Shameful...just shameful

I posted here replying the OP

No other reason for it being in this section.

This is not a CPF bashing thread. Some people here use both sites and are frustrated when CPF is down. They cant go on CPF to vent a little about it, because it's down you know.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. You can't hold BLF responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the entire flashlight community? And if the entire flashlight community is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of all internet forums in general? I put it to you, Burro - isn't this an indictment of the entire internet? Well, you can think whatever you want, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the internet. Gentlemen!

Won't be me using it. Got permabanned from both.

That was priceless , dude .

The "you guys" comment reveals how you see the forum. Why bother posting at all? You're creeping up on HALF your posts now revolving around CPF in some fashion.

When this thread was created, you had many choices:

1. You could have ignored the thread entirely. You chose not to.
  2. You could have read the thread, and refrained from commenting. You chose the opposite.
  3. You could have read the thread and commented, but not in a condescending manner. Guess what happened ?

You may be Greta's child, for all I know or care - whatever your relationship or history with CPF, discounting the BLF members' unpleasant experiences or feelings is trollish, at the very least.

If you don't like these threads, don't click on them. If you REALLY don't like these threads, please feel free to hang out somewhere they aren't allowed.

+1

He was channeling Otter.

I do realize it's the same few involved.

I just suggested BLF would be a better place without the bashing.

My opinion, I guess there's no room for discussion, my apologies to the OP.

Ill refrain from expressing my opinion in my future posts.

If that were true, it wouldn't have taken 5 pedantic posts, in this thread alone.

Don't sweat it, Burro. A lot of people have been mistreated at the other place and so they vent here. I agree it doesn't mean they should be mistreating you, so please know you're welcome here. I hope none of us are judged by 5% of our posts.

I agree it would be better not to bash the neighbor.

But if the neighbor is spiteful, condescending, pompous, loud and doesn't let you speak, perhaps the neighbor deserves to be bashed.

Just my 2 cents.

Viktor

P.S.

This goes in general: noone here wants you to shut up because your opinion is different. From my experience, as long as you have valid arguments people here want to hear them.

Sorry Burro, I should have put a winky or smiley after my post. Anyway, the difference between BLF and the other place should be pretty obvious by now - if you had a similar outburst over there, you would have surely been rewarded with a vacation from your posting privileges. While we may differ in our opinions here, we are almost entirely free to post them. And it's ironic, to me at least, how the heavy-handed moderation of the other place seems to lower the civility of it.

Who wants to see a pic of Greta in her jammies?

NOT ME!

Been there. Thrown that up....

What I like about BLF is the seven public rules.

Site Rules:

BY REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT YOU ALREADY IMPLICITLY AGREED TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES:

1. Please don't be a rude. Rude people will have their accounts deleted.
  2. Please don't use dirty language, please don't swear, and please avoid lewd conversations.
  3. Please avoid controversial or divisive subjects such as religion and politics.
  4. Please don't even think about spamming this forum. Spammers will be prosecuted.
  5. Please don't even think about using this forum for illegal activities. Criminals will be prosecuted.
  6. You may receive notification by email of replies to certain topics.
  7. Have fun.

There are no unwritten rules and no psychopathic moderators. There is one moderator - Mr. Admin - who does an excellent job.

I'm certainly not the only person who has offered to send him money to run this wonderful place.

He has always refused it.

Contrast that with the Other Place...

Thanks again Mr. Admin! You do an excellent job.

I do! My older daughter likes candies too much, it won't hurt to show her how she will become when she grows up

This picture will do!

It's not normal for so called database errors to be cropping up on a near daily basis on a forum, forums almost run themselves.

It's either a power trip or someone doesn't know what they are doing, I'm guessing it's a little of both.

Show me the jammies!

Yeah, and correcting improper punctuation lol;

Keith

I... don't... feel... very... well...

I've been lurking on this forum for some time now. Rarely log in but check the recent posts page several times a day. I agree with Burro here. It's getting tiresome to always see some kind of CPF bashing thread on the first page of the recent posts.

The really shameful thing here is the constant Beavis and Butthead pubescent comments and sich. Hehe-hehehe-hehe. He said "butt".