Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Should be called BLF SP10 Pro then :smiley: .

I second this clip thing from Jared.

Looking forward to the release! Agreed on clips.....deep carry and a captive ring like on the FWxx series sure is nice. I hope it will accept flat top short cells as well as normal button top...some lights lately, especially those with brass buttons instead of a spring on the driver seem to do best with button top cells. Blue is looking attractive but a green would be great to see (I know green is less popular).

Ohhh I am so excited to see this getting off the ground. The driver schematics look really good and I’ve just built what is hopefully the final hex file.

Thanks gchart! You are doing 99% of the tech work, I'm doing the moral support

Thanks L-P for organizing, documenting, managing, communicating - you know, all the due diligence time consuming stuff!

It's good to hear that you and even the Sofirn engineers are getting excited over seeing this starting to come to fruition. We may finally have a BLF project, or any flashlight for that matter, that's using some new improved technology with the tinyAVR 1-series.

To all that are working on this from BLF and Sofirn, a big thanks.

The clip makes or breaks and EDC light. I have several copper and titanium AAA tools from ReyLight and Lumentop I would love to EDC. But, everytime I sit down with them in my front pocket the darn clip pops off. I either loose or bend the clip and or loose the light. Please consider the captive deep carry option for this light.

There is a fully captive clip option

I agree it would be better if it was bent up, then down, for deeper carry

Hope they have silver anodized version

I have since found and purchased those Preon clips. They work fairly well and get used for dress now, but not work. I have better options for work.

Suggestions for better deep carry clips have been addressed to Sofirn today. I explained why it is so important to us but no guarantees that any major design changes can still be incorporated. A bare aluminum version is being discussed, too.

This is the current design, picture courtesy by Sofirn.

Beautiful

Bare aluminium version - Yes!
That clip design - No

I’m not too fussed about the two way design, I can always cut that off, but they need to extend it towards the tail before the bend to come back down. Surely that can’t be hard to implement?

Oh god, not another 2-way NOT deep carry clip :(

NOOOO

Clip is terrible!

Seriously, how hard is this?

Copy the Thrunite T10 and be done with it.

Please at least make it captive…

That clip definitely isn't what's being clamored for. :) If that's how they need to release the light, perhaps they can make another accessory clip soon and sell it separately?

Double or single...I think most prefer single. The idea is that the entire flashlight can sit in the pocket without the tailcap or part of it sticking up. That actually matters sometimes. Really best with the captive ring, too, so it does not come unclipped with hard work, crouching, work belts, etc, etc. I hope they are receptive to making one like that because it WORKS and it's what people want. Hide and protect the light fully inside a pocket and make sure the clip can't come off.

But the light itself....take my money. :)

Can’t stand all these double clips.They just make lights more uncomfortable to hold. Single bezel down deep carry is the only way to go.

Friction fit / clip on with a front and rear groove can satisfy different preferences too. Note the Thrunite…

Interested! Does the light still have a magnetic tailcap? The schematic looks like the lanyard hole extends out.

Guys, thanks a lot for your input about the clip. I strongly recommended Sofirn to redesign the current clip. I proposed a clip like this one, being both fully captive and deep carry…

The good news is that Sofirn will at least take this idea into consideration. This does not necessarily mean it will be realized eventually. Most important here is that the tailcap still makes good electrical contact even when the clip‘s ring is off.

Let’s have our fingers crossed that we get to see a more appealing clip anytime soon.

well done
a pic speaks volumes