I purchased two sets of 4 button top 30Qs from BangGood for my MF04S.
TLDR: These are sketchy and are almost certainly not 30Qs.
The printing of cells’ labels all looked funny. Noticeable the UN in samsUNg looked distorted and stretched the exact same way on all 8 of my cells.
There also wasn’t a date code listed on any of them.
However, when I compared them with the shape of my other 30Qs and 35Es, they looked identical.
Discharge wise, I don’t have the necessary equipment to conduct a proper test but I do have a D4v2 which I used to test the cells.
My VTC6, other 30Q, 35E, and the BangGood 30Q all heated up the D4v2 in approximately the same time. I conducted this unscientific test by double clicking for turbo mode every 10 seconds and holding them in my hand until they were burning to the touch and I had to let go.
All four aforementioned cells made the D4v2 feel unbearable to hold after about 25s.
I also have some low quality EBL 18650s I got off Amazon some time ago. Those took 60+ seconds with repeated turbo activation every 10s before my D4v2 became unbearably hot to hold.
These “30Qs” have a discharge capability which isn’t bad.
Internal resistance on the other hand was a mixed bag. The set of four batteries labeled “1” had higher internal resistances when measured on my lii-500. The set of 4 labeled “2” had fairly low internal resistances (about 10 ohms). (I’m not sure how accurate the lii-500 is at measuring internal resistance)
Capacity on the other hand… Unless my lii-500 is somehow super off, I can conclusively say these are not 30Qs. They’re more in line with 35Es.
The button top 30Qs I bought from illumn all had about 2950-3000mAh using the normal test function. The ones from BangGood all had ~3200mAh, one even peaked at 3424mAh!
My lii-500 charger has never really appeared off to an extent like this in the past. My 30Qs, 26650s, 35Es, VTC6s, 18350s have all landed within fairly tight margins of their manufacturers’ and other testers’ ratings. I highly suspect the mAh ratings of these “30Qs” is accurate which implies there’s some funny business going on.
Take note that I made sure to charge the first set fully before using the “fast-test” fiction which does not charge the cells before the discharge test is conducted.
The 3125mah cell in the 2nd set was the one I used for turbo tests in my D4v2, the other cells are all fresh out of the packaging on their first discharge though the terminals did not look pristinely new when I took them out of their packaging.
My verdict: I feel that these are 35Es but I have no way to be certain as I lack the proper test equipment. They are probably sufficient for my MF04s with its boost (soon to be buck) driver but I don’t really know what to make of them.
Video of my discharge tests for proof:
1st set: 4 Bg 30Qs
2nd set: 4 Bg 30Qs
3rd: keepower1200mah 18350(illumn), vtc6(illumn), 35E, 30Q