SF-My Meager Collection-

Love the silver on the L2m.....Wow and i thought my L2m and L2 was worn lol.......my go to flashlight when i hear a bump in the night. And thanks Kramer for the warm welcome back. I put the lantern on my L2X which is running a 3 mode XML and that sucker puts out alot of light.

Nice lights. My collection is much the same.

The lantern and Ace look cool. Great to have you back online, Al!

Found my old little tripod and it works great with the lantern.....

Nice lights. The quality of Solarforce is amongst the highest I've seen in the chinese 6P style lights.

Cool lantern!

Alfred, how is that lantern attached to the tripod? I mean, was it tapped at the factory to accept the tripods bolt?

+1

Yes. I have the LT-1 lantern also but I just need a tiny tripod.

Yes they all have a thread for the tripod.

Thanks, guys. That seems like a very practical and stable setup with the tripod. Going to have to put that lantern on my list of things to get.

I got the tripod years ago at Walmart in the camera section.......can not remember the cost though. The legs are retract for portability.

Q: Will the lantern screw onto the body as well?

Yes sir. Just remove the bezel and screw in the lantern.

Group shot of my SF lights.....

There is always something new to learn here. I have the LT-1 and never noticed it until I read this thread.

I love the pictures.

1/4-20 UNC, to be exact - the most common camera tripod thread size. Just in case someone wants to build their own, or attach (bolt on) the lantern head to something else than a generic tripod.

The solarforce T4 I got around june last year came with one, as well. It has since proved to be useful on at least two occasions (would have been more, probably, if I hadn't taken it apart completely to convert it to XM-L and MadMax-Plus driver - which I hadn't come around to finish, yet). My bestest buddy was immediately hooked when he saw the lantern head, and had me order him one for his L2P as well.

The goods finally showed up today…….with the M3 i am going double barrel….more pics to follow.

With and without extention………

Alfred, I love that M3 in shorty mode! 8)