Single 26650 Beast -HaikeLite SC01 vs SC02

Today’s Leading role :Haikelite SC01 , I will compare it to Haikelite SC02 in this topic

I finished the review in china flashlight forum 2 weeks ago, haikelite suggested me to share the review here.

Here is haikelite SC02 review i did before

Basic information copied from haikelite

Specifications:

—-Emitter: CREE XHP35 HI CW
—- Material: 6063 Aluminum Alloy ; HAIII Anodized finish
—- Battery: 1x26650 (>6A drain)
—-Switch: Side-click metal waterproof Button
—-Aluminum SMO Reflector
—-Ultra Clear AR Coated Toughened Glass Lens (99% light transmission)
—- IPX 8 Waterproof
—-Digital Full Current Regulation ; 91% driver efficiency
—- With Anti-reverse protection ; Anti-discharge protection ;
—-With Battery power detection Function ; Low-voltage protection
—-With Temperature Control protection.
—- With Build-in Charging Port

—-Dimensions: 135mm x 45.5mm x34mm
—-Weight: 220 gram
Accessories: Gift Box ,;spare O Rings ; Landyards ; USB charging wire

Brightness level :
— Low Low—20 lumens
— Low —–200 Lumens
— Mid —500 Lumens
— High—1000 Lumens
— Hidden Turbo—2000 Lumens (double click)
—Hidden Strobe—2000 Lumens (press the button for 2 seconds in off status)

User Interface:

—Single click on / Single click off
—Press and Hold the button to switch modes
—Mode circles —- Low Low > Low> Medium>High
—Double click in any mode to access Turbo mode
— With mode memory

The packing utilizes PVC plastic packing. The packing box feels a bit cheap and fragile. I hope haikelite can use hard-paper box as MT03 and MT07.

Just like SC02 , SC01 has built-in USB charge port,all accessories include a usb wire, flashlight sling and two waterproof rings.

Both SC01 and SC02 have black color and white color for choice. Personally I love SC02 more in shape and style.

After simple measurement,SC01 is 135mm length,head diameter is around 40 mm,the narrowest body diameter is 30mm,Netweight 221.8g,with battery 310.8g.

SC02 has similar size with SC01, Netweight is 231.8g,with battery is 320.6g,SC02 is slightly heavier,Both lights feel robust and strong, very well made.

SC01 utilizes XHP 35 HI LED ,Reflector is SMO,Double side AR coating, The AR lens looks pretty nice under sunshine, light transfer rate is greatly raise, that’s really nice to enforce this light’s throw ability . The SS bezel from SC01 looks very nice too, can protect the head well.

SC02 uses CREE MTG2 5000k emitter and uses Double side AR coating lens as all other haikelite products do. The reflector is Orange pill finish, make it a nice flood light. SC01 is made for throw , SC02 is made for flood.

From below picture you can see the main difference of the two light. Left one is SC02 MTG2 , Right one is SC01 XHP35

The bezel is not glued,can be easily taken off. The bezel of SC01 is made of stainless steel, while SC02 bezel is made of aluminum alloy. I hope haikelite can make a batch of SS bezel for SC02. Tear the head down ,bezel and lens and O rings.

The reflector of SC01 is 33mm in diameter, and 23mm deep, around 6.8 gram.

SC02 has GITD head O ring, it can glow in darkness.

SC02 reflector is 37.5mm diameter x 22.5mm deep,netweight is 14.3g

Metal button switch is good to operate. Deep heat sink fins in both of the two lights. SC01 has anti-roll polygon design, this is very special feature for a signal cell flashlight, While SC02 has no anti-roll design, take care when you leave it in the table.

SC01 and SC02 have total different knurling , Interesting thing is the battery tubes are interchangeable between SC01 and SC02.

I found SC01 and SC02 have interchangeable body , look nice, aren’t they?

Both lights have same sling hole , tailstanding is availble.

SC01/SC02 flashlight is made by 3 parts , head,body and tailcap.The charging port is designed in the body , i think this design enhanced the waterproof ability.

The threads are nice wide rectangle shape with anodized coating, So lock-out by loose the tail is available.

SC01 battery tube diameter is 26.5mm,body outer diameter is 30 mm,so the thinnest body part is over 3.5mm, ,SC02 has the same body size with SC01. Just for size Most 26650 can fit .

SC01 and SC02 uses the same silver-coating copper-alloy springs, Springs are super strong.

Beam shot— SC01 XHP35 HI thrower VS SC02 MTG2 flooder

Camera setting ios200 F3.5 1/40s

1.5 meter from wall
Both light have no PWM in all modes, good. From the white wall beam comparison we can see SC01 is made for throw and SC02 is made for flood. SC02 beam tint is much more pleasant to eyes.

Low Low

Low

Medium

High

Turbo

SC01 VS SC02 Outdoor beam shot comparison in 3 places

Place 1: Shooting the road ; Place 2: Shooting the woods (The second person angle of view from 100meters) ; Place 3: Shooting to a hill.

SC01 20 lumens Extreme Low

SC01 200 Lumens Low

SC01 500 Lumens Medium

SC01 1000 Lumens High

SC01 2000 Lumens Turbo

SC02 2000 Lumens turbo

SC01、SC02 waterproof test

IPX8 class test is to put the light underwater 2 meter, but i do not find 2meter pool to test it. So i put the light into 30cm deep fishbowl and leave the light in water for 30 minutes. Both of lights work fine after 30 minutes.

Here is the test video for SC01 and SC02. I do not upload them to youtube, hope the link works.

SC01 waterproof test

SC02 waterproof test

SC01、SC02 Turbo 2000lumen runtime and thermal test without cooling

Use lilotaka 26650 5000mah 15A battery, SC01 fully charged at 4.194V, SC02 fully charged at 4.198V

To be updated (Runtime test , thermal control test, outdoor shooting comparison,waterproof test)

oh man white SC01 is gorgeous, i also wished that Haikelite uses Stainless steel bezel on the SC02. I think i will get SC02 too a good MTG2 lights is hard to miss.

I recently bought an SC01. As has been described by one or two others, I encountered a switch/driver issue which requires multiple button presses for the light to turn on. Within a few days of purchase, I emailed Haikelite, and they ignored my email. I sent a follow up, which they eventually responded to but did not offer any remedy (they did ask if I would be technically able to replace the driver, but did not actually offer to send me one). Follow up emails were also not responded to. I cannot think of any reason why I would buy a Haikelite product in the future, since the company does not seem interested in resolving customer issues and is horrible about responding to email.

Here’s an update regarding my experience with Haikelite after having bought an SC01 having a faulty switch/driver. After a bit of back-and-forth messaging on this forum with Haikelite, they agreed to send me a new head for the SC01, which arrived today and resolved my issue. :slight_smile: