【Sofirn SC13 Pro 】What about SC13 519A + Anduril?

Hello friends in BLF:
This is Sofirn.
Do you notice that we released the 519A version of SC13? Do you like it?

We got a new suggesion, again! Adding Anduril to SC13 519A.

What do you guys think of this idea? Or any other cool ideas? Please tell us :nerd_face:

12 Thanks

I like anduril very much!
I also like the bezel to be removable by unscrewing.
And I like the switch button to have a light, like the SC21 Pro.

3 Thanks

I personally (and most people here) are huge fans of Anduril - just a few points to watch out for:

1. please ship it in simple mode by default. Anduril in simple mode is not more difficult than your usual sofirn UI for non-enthusiasts, and enthusiasts can easily switch it to advanced. If it ships in advanced, consumers will get confused and maybe even think the light is broken after entering some strange operational mode like momentary mode.
  2. please use a modern microcontroller like Attiny1616 and exposed UPDI flashing pads in the usual arrangement so we can update our lights ourselves (Wurkkos recently got a community backlash for putting the flashing pads in a spot you can’t reach without desoldering half the light on HD10).
  3. please make sure the source code for the firmware will be added to toykeepers main Anduril repository on GitHub, so we can modify and update it to our liking. That’s the whole cool thing of Anduril after all.

I would also go one step further - an Anduril light will be more niche and more expensive than the base model already. At that point, the target audience will not care whether it costs 2$ more for a Buck driver, I think.

Just be prepared that the majority of customers will not care about Anduril. That’s just a small group of people like us in this forum.

11 Thanks

I did notice, been thinking about selling my SST40 SC13 and getting Nichia one. Now I will wait for Anduril version.

Excellent idea, you’ve got a customer here!

It should be possible to get a very (I mean - very!) low moonlight as well with lowest floor setting. Like in TS10 which is very dim in lowest mode possible.

Could be a good idea for enthusiasts but keep the plain 519A version also for non-anduril people.

5 Thanks

With anduril I will gladly buy one :slight_smile:

1 Thank

I hope you enjoy your stay, inochkin!

I got one of the SC13s with 519A. I like it quite a bit better then the SST40 version. I would get another if it was offered in a model with Andruil 2…and has accessible flash pads.

1 Thank

We may only change the ui this time, but your suggestion could be another new light! Already pass to the boss :laughing:

1 Thank

Just be prepared that the majority of customers will not care about Anduril. That’s just a small group of people like us in this forum.

That’s ok, this time is for our fans in the forum, hope you will like it :smile:

3 Thanks

we will try to make it as soon as we can :smile:

Thank you my friend :smile:

1 Thank

Got you :beers:

Let’s look forward to it together :smile:

Andruil 2? Will pass to the boss :smile:

1 Thank

Sofirn, can you make a non-Anduril version (your normal UI is fine), but with flashing pads and compatible hardware so we can flash it to Anduril if we choose?

3 Thanks

The driver board design of sofirn UI is different from Anduril version. I don’t know if it can combine as one.

1 Thank

You have a buyer in me!!!