Saturday Night Lights

Nice looking place VW. VW is that something to do with the VW bug?

264. I will be looking for your fix.

My wife says time for bed. Nice Visiting with everyone tonight.

I got an old bus and a couple 1983 Jetta’s
Like the aircooled bugs. Did a bunch of work on this 1967 for my buddy. Pretty much did everything on car except building the engine cause he already had it done. It’s a new car now. AZ car with absolutely NO rust.

some of my old junk

I am not seeing the photos VW

Yeah, trying to resolve the issue.
Think Google is catching onto the hosting work around. Has worked in the past.

Nice, You camp in the micro bus ? Plenty of room for flashlights in there.

You can see the pics now?

Yeah, bus has a stock rear seat with a conversion that allows it to fold out and backrest drops down into a bed. Not original or a camper bus. Never needed all the equipment in the campers nor want to haul it around all the time. That thing has been all over.
Bought in Albuquerque, NM. Rebuild engine on site and did all the brake work, drove it home… 9 days total from the time I left to arriving back in PA, 2000 miles. It was Not a vacation. That trip was 19 years ago, I was younger then.

Yes, I see them all now. The reload bench, the bug, and garage shot are new.

I would love to have a garage that big.

Very cool, Thanks!

Yeah but its too big to heat. Some times it’s colder in the shop than outside. :person_facepalming:
All the heat goes up to second floor and out the roof peak vent. Got a 100,000btu kero bullet heater but that gets expensive after a while. And I’m running low on the heating oil I siphoned out of the fuel tanks from house when I installed the natural gas boiler. Down to the blacker mucky stuff, it works but gotta clean spark plug every couple days.

I try not to do garage work when its this cold. I have a Mr heater , and another that goes on top of 20 pound propane, yes get expensive fast.

Well it is not pretty. It does turn the flashlight on/off but not the modes. Have to rethink.

looks like it need shaved a bit. How hard does that stuff get?

It is easy to find. Dap makes a regular size tube. It is just what silicone caulk is without all the added chemicals. I bought this at Meijers. Lowes was out of stock.

It does not become as hard as plastic. It always has a bit of give. At this point I would not recommend anyone else try this. It seems to have short circuited the switch a bit.
:frowning:

Ok, now I got an idea what your using. Something safe for fish…

I am looking for a switch solution on my Emisar D4.
I don’t want to look it out every time I pocket it.

I am wondering if I use a lot less of this than you did, I could sub flush the switch if that makes sense.

Edit, gotta work, will check back

Saturday Jan 19th

Anyone else setting home. We got more snow last night. Thinking around 7 inches.
Wife has cold. I am enjoying a few drinks.

Check in if you want.

I am fighting the urge to by the Acebeam H40 single AA headlamp

Thats funny, just searched for this thread and got an email notification before I even got in here

Hello vw. How was your week?

Good Chad, thanks.
What you been up to?

Got about 5in of fresh snow outside and still coming.

Midnight snack…. Actually midnight dinner.
Shouldn’t have put the HOT salsa on top. I might be up for a while

Slow week. Not exactly how much snow we got but Red and Roxy both bottom drag there bellies.

Got some sst-20 4000k leds today but have not done anything with them.

How is the house comming?

This week I finally got hot water to the bathroom sink and the washing maching.

Wife is happy