Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Congrats on your new SP10 Pro w magnetic tail option.

fwiw, gchart sells a very nice reflashing tool for SP10 Pro, IF you want to get rid of the blinks at top of ramp.

The tool also works to reflash TS10, if you happen to get one of the first run with the older firmware.

Thank you.
Nothing flickers, everything suits me.
Thanks for the suggestion.

My question as well, Sofirn offers magnetic tailcaps as a separately purchased option for several of their lights. Offer it as part of a “kit” or “package” and charge appropriately.

It’s an odd thing. One might say it’s to sell more piecemeal items, but they’re so cheap… why not just put it in the original package and increase the price by the 50c or $1 or so that they’re asking?

I mean, I’m sure there are folks who specifically don’t want magnets in their lights, but I’m willing to bet that they’re a fairly small percentage of the flashlight enthusiast population.

I replied earlier saying I’d give this a shot with a piece of aluminium plate to ‘spread the heat’. Didn’t need the aluminium, just held the MPCB over a small candle with tweezers, worked an absolute treat! Thanks!

Congrats on a successful reflow.

I float and bop :smiley:

Floating is desirable, it means there’s enough solder.

Watch Vesture’s video from about 6:20 for a couple of minutes for a good demonstration. He ‘bops’ out the excess solder around 8:10, this works better with larger, heavier LEDs but is trickier with smaller, lighter LEDs.
(Obvs you can watch the whole thing, there’s good info in there showing different heating methods.)

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/39482

I use a cotton bud or a little piece of soft wood for bopping but fingers and tweezers obvs work too.

Not satisfied with the stock clip (it’s not ‘lippy’ enough to go over jeans easily), I had a rummage in my spare parts box… The Astrolux/BLF/ EagleEyes X5 Clip fits almost perfectly!

The X5 clip is less sleek than stock clip, due to the more aggressive bends- I also widened the top slightly to allow the clip to fully slide over the seam on the top of the pocket, and bent the clip towards the body more to ensure it holds firmly.

3C from lockout unlocks the light

Hi members, using and loving my SP10 Pro for quite a time now but just discovered this weird behavior (at least to me). 3C unlocks the flashlight. Unlike 4C that turns the light on, 3C flashes and takes the flashlight to off unlocked.

Is this how it’s supposed to work? Would you please try this?

After some reading I just discovered that this is now part of Toykeeper’s Anduril 2 User Manual, so answering myself yes, it’s normal. But haven’t seen this before. Not mentioned in the delivered printed manual, nor in the cool diagrams posted in this groups.
Detail from Toykeeper’s current definition:

Hi jon_slider, just noticed that SP10 Pro unlocks on 3C from lockup. Searching comments I found it mentioned once, but I was not aware of this. And, as far as I know diagrams don’t cover this change to Anduril 2 either.

3C unlocks to off, unlike 4C that turns the light on. It gives a short blink though. Good fun tion but I think it compromises the safety of 4C unlock to a certain degree.

Check out the excellent generic “Anduril 2 User Interface Chart” posted by “u/containerfan” on Reddit r/flashlight at URL:

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/sk1upj/andúril_2_ui_chart/

Thank you so much. I studied the Rev 642 and it’s already there. And I didn’t notice it. Sorry for the comments, it’s probably only new to me.

Can i change the lumens of step mode with sp 10 pro?
I want such like:
1 lumens - 10 lumens - 50 lumens (or 100 lumens) - 200 lumens - 400 lumens - 900 lumens?
or something else?

Not exactly the way you describe,

The light uses Anduril UI. There are several features that allow you to control the outputs, for example, you can set the floor, ceiling, and number of steps. The actual outputs at each step is determined automatically.

1 Thank

You can change the lower and upper level and the number of steps. All steps should have an equal perceived brightness change (although it isn’t perfect).

1 Thank

Thank @SammysHp and @Jon_silder
i search and see this in the anduril2-manual

Ramp config menu.

Item 1: Floor level.
Item 2: Ceiling level.
Item 3:
Stepped ramp: Number of steps. Can be 1 to 150.

If i set floor level is 0.01 lumens(the lowest), the ceiling level is 300 lumens., the number of step is 5. So how many lumens will be of those 5 step?

You won’t get exact numbers. The brightness might also depend on battery voltage and temperature. Usually it’s enough to know that they are “evenly” spaced based on the perceived brightness.

This might be something similar to

1:   0.01 lm
2:   1.47 lm
3:  17.00 lm
4:  87.48 lm
5: 300.00 lm
1 Thank

thank you, can you show me how to calculate those number?
If i know how to make those numbers, i can choose the floor level, ceiling level and step to have the lumens i want

There’s this level_calc script. You give it lowest brightness, highest brightness, the number of steps and a ramp shape and it will calculate a ramp table. It will also output the target brightness.

1 Thank

thank you, but how can i use this script or run it?
i am using windows 10

With all due respect, trying to limit Anduril to specific outputs is not the best way to experience what the UI has to offer. Anduril can reach a wide range of outputs, it does not have to be limited to just 5 specific steps.

I suggest you buy an Anduril light and learn what it has to offer. Once you experience the UI, your questions will change.

Imagine an American who does not know what Pho is, and he starts by asking if Pho tastes like a Hamburger. His lack of experience makes him ask the wrong question. He would learn a lot more by trying the Pho. :wink:

Pho contains ingredients and flavors that are not limited to the taste of a Hamburger.

Anduril can give you access to outputs that are not limited to just 5 steps. FWIW, I like to set my anduril lights to use 12 steps. This gives me much more useful mode spacing. At other times I dont use steps at all, I like the ability to ramp up or down to find the brightness I like in different situations.

Anduril offers a much richer UI experience than a basic 5 step light. Pho offers a much richer experience than a basic Hamburger :wink:

2 Thanks