Sofirn IF23 4000 lumens - Loodlight and Spotlight Beam RGB Torch

Yeah, that’s my Vid on YouTube. Not much of a review as just a quick look as soon as I received it. its a ton of light in a relatively small package.

1 Thank
3 Thanks

Thanks for posting the vid. So it DOES have a magnetic tail cap? Nice. What about the “multi-colored” LED’s claimed in the product description? Can you confirm or elaborate?

Oops, haha…you posted the LED’S vid just as I submitted my questions.
Thanks, again.

Thanks for the videos! You do a great job showing off the capabilities of this light.

I’m pretty impressed by what Sofirn’s produced this time.
Sensible UI, magnetic tailcap, and smooth colour ramping as an extra? I think I’m convinced I need one.

Thanks for the videos! Great to have the tail magnet mystery solved! Strange they wouldn’t have that listed in the features.
The side light looks bright, appears a cool tint.

For the RGB colors you select a color and it’s on solid, no random or dancing modes?

Is there a manual? Or instructions for the sidelight/RGB lights? What is “smooth colour ramping”? I didn’t notice how it worked in the RGB video, went to view it again but something went wrong and now its a CNC woodshop vid.

Ok I was looking at the next video. :person_facepalming:
Looks like you can hold to scroll through the colors to select one, then you can ramp the colors brightness.

Yes sir that’s exactly how it functions.

Magnet - √

So does it charge with a Type-C to C cable?

Took a chance and ordered one yesterday. It’s right on the edge of my comfort zone price wise for an M.I.C. torch, but unique enough to justify the gamble, and it has some utilities I could use at work.

Thanks vietnamreviews for the introduction, and kellyglanzer for sharing your videos. :+1:

Thanks for the videos. If we can get a usual discount coupon from Sofirn, down to $30 or so, I think I’ll pick one up. I liked the similar Lumintop version but didn’t buy one for myself…think they were charging way too much for it and they’re kind of a pain to deal with if you ever need parts or something. Sofirn is much much better there, and even at $40 it’s probably a great value, but coupons for enthusiasts are more greater. :slight_smile:

Any chance you could remove and measure that magnet?

Some interesting comments about this thing from TLF.

Apparently, the colored output level of the flood portion is fixed, and can’t be changed.

The white can be, either ramped or stepped, with the main beam adhering to the same mode.

Both the main, and aux portions can illuminate simultaneously; triple-click to switch, and presumably cycle between one, the other, or both.

50B is rated at 6000-6500K, but warmer. Flood light 5000K. I only have one light with that emitter, rated at 5700K, and it’s fine, though it does have a green corona.

I’m tempted, but common sense says to hold off, and let others discover the bugs.

2 Thanks

Not only the bugs, but the improvements. Some light companies make a light and that’s all it will ever be and quit asking! Sofirn is good about making changes and improvements along the way.
This light is a great candidate for my new work light but I feel like as soon as I get it they’ll release an updated version that really nails it.
Was gonna say I might as well get one now because it’s probably not gonna be a big seller and I’ll just put a different emitter in it…. but it doesn’t come up on the Sofirn website (at this moment) in a search and I think I had one in the cart but it’s gone. Checked by search function and new releases.

Nice review from Smothered Chrome

Happy to see it in action.

But notice at 12:02, one of the emitters isn’t cooperating, and lights up in a different color than the rest. Oops.

Anybody knows if the RGB side light brightness can be adjusted? I wish to set to blue RGB, and navigate the blue side light to low-med-high. Just got the light but got abit confused on the operation instructions.

1 Thank

RGB side light is not adjustable for brightness. It only cycles through the colors, and a double click puts them into “flashing” mode. The white COB side light is adjustable; essentially mirrors the main emitter from a UI perspective.

1 Thank

I had to satisfy my curiosity, and ended up ordering one of these.

Some quick impressions:

• The anodizing has a duller, more satin-like finish than any other Jinba-made light I’ve handled before. Put side-by-side, it appears more grayish and not as black. I think I prefer it.

• And unlike the last two (W-branded) Jinba-made lights I’ve received, the build quality on this example is very good, and has no cosmetic flaws that escaped whatever QC takes place, if any.

• To no surprise, the XHP50 has a green corona around the hot spot like other lights equipped with it.

• The aperture for the charging port is very slim, so cables with large connector housings will not fit, or may be prevented from full insertion. For this reason, I haven’t been able to definitely verify whether C2C charging works.

• Like the TS22, it has a timed 3-minute auto lockout that requires a double-click to unlock and turn the light ON. This is likely to be a polarizing feature, but something the company has adopted for drivers with its proprietary firmware.

• Unlike the TS22, it can’t be disabled by changing the button indicator to a beacon mode, since that option doesn’t exist.

• To directly activate the white side floodlight from OFF, double-click. (I believe the manual contains an error in this regard) Except when the timed lockout is activated, which intercepts the double-click to unlock the light.

• Someone discovered that the white floodlight has more of a green element than they expected, but to my eyes, it doesn’t register, or stand out in any objectionable fashion.

• When the light is ON, triple-click cycles between spotlight/white flood/color flood/spotlight+white flood modes. But beware, if the spotlight is in turbo mode, switching to flood also results in it being in turbo mode. Spot + color flood is not one of the options.

•Within each mode, the usual conventions (double-click for turbo, hold to change level, etc.) behave as expected, except in color flood, where output is fixed at a single level.

• Each of the primary white modes has three flashing patterns – strobe/SOS/beacon. When in color mode, the flood light can simply be made to flash in a steady, not variable cadence like the primary strobe.

• To my uncalibrated eyes, there is a benefit from using a higher-current cell and/or at higher SOC than the standard-issue bundled cell. The output seemed a bit disappointing until I swapped in a P42A.

• I now see that Sofirn has recently revised the item listing description to acknowledge that it does indeed have a power bank function…but has neglected to specify the tint, which is listed as 5700-6500K on the packaging (old style, not the fancy new magnetic white boxes, at least for this first or second production run). Also, note to the factory – it’s probably not a good idea to jam the light into the blow molded plastic insert tray with the button depressed.

Anyway, I like it enough to probably order another, so I can gift one, and keep the other around the house. But I do wish they’d go back to dual-springs and not the button contacts on the driver.

I’ve also attached a scan of the manual to help fill in any blanks. (which unfortunately the forum software has resized)

1 Thank

Does anybody know, how many lumens does the color mode have? Is it the same as the white 500 lm floodlight?

It’s not specified, and I won’t hazard a guess, but the white flood light on 500lm turbo mode is uncomfortable to look at directly with naked eyes. It measured at 447lm in one review and 490lm in another.

The color mode is no problem.

The quantity of white emitters also outnumber the colored emitters by 2:1 (20 vs 10).

I would not expect the RGB function to be the light’s strong suit, even without considering it has a single fixed output level, though it can flash.

I just bought one. I love it at the price point but it does glitch from time to time. A simple power off and power back on fixes it. It will flicker and self ramp sometimes also the RGB does what is in that video above at the 12:02 mark. STILL for the price it is an AMAZING flashlight for the price. i just wonder how durable it is and if a drop will ruin it. Also wonder about the quality of the switch. Will it last? or wear out quick.