Shameful...just shameful

+1

I agree with the request to cease all the anti-CPF comments. I have no love or loyalty to CPF, but give credit to that board for the knowledge base it offers and have learned a great deal about flashlights and modding.

If this verbal abuse continues, then we are no better than them, right? Guys, let's focus on our flashlight hobby and leave all the crap behind, ok?

It is very simple, If you don't want to hear/read someones ranting about CPF then don't click. If someone wants to vent about something they should be able to do that. You don't have to read a damn thing on the internet that you don't want to. So if you don't like it, steer clear of the off-topic chatter forum.

That Is all; as you were.

+1

It hasn't gotten that bad. Lighten up.

Hmm.. 5 posts and only one is not about CPF. I can see why you are being defensive.

I'm a reader and listener, not a talker. Like the majority of you all here, I don't like having to go mucking through the shite for the content. You all complain about having to do that at CPF yet you seem very proud and defensive of your own shite here. Just pointing out the double standard.

You diminish the value of this otherwise very valuable forum full of good content when you muck it up with this shite. And now you attack me because I dare to point that out to you. Another double standard, it would seem; you can freely express your opinion (and pride yourself in being able to), yet you attack others for doing the same if that opinion doesn't jibe with yours. Hypocrit? Maybe.

Hi Burro,

Welcome back.

Make that 5/6 now.

Please clean up your foul language, BurroSheldon - this is a family board.

I've been attempting to browse the forums for the past 20 minutes or so and gotnothing but this:

The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see thehandbook, or contact your hosting provider.

The mysql error was: User sb73542_dbbudget already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections.

Troll with an agenda?

More hypocrisy?

Speaking of hypocrisy, it's funny how some people complain about having to fish through muck - and then spend practically all of their time rolling in it. Especially when it's really easy to avoid.

I really don't see what the issue is here. CPF has the Cafe, Bike Forums and Roadbikereview both have The Lounge, MTBRForum has the Beer Forum and the Women's (only) Forum, Bicycling magazine has the Love Forum. Just about any forum on the interwebs has a place for people to just talk about anything that comes up, most a helluva lot worse than anything I've ever seen on BLF. This is Off-Topic Chatter, why you getting your knickers in a twist about a thread on CPF? Really, man - if you don't like it, just don't click on it.

To your comment on mucking up the forum? Don't be ridiculous; this is one topic out of hundreds and it's off in it's own sub-sub-forum. I view BLF from the Home Page. There are 25 topics on display on page 1. I read the topic and decide for myself whether it interests me. If it does, I'll click on it and maybe make a post, if it doesn't I won't. You are free to do the same.

I've been a member of Bicycling forum for over 10 years - spent a grand total of one hour on Love Forum and thought it was the stupidest, most juvenile forum I had ever visited and guess what, haven't been back. I say you or anyone else has the right to express your opinion and you've done that. Continuing to argue your point of view every freakin' time a CPF topic comes up is just Trolling. Leave it alone, move on and most of all, get over it.

+1 Well said!

I think some folks missed my apology in post 27.

You are right, Burro - I'll edit my post. No problems here and you have every right to your opinion.

I have no problem with people saying anything about CPF, but it might be a good idea to have CPF in the title of the thread to inform those who wish to avoid the drama. The title of this one gives no indication of the actual subject.

What might also help - on the front page, where the most current threads are listed, only the title of the thread is shown. If it were possible to also show the associated forum, then people could more easily steer clear of those forums that they wish to avoid (such as off-topic chatter). Some subject titles are sufficiently vague so that one has little idea about the content.

I caught the apology and it seemed very snide in my opinion. If you ignore the thread you are wise, if you click and compare you are being argumentative. BTW, i was accused (not by a mod) of being a Lacrosse (i don"t even own one) family member (sounds like a cult lol) for giving numbers that did not validate the C-9000 of which I do own one. If I don"t like a thread, I do not click it, unless I want to argue (which I don"t)

And yes, depending on our "motive" we should be free to say what we want.

Keith

"off topic/ chatter forum"

Lighten up or don't click on this forum if you only want to read about flashlights.

Now where is that pic of DM51 in his undies.....

what's the point of pointing out hypocrisy anyway. it's one thing to make sure people have the facts straight, but hypocrisy is about moral inconsistency. by condemning hypocrisy, there's an assumption that moral consistency is important to BLF members, but no one knows that. for all anyone knows, hypocrisy may be totally acceptable to some of us.