Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Oh hmm, I’m sure we can find some suitable ones somewhere and order them, instead of getting custom ones.

the RRT-01 benefits from a couple of upgrades.
more packing grease, and a High CRI LED :slight_smile:

some RRT-01 do have too little packing grease under the control ring, so it turns too easily.

The fix is Nyogel 767a… I make the control ring damping firm enough… there is no way it can turn on by itself

That could be an viable option if well designed clips were even remotely common. I seriously can’t remember the last time a light was released the first time with a good clip. Some v2.0 designs from Emisar for example are great, but the original kr4 clip sucked too.

I found some pics of the SP10S (same host?) and it has the type of cheap clip I’d expect on a light like this. It’s a cheap light after all. What kind of clip do you want instead? If you want a McLux-style clip with screws, I think the host has to be designed with some reinforcement (thicker tube wall or whatever) where the clip screws in. If some other kind of clip, do you have a picture?

Eagtac clips !!!

Eagletac does their accessories very well. Have a D25A clicky and G25C2 modded. Haven’t looked at them recently, but early days they were my favorite premium brand.

Do you mean this clip, with the two little screws?

I believe that style of clip first appeared on the McLux 1, so I call it a McLux-style clip, but they are very common now. It must be possible to buy them somewhere. The one in that picture doesn’t look all that great compared to some that I’ve seen.

JaredM, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2049685616.html ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32579921654.html

A clip like the original Thrunite T10 would be pretty much ideal for this light, if they could make it captive, even better! Like I originally posted here:

to me firefly mode has two very important purposes:
illumination at night without waking other people up
reading a book on the back seat at night without illuminating the car interior (= without distracting the driver / preventing him seeing out the windows of the car).

the 0.5 lumen of the SP10S are almost too much, 0.3 lumen would be even better.

on the MCU one pin does PWM for (regular) high modes, then the other pin, up to say 5mA drives the LED directly from the MCU via resistor, with PWM for ramping low to ultralow modes.
when in the higher modes, configure the low-drive-pin to be a floating input to eliminate stray currents.

Interested

I have a bunch of that clip laying around, and there’s a reason why it’s so cheap. It’s pretty flimsy, with fairly sharp edges. It’s okay-ish on the lights it was designed for, but Reylight’s titanium screw-on clips are a much nicer alternative.

In either case though, it’s way too big for this light, and requires attachment holes this light doesn’t have. It’s meant specifically for Convoy’s 18650 lights.

Sounds like you’re talking about a moon mode, which is typically under 1 lumen but above 0.1 lm. Moon modes are very useful for gently illuminating things in the dark, and if I understand correctly, the SP10 Pro will probably have a moon mode.

Firefly modes are usually under 0.1 lm, and are more useful for locating the light in the dark, not for reading with.

Well,the SP10S already have moon(Eco) mode 0.5lm according specs.
But with the illogic mode sequence L-M-H-Eco on NI-mh batt.
Have a ramp start Below 0.1lm on sp10pro will be better

The wire-style clip like the one used on the last aluminum “colorful” Lumintop Worm is a style I’d like to see more of. I remember seeing a member here years back that used to make clips of that style and retrofit them onto tiny lights by drilling holes in the tailcap and using epoxy or UV setting glue or something to keep them in place. Maybe there will be enough meat in the tailcap to try this? Idk

I wouldn’t say no to that option! At least is deep carry :wink:

Here it is! The good ’ol days of BLF and Match (the member). Match's Mods: Home made Deep Carry Pocket Clip

Has it been checked at what voltage the MCU is powered ? Given that this is a AA/14500 light it could be powered which a charge pump, the output of the boost converter or maybe other techniques and the voltage might be less than 2.7V which is the limit for 10MHz (SOA diagram).

As L-P mentioned way back here in post #1032, the first prototype has arrived!

No special markings

The glamorous, incredibly functional clip everyone's been talking about. Well I mean, uhh....

The green SC31 Pro also arrived today:

Compared next to a similar well received AA light:

What makes this AA light so special? Those 3 pin holes on top, and the name below...

Exciting news! :partying_face: