

Curse my stupid fat fingers

IS 500 lumens obtained from an NIMH battery??? That does not make sense....

Ok I saw its 20/40/120 lumens....

Hi MountainKing!!

the "120 lumens" is only with the CoolWhite emitter. With the NeutralWhite emitter (i have it!!) you get maybe 85 or 80 lumens.

my Lumintop Worm (1x AAA Eneloop) is brighter than the Xeno (1x AA Eneloop) and runs even longer!! I cannot recommend the Xeno but i do recommend it if you plan to use 14500's in it. With Eneloops it s*cks. At least the NeutralWhite version.

i dont recommend it but it seems to work on our Xeno E03:

instead of the Fenix LD20 (21.5mm) pocket clip, you could also use the Fenix PD10 (19.0mm) pocket clip!

see also:

Hi, I'm new here although I've been looking at threads here for quite some time. I got my Xeno E03 sometime in October or November. Even before I bought mine I already saw people looking for a clip to be used with this light and have difficulty so I'd like to share here what I've shared in our local forum back then.

Materials needed:
1) key ring (choose something hard enough yet pliable)
2) shrink tube
3) long-nose pliers

Bend the key ring according to preferred size specification, while considering the clip length and profile together with the length of the arc to clip unto the light.

Insert the bent key ring inside the shrink tube. Apply heat to the shrink tube to tighten the tube and to fit the key ring.

Attach your new flashlight clip. ;)

Tight clip to a sheet of paper even when inverted.

Benefits:

1) DIY, therefore low budget

2) customizable tightness

3) scratchless light body ^_^

Looks like the E03 V3 has been updated with a new LED and higher efficiency, longer runtimes:

Xeno E03 V3 XM-L U2

That explains why HKEquipment is discounting the XM-L version ($5 off old price).

hi guys…

im just a begginer im planning to purchase a Xeno EO3 XM-L t6 cool white, i just would like to ask from you guys if STO3 or STO5 strike bezel stainless steel will fit to the Xeno EO3 series? coz it looks cool for me… thanks :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard, ramini!

Hey, raccoon, no image this time for ramini? :bigsmile:

Lemme find a good one...

Here ya go: