Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Very odd. Manual memory is not working on mine. I just received 2 from the Sofirn website. Not sure what is going on here…

Edit: Never mind, must have set timer by accident.

So, my tint seems warmer than 5000K (which I like). The clips are terrible. I put on alternative slide on clips and messed up the anodizing on one light trying not to mess up the anodizing. :frowning:

The other is fine. In any case, Anduril 2 in AA and 14500 with single LED, all for under $25. I’m happy.

The clip comes preinstalled? If so, can it be taken off without scratching the ano?

I got it off with only minor scuffing, but I was messing around with another clip and gouged it up. Fragile finish/aluminum.

Ah, right. The default config uses hybrid memory. The config includes a few things…

• Bottom channel: levels 1 to 15
  • Top channel: level 16 to 150
  • Default UI: Simple, in stepped mode from 15 to 150 in 5 steps: 15, 48, 82, 116, 150
  • Smooth ramp available too, without having to go through the advanced UI
  • Manual memory level: 50 (or whatever step is closest)
  • Manual memory timer: 10 minutes
  • Advanced mode stepped ramp: 1 to 150 in 7 steps: 1, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150

And I just realized I forgot to merge the branch with the production SP10 code, so I should probably do that…

1 Thank

What type of pogo pin we have to use for upgrade future firmware?

Gchart put information on 1 series flashing in his thread

Xplained nano or USB to Serial TTL are the best solutions, with a board like this on which you solder these types of pogo pins

I’m putting some full kits together right now that will probably be $10 or less with US shipping, but shipping outside of the US would be expensive ($14+ for shipping alone). You can use something like the CH340-based USB to Serial TTL adapter shown below. Jump across the RX and TX pins with a Schottky diode like a BAT54WS or B5819WS as described here. You could probably use bent-up male pins from dupont wires for a temporary flashing key, or you can use a “proper” pogo-pin adapter like this one with P50-B1 pogo pins. Pymcuprog would then be used do to the flashing.

Edit: thefreeman beat me to it, thanks!

:smiley: , I should try those serial to TTL adapters, I bought several and also CH340s to assemble the all in one board you shared, but since the Xplained nano works very well for flashing I just haven’t yet.

Apparently the Wurkkos WK10 will also use a T1616, more lights coming out with them means that more people will need a programmer, hopefully Sofirn will get on it.

Probably the wrong thread to suggest this. But the brilliant few are in this thread!

To the Ladies & Gents who made this light possible. Could ya’ll suggest to LUMINTOP, about turning the LUMINTOP FROG into an AA/14500 A2 light?

It would already fit there product line. As well as how they like to scale everything to match.

Just unpackaged my Sp10 Pro and its pretty much exactly as expected. Only tested on alkaline and the included 14500 and it seems to work fine. I’m normally not a fan of side switches- for multiple reasons- but this one seems tolerable. Not quite as easy to find/use by touch as a zebralight but better than many. The washer trick won’t work so well as it already sits in a slight recess. While with the stock configuration the lock out mode still offers two very usable modes (single click moon and double click for a utility level). May or may not end up gluing the clip in place to aid in sight-free orientation and button finding as I have found that helped a LOT on my IF25A (I didn’t glue that one but the armytek wizard clip indexes quite securely).

I know a lot of people like the 5000k LH351D and its very OK… but I’m in for a red to match this green if they do a 3500k!!

Red ones finally arrived. Yah! Now the bad part, bezels are glued :rage: Managed to open up 1, the other one is much more stuck. Love the red colour though.

Has anyone else noticed that Sofirn’s black models are never glued, but coloured ones are. With luck a black SP10 pro will arrive later today and we’ll see if that one adheres to this observation as well.

Edit:
Both opened now. Here’s what to expect, it’s all around the entire thread, not just in 1 or 2 places.

Finally merged it though… now that I noticed it hadn’t already been done.

In any case, I’m glad to hear people are mostly enjoying the new light. I agree the host could use some changes… but the driver seems to work really well.

The default config on this light is a little different than usual; was going for hopefully sane defaults for casual users who don’t configure anything. The full set of options is still available for everyone else though.

Thank you, ToyKeeper. Now I just need the light. Tracking shows that it is almost here…

Mine hasn’t shown up in Germany. When did you order yours?

I ordered 3/22.

Did you have to heat it to get it open?

Just measured it with a clamp and fully charged included battery: 2,75A and dropping.

Not this time. With batteries charging it would take a while to heat up by other means, so I figured I might try again after I ate a good breakfast to get some new strength. Then put some latex gloves on and voila! Size is actually a problem with these smaller lights, hard to get good grip. The 1st one I could open with bare hands.

2022-03-30 – I know, pretty late. :slight_smile: “Almost here” = landed safely somewhere in the EU few days ago.

edit: Update just a few minutes ago. It was sorted in Essen. Yay.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

Late, but as we know: The early worm gets eaten :wink:

(Corrected date,)