Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Red ones finally arrived. Yah! Now the bad part, bezels are glued :rage: Managed to open up 1, the other one is much more stuck. Love the red colour though.

Has anyone else noticed that Sofirn’s black models are never glued, but coloured ones are. With luck a black SP10 pro will arrive later today and we’ll see if that one adheres to this observation as well.

Edit:
Both opened now. Here’s what to expect, it’s all around the entire thread, not just in 1 or 2 places.

Finally merged it though… now that I noticed it hadn’t already been done.

In any case, I’m glad to hear people are mostly enjoying the new light. I agree the host could use some changes… but the driver seems to work really well.

The default config on this light is a little different than usual; was going for hopefully sane defaults for casual users who don’t configure anything. The full set of options is still available for everyone else though.

Thank you, ToyKeeper. Now I just need the light. Tracking shows that it is almost here…

Mine hasn’t shown up in Germany. When did you order yours?

I ordered 3/22.

Did you have to heat it to get it open?

Just measured it with a clamp and fully charged included battery: 2,75A and dropping.

Not this time. With batteries charging it would take a while to heat up by other means, so I figured I might try again after I ate a good breakfast to get some new strength. Then put some latex gloves on and voila! Size is actually a problem with these smaller lights, hard to get good grip. The 1st one I could open with bare hands.

2022-03-30 – I know, pretty late. :slight_smile: “Almost here” = landed safely somewhere in the EU few days ago.

edit: Update just a few minutes ago. It was sorted in Essen. Yay.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

Late, but as we know: The early worm gets eaten :wink:

(Corrected date,)

I have noticed the same problem on my black SP10 Pro, but mostly stepping down to a lower level before turning off. I can’t remember if it has flashed before turning off, will try it later. Also the driver in my black one is also a bit loose, while on my red one it was glued. I am glad you got a replacement, but I hope it can be fixed with a firmware upgrade.

I have swapped a 519A in mine and I measured 4A with a freshly charged Vapcell H10.

That H10 probably eats baby Sofirn cells for breakfast :smiley: Good to have a number for a non-stock cell.

Btw, red and green are basically sold out at sofirnlight.com. Assuming that’s a good sign and these are selling good.

My black one was glued tightly

Ugh… buy a flashlight and get a workout for free.

Mine’s still not here. Already 5 days from when the package entered the country. Usually takes 1 or 2 days, so I’m no longer making any predictions.

I bought 2, the black one wasn’t glued at the bezel or the driver, the red one was glued both at the bezel and the driver.

My stock emitter/battery in red host has flashed a few times when turning off. Low level light flash, though. So, I’m not majorly worried about it. If it was a flash of Turbo and I’m trying to preserve night vision that would be awful!

19 days since ordering. Asked Sofirn. Answer: No shipping capacity due to Corona :person_facepalming:

Yes, it’s still in a container in China.

I feel your pain. I have other stuff coming in that I don’t even check on, anymore. Tracking is unreliable. Like this Sofirn order… it just shows up!

Estimated date is April 28th.

No Problem, I don’t need it, just intended to do a review on TLF. But I do this only if I get a light early, so I can scrap this plan.