Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

The only cat in the world that has a balls to use SRK :smiley: aaahahahaha :smiley:

I just recieved my Skyray King today, and DAMN ! :open_mouth: its a real barnburner in such a small size. My new second favourite light in my collection for now. :bigsmile:

They should make one with the new xm-l2 led’s with 3A+/led. Maybe we can make a request at one of the stores selling them to make a custom batch?

There is this mod available.

So where did you buy it from? I want one bad but still trying to decide which site to order from. Like everyone else I’m trying to get a good one.

I got mine (one T6 gold, one U2 black) from CNQualityGoods, and they’re the real thing. I kept the gold one and gave the black one to my father.

However, CNGQ might not have the black one in stock, or may have only a clone which they have marked as being not as good. They seem to still have the original gold one though, I think.

I have the Fandy fire UV-S5 from fasttech and love it. I think it is a very good light. I regularly test all four cells and they are within a couple of.01 of each other on the multimeter. Very consistent.

I recieved mine from CNQualityGoods.

yet another version of driver board???

Just received the Fasttech SRK, the warm white version ($50) in black. It came in a nice box with spare o-ring. On the pictures it was shown with the paracord lanyard, but unfortunately I got the crappy one. Quality wise, it looks very nice to me, it’s got one tiny scratch, leds centered perfectly on black background, machining good, only one skrew at the tailcap (which isn’t glued together like others luckily) is destroyed.

Output is nice tint, although i think it’s more neutral white than warm white as seen on the pictures, but it’s much warmer than my xml-u2. Only the lumen output is very dissapointing, not much better than my XML-U2 900L P60 light… I guess it’s maybe 1200l. My camera can detect PWM but I don’t notice this at all with my eyes like others?

Driver looks like this:

(not my picture)

I would recommend the cheaper cool white version if you order at FT.

Sorry, can’t give pictures or measurements at this moment.

My one from FT was like yours very dim it also had a separate driver issue (not resolved) Take a look at the 4 pins that connect the springs to the contact board, the soldering on mine was appalling and even with signs of someone trying to redo them. two were dry one had little solder and no semblance of contact and the last was not a good joint.

Redid them, took the board out cleaned the contact end of the springs and got some gunk off where the board contacts the body, on mine both the board contact and the body of the torch needed cleaning as did the driver board contacts. Having done that the brightness increased markedly though not as bright as an original SRK.

Also be a bit careful with the screws that hold the spring contact board to the body, as it seems the ali is not the best as mine came with threads stripped on one and nearly on another.

Just had a look at it, seems to be all good contacts and soldering at the tail end, only two screwheads are worn out so i will not unscrew it :stuck_out_tongue: I will have another look at the output at night… The warm white is never as bright as CW.

I was going to buy one of these in a month or two, but I think now I probably won’t. Especially with people saying now that some aren’t much brighter than a 900 lumen light.

This makes me really glad I got one of the good ones from CNQG… and a little sad that I didn’t get more of them while they were available. It’d be nice to have a black U2 model in addition to my gold T6, but I gave the black one away.

I guess I’m okay with having only one SRK though; it’s not like I often have much use for it. I mostly use less than 10 lumens on 1xAA or 1xAAA lights, so 2200lm is just too much for me except in rare situations. I still pick it up and turn it on frequently though, just to marvel at how incredibly cool it is. It really is a thing of beauty.

Mine sits at the back door. It gets used several times a day, though usually on low. If I’m cooking, the light in the kitchen isn’t adequate so it gets used sometimes on high, but usually on low. Not helped by my heating boiler’s idea that using its flue was boring and instead it’d use the kitchen as a chimney. The ceiling is now black which really, really doesn’t help. Still trying to find a plumber to fix this as I’ve not had any heating for 4 weeks now and the average temperature over the last 4 weeks has been around 1C / 34F. Outside it’s –2C / 28F just now and snowing.

I used to have a 250W incandescent bulb in the fitting - but you can’t buy those any more. There are several places in my house where I could use more light than any CFL I can buy locally will provide. Time to get on the Bay and look for some high wattage CFLs. And multi-bulb adapters.

Anymore input for this light?

I have two in transit and would like to gather as much info as I could so I’ll be ready to check the lights for any defects when they arrive.

Thanks

Where did you order from? Hopefully the $58 genuine black one from cnqualitygoods :slight_smile:

-Jamie M.

Hi, I ordered mine from WallBuy together with the TM26. I have a feeling its the clone (as people called it) one I purchased.

What are the difference between the genuine and clone? Driver (how)? Output (how much difference)? Finish (HAIII vs ?)?

From reading:

Clone - button rattles
Clone - thin/crappy anodizing
Clone - regulated driver instead of direct drive (not as bright when using good batteries)
Clone - comes with crappy quality lanyard
Clone - sometimes LED’s not very centered

-Jamie M.

Direct drive (genuine) wont fry the LED/driver? I need this light to run for 30 minutes non-stop the least, else its no use for me

Not as bright - it will be fine as long as the output is no lower than 2000 lumens
Button rattles - I could live with this if its not much since I paid it cheap
Crappy anodizing - no biggie as I wont baby the lights
Crappy lanyard - reminds me when I bought some cheapo lanyard for my RRT2 :bigsmile:
LED not centered - ship back time :email: