Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Tom E - Thanks for the picture update.

Is the switch impressively superb or just adequate?

For me, Anduril enjoyment and satisfaction is highly dependent on how well the switch feels and functions unlike other user interfaces where almost any switch will suffice.

Yes! Thank you Gchart and everyone else that made this possible. True BLF history

What a momentous occasion!

I can’t wait to connect a telegraph key to those pinholes! Maybe this one:

http://www.i2rtf.com/camelback.html

:slight_smile:

Added: is the tailcap really larger in diameter than the body tube? I hope they can fix that. It looks unbalanced otherwise.

Love it!!

Hope the SC21 will get those pin holes, too.

I totally agree. So far this switch is looking good to me. My opinion is stiff, low profile switches that are great for avoiding accidental activation are the worse for ramping advanced UI's. I'm having a little difficulty in finding/feeling the switch because the smooth metal blends in, but the touch is relatively soft, the button protrudes slightly, and seems to be consistently working even with uneven or non-centered clicks. I position the clip 90 degs to the right on all my EDC's so it helps finding the switch. But so far in my opinion, the switch is working very well with the A2 UI.

The new SC31 Pro I just got, it's switch is a little too stiff - don't think my old SC31 Pro was this stiff, not sure. It's low profile for sure, it feels solid though - no slop, tight between the rubber boot and switch, but takes higher pressure to hold down. Might be spoiled now with the SP10, but either the boot material is stiff, or the switch is a higher pressure type. Overall really not bad though - I'd take it, just would like to see it activate and stay down with less pressure for these UI's.

The big WT90's switch is low profile - really no reason to be so because the light is so freak'n big, and the switch is hidden below considerable heat sync finning. You should expect bigger lights to have stiffer switches, but they are easier to manage, but the WT90's switch should definitely be easier to find with a raised surface.

The EDC18's bunny switch is notorious for it's stiffness, although the newer raw alum one I got is definitely better, softer activation, less slop.

Of course there are a few factors in the quality of a switch (protruding height, boot material, surface feel, gap between the boot and mechanism, pressure rating of the switch, etc.), and the classic trade-off between accidental activation and ease of use.

Cool 8) Dreams are closer to reality 8)

Is accidental activation likely to be a problem? That’s a big concern for me since I have some lights where it keeps happening and is quite annoying. The D4v2 switch is on the stiff side but I find it usable, and the raised ring around it really helps a lot. It would be great if the SP10 Pro could have a raised ring like that.

And thanks for all the work on this!

I've been wearing the SP10 proto in my front jeans pocket all morning so far, no problems, but I find the clip at 90 degs with the switch facing to the inside of the pocket works really well for me to prevent activations. I'll continue to wear it through my normal activities and see how it goes.

It still have pineapple knurling? :weary:

My prototype just arrived as well. I can’t say with any certainty, but I think these prototypes are normal SP10S bodies just with the new driver in them. I’d wait to pass judgment based on what you see here with the bodies.

Would have bought it on the spot if it had usb charging.

I will still buy it on the spot.

I have an addiction to AA and AAA lights.

Lack of built in cahrging is kind of a turn off for me though.

I would imagine it would be pretty difficult (if not impossible) to implement on board charging for a multi-fuel light. Maybe some liability issues as well if someone mistakenly charges a standard alkaleak or lithium primary(?).

The Skilhunt M150 is AA/14500 and has built in charging, so it’s possible.

It’s not that important though, unscrewing a tailcap and taking the battery out to charge doesn’t take any more sense than putting on a pair of pants.

Remember there’s little space. A sandwich driver would make the light longer. Too long for me.

Charging only works with li-ion on the M150, on-board charging is seldom compatible with both li-ion and nimh.

I have always wondered how the charging circuit recognizes the type of battery, having it would be wonderful with a dim RG Led for a quick check battery status when light turn on