Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

Did somebody get it already?

Manafont shipped mine on the 20th and I'm still waiting for it.

Mine was shipped ten days ago, and now it arrived to the country (I ordered from LightMalls, and I’m really impressed on how fast it arrived! Normally it takes from 30 to 40 days, and sometimes up to 70 or 80 days to my country).

But the bad part is that I have to pay customs, so Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to get my SR-K1NG.

Now I'm charging four XTAR 2600 for tomorrow, I'm anxious to receive it ^^

Hey FX...I'm really curious as to how you like it. Not having mine yet, I haven't been able to figure out if this torch is going to be comfortable to hold with its unusual hand-hold design.

Eagerly awaiting impressions on this light. Specifically...

-Current draw

-Switch type (electronic or mechanical click)

-Dissection / tear down pics

-Thermal design

-Parasitic drain

Looks promising though... despite the hideous gold.

Yep. I got my NW version from CNQG. Will do a review during this weekend, but meanwhile you can read my first impressions from here.

tells us it isn't very good, then next month, when I have more money, tells us the truth

I've got mine!

It is VERY bright, way brighter than a fake TR-3T6 direct driven at 4.5Amps.

It is really small, the ugly design is comfortable to my hand.

I measured tailcap current with four fresh charged XTAR 2600 (4.20V each) and it was 3.7Amps on high and 0.3Amps on low. It is not precise, because it was difficult to measure without spending more time wiring something better.

Here I'm sharing some pics with you, in the "beamshot" pic the KING is on the right and the Fake TR-3T6 is on the left.

I really like the flashlight, the color is OK, better than expected, I like it's SS bezel, perfectly centered emitters... I'm going to keep it, I don't have a DRY but I think this one is brighter and with better throw.

EDIT: Forgot this, Switch is electric.

Pictures were taken with my cellphone so don't expect too much (click to enlarge)

Does the contact for the anode shave off with use? So it seems from the photos. I see some shaving on the batteries too.

Nice...

Does the battery "can" unscrew from the head a little to lock out the circuit form accidental turn on?

Looks like the +B nubs are really digging / gouging into the driver board... is it as bad as this pic makes it look? Do your cells maybe have a sharp metal edge on the +B... making it look worse than it is?

thanks for sharing the great pics. The gold doesn't look that bad.

Holy cow that is compact! With those tail readings, sounds like it's going to make 2000L.

Sorry for the barrage of questions... scattered mind at work here

So with four cells in parallel, and 3.7A current draw... does that mean the 3.7amps is split between the 4... so each cell only "delivers" 3.7/4 = .925A?

I just remembered I only use flat-top Panasonic CGR cells, with a small dab of solder on the +B. Solder is pretty soft stuff, I think I will be OK with the +B rubbing on the circuit board.

I am "this" close to pulling the trigger!!

Yup, I don’t like it, maybe the batteries doesn’t help because they are a bit shap, but I think it is the flashlight’s fault. Anyway it can be fixed soldering something harder on the top of the PCB.

Or maybe the springs can be replaced (a bit harder) with shorter ones

Yes!! if you unscrew it let’s say 5mm, it doesn’t turn on pressing the button, so it’s very safe

So, it takes ~1 Amp from each battery, that is really nice for the batteries lifetime, capacity and heat.

I didn't keep it turned on for much time, not more than one minute because there is daylight, but I'll try this night and see how hot it turns.

I'm watching it on my desk tailstanding right now... the color is really good, silver with light gold, I love it :D

In Thai web board, sa11 measured 7.23A Hi , 0.655A Low and 1.8A per cell.

It makes sense if It's real 2000 OTF.

http://www.thaicpf.com/webboard/index.p

Mouse over for SKYRAY King NW, Mouse out for DRY NW (70mm, 1.3s, f/8, ISO400, 4800K, distance about 90m)

Wow...If these numbers are correct, I'd say I've been wrong all along about the Skyray KING. Looks like output is for real. Now the question is how does it handle the heat?

Amazing, the skyray is brighter than the dry. Thanks for posting this.

Follow the link and find SKY RAY KING.

http://www.thaicpf.com/webboard/index.php

Hey folks...I hope it's okay to post this Youtube link I just found for the SR KING by LIghtMalls.com. Clearly on low mode there is a good amount of PWM, but none that I can detect on high mode. So on High it's either directly driven or something else??

Glad it doesn't have the TM-11's UI. I like this much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ0SyfMs5dc

The UI is simple:

1st Click => High

2nd Click => Low

3rd Click => Off

Hold 2s when lit => Strobe (I really like the idea of hidden strobe!)

No PWM on high, but BAD PWM on low. I'll measure this later, but it's way worse than DRY.