I would like to do my first mod and while there is quite a lot of information in different topics, it’s a bit difficult to try and put it all together and get the information I need, so I thought I would ask my specific questions and hopefully get the information to put this together.
Sorry for all the questions but as I havent modded before with the exception of replacing a few LED’s and tail switches, I need a bit of hand holding :bigsmile:.
I really like the form factor of the F6 (I have one already) and it is a little different to the more common triples out there now such as the Convoy S2 which seems to be done a lot. I think the only thing that will cause me problems is the side switch.
I intend getting XPL-Hi led’s for this mod.
Anyway, on with the questions and your advice would be appreciated:-
1. Is there a supplier (overseas is fine) that can supply LED’s, board, driver, optics that will all fit the F6? Would be good if I can get it all in one place but if not so be it.
2. Can I use the original driver for this mod? If not, what is a good driver that I don’t have to program or alter, what size will fit and where can I get it? 3 or 4 modes without blinkies would be good with a Turbo at one end and a 1 or sub lumen at the other. The middles just to keep it cool and get some run time.
3. Where can I get the LED board from?
4. Optics - I would like a Carclo optic in 10 degrees, as I am hoping for a little more of a throw profile than the original flood characteristics of the F6. I prefer to have a good hotspot and less spill.Where can I get a decent one and what size should I get?
5. Do you think anything else will be required such as retaining rings etc.
6. Is the F6 easy to take apart?
7. Is there anything I have missed ?
While I would certainly like to end up with a pocket rocket, I am fine if it doesnt get as high as some of the 3000 lumen builds I have seen by some of the talented members.
While I know this is not new, all going well, this will help me attempt a second mod which is a MTG2 or XHP50 or 70 in one of my ZY-T08’s.
Thanks for your help !