Sofirn IF23 4000 lumens - Loodlight and Spotlight Beam RGB Torch

Specifications

v Emitter: 1*XHP50B, 20* CSP1313(13-3A3-I1-90-B2-BD-GR), 10* Color LEDs(JF-387F-Y)

v Battery Option: 1x 21700 battery

v Working Voltage: 2.7V-4.2V

v Mode Operation: Side e-switch

v Standby Drain: ≤150uA

v Input: Type-A to type-C 5V 3A

v Maximum Charging Current: 3A

v Material: A6061-T6 aluminium alloy

v Water Resistance: IP68 waterproof

v Reflector Type:Orange peel reflector

v Lens Type: Toughened glass lens

v Dimension: 27.5* 30.05* 120.5mm

v Weight: 125g(without a battery)

v Spotlight beam angle: 15°,floodlight beam angle: 85°

v Reverse polarity protection from improper battery installation.

v Low BatteryLevel Warning: When the battery voltage is low, the LED indicator will flash red. Please recharge the battery.ư
————————-
Operation Instructions:
ON/OFF:One-click theswitch to turn the light on/off.
DIRECT ACCESS TO TURBO MODE: When the flashlight is on, quickly double-click theswitch to activate Turbo mode.
DIRECT ACCESS TO STROBE MODE:When the flashlight is on Turbo mode, quickly double-click theswitch to enter into Strobe.Then double-click the switch to cycle through Strobe-SOS-Beacon, one-click the switch to return to previous used mode.
MOONLIGHT MODE: When the flashlight is off, press and hold the switch for over one second to access the moonlight mode. CHANGE BRIGHTNESS LEVEL: When the flashlight is on, press and hold the switch and it will, starting from the remembered brightness level, automatically cycle through Low, Medium, and High. The mode is selected when the switch has been released. RAMPING UP/DOWN:When the flashlight is on, hold and press the switch to change brightness steplessly(1lm←→4000lm). Ramping changes its direction when the switch is being pressed again within 1.5 seconds. The LED flashes once when it reaches the lowest or highest end of the ramp.

3 Thanks

What's the difference between XHP50B and XHP50.2?

I did a Google search for XHP50B, and it seems like those two terms refer to the same thing, but I'm not sure.

What the….where did this nice surprise come from??? Google is giving me zero of anything for an IF23.

The switch might be a deal killer since I’d want this one in a tool bag or pocket, but it also looks like it might be simple enough to add a raised plate with some longer screws on that end.

I suppose the tail is magnetic? Side(s) too?

3A charging seems like a good thing if it’s a safe circuit.

Props to Sofirn for caring about and even mentioning the quiescent drain! Seems very good if accurate.

I’d really like to see the side flood on this light with those teeny emitters.

Did they mention color temps or cri for these emitters?

Price-ish?

The UI looks very good…the same or similar as their traditional ramping driver, which I rather like a lot (a la C8F and others from them…simpler than Anduril and even simpler than NarsilM but still very useful and functional).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005144910844.html

Want

Hmm I may need this

This looks like a light that would definitely benefit having a magnetic tailcap.

Agree. It would be a mistake not to include a magnet in the lid, just in this kind of lantern.

I agree that this light deserves a grip and tail magnet. Huge missed opportunity if not.

I love how the button is on the same side as the side LED panel, so that you blind yourself when you push the button (or light up the palm of your hand instead of your walkway.)

The button should go on the opposite side.

Perhaps their way of saying it uses the 3V version of the XHP50.2? (Available only in cold colour temps.)

Thanks for that explanation!

XHP50.2 is the name of the led while XHP50B is the first part of the parts number, so yes, it is the same led. The XHP50.3 parts number starts with XHP50D.

I wonder when the XHP50.3 3V will become widely available, preferably also with 90 CRI or 4000K.

1 Thank

Thanks for that. I googled some more and that doesn’t come up for me even when I added a site operator for ali.

I’ve not heard of that store before…they’re a legit Sofirn distributor I guess?

How come Sofirn hasn’t shared this here or on reddit…and it wasn’t appearing on their website or their official ali store yet.

Anyway…looks like a neat light. I may pick one up if we can get it for less than $40.

Looks interesting, and I’m happy to see Sofirn explore a new segment, since I’ve been looking for a “kitchen drawer” house/utility type light.

But, there are some puzzling omissions, like a magnetic tail cap. And given this is a new form factor, there don’t appear to be any easy ready-made substitutes like some of their other models have available to fill that gap.

Another omission is a power bank feature, which they’ve crammed into other models where it might be of questionable practicality, yet seems to be missing in this one, which hews closer to a serving a multi-role tool.

Reading the tea leaves of marketing copy is a inexact science at best, but the implication that C2C charging support may not be present also strikes a blow to the fulfilling the role of a utility player. Type-C is getting close to be a decade-old spec, and not a new thing in flashlights. As the anointed CE charging standard, made compulsory in some regions, the excuses for partial, or improper implementations are running out. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but skating to where the puck was, not where it’s going.

Also weird to drop a new product, unannounced, right before going on vacation for a couple weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804958236189.html

Interesting, seems to have a groove for a clip at the tail, though a little large for a pants pocket. And look Ma no lanyard nub!

Thanks for the post.

Can you tell us any more about the RGB’s?

This is a very interesting light. I just ordered several lights from sofirnlight.com today with the 20% off Chinese New Year sale, a Q8 Plus (EC06), IF19 and SC32. I would have added one of these too, had it been available on their site.

I already have a Lumintop E05C and love it, I saw this Sofirn on aliexpress recently and it reminded me of Lumintop’s big brother the E21C that I’ve also considered getting at one point. I really like this type of light for a work light.

I’m also curious about color temps or cri for the side emitters (RGB): “10 * Color LEDs(JF-387F-Y)”
Also wondering if the RGB has disco/random color modes, in the UI instructions I see no mention of even how to turn the side light on?

The Lumintop at around $20 more runs an SST40, has a magnetic tail and has Hi CRI NW Nichia’s in the side light. Until I know more I would be leaning towards the Lumintop for a work light because the Nichia and I really use the magnetic tail, but since I already have the E05C this 21700 RGB Sofirn is definitely on my list now.

The Lumintop’s will indeed blind you at turn it on… if you don’t hold it away, the switches are also on the same side as the LEDs. Mine got me a few times at first!

somebody received their if23 fast, review is up on yt

1 Thank