SAiK SA-305 (parallel 3xAA) arrived from LT (very,very picture heavy)

I might get the ampro version next time I have to buy something from amazon (so I get free shipping)

check out the description lol

oh, and the single reviewer mentions getting it at tractor supply for $10 - I WISH!

http://www.amazon.com/Ampro-T19785-Bright-3-Watt-Flashlight/dp/B005FK8WBO

Dang! Good find! Wish I would have known about this! Hate when I order stuff from China and it's sitting right here in the US at a reasonable cost! I just wonder which they ship you, the toilet or the flashlight?!!!

-Garry

maybe both?

usually I like knurling but I kind of prefer the tail matching the head w/ this ampro version

I've just ordered one myself since the C88 isn't available any longer. My plan is to install a XPG-R5 using the P60-dropin mod. I'll have to make do with the plastic lens though...

Gorann,

I can't speak for that Ampro (or that other non-SAIK above), but the SAIK does have the tripod hole. The hole is 1/4" x 20 and yes, is a standard camera tripod mount. I found these at my local hardware store to plug the hole with:

As far as bike mounting, I used conduit clamps to mount a camera and two flashlights on my bike for a summer trip:

(Note that I added a wing nut upside down to screw up against the bottom of the camera to hold the camera tightly in position.)

-Garry

Did a little searching around and found the Ampro version here in the U.S. for $11.49, but they have a $30 minimum and I'm not sure of the shipping charge. Amazon (meeting $25 minimum for Free Super Saver shipping) is probably still the best bet. Seems if you search hard enough you can find that Ampro version in a lot of places.

-Garry

google shopping showed me that one - shipping to NY is $15

BTW if someone searches spare carriers..... those should fit, but they are not suited for high current application. You can use them as a housing for heavy copper wiring. Don't forget to fill the hole in the pill with some copper coins/discs and pot it afterwards with Fujik or something similar, if you intend to make it a hard driven XM-L light.

I have 6 of those carriers, converted to parallel and w/ copper braid/solder slobbed all over the top and bottom. I can get more than enough current for an xml w/ 3p3s 1.6ah each Nimh AAs in them :)

the plastic is pretty low temp stuff though so you have to go slow when soldering them

Conduit Clamp:

In typical Use:

They sell around $0.50 to $1.25 US each here depending on size.

Those lights? Ummm . . . well they are from my beginning stages of flashaholism. A People's Cree from DX, and a 3 AAA Rayovac Sportsman's Extreme from Amazon. I actually still like both lights. The Rayovac one is a very well built light and not like the cheap Chinese lights. Lo & High, 30 lumens low for 22 hours, and 80 lumens high for 6 hours.

-Garry