Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

great info! it happens to match the DUV of my dedomed 519a in a Ti LAN, measured with an Opple:

I tested at max output w AA, which on my meter was 104 lumens… The dedomed beam in the Reylight reflector is really excellent, completely smooth spill transition.

How is the dedomed beam in your SP10 PRO… any shadow rings in the spill?

Here is what I have for you, I’m not going to pry out the driver now, it may be glued and it works fine now. It looks like it has a secondary board perpendicular to this one, no doubt that is where the switch is.

The beam is perfect :slight_smile:

Thank you very much djozz!
It seems that the overal shape/structure is more or less similar to the SP10A/B driver.
It doesn’t have a retaining ring there, has it?
Eventually it will fit on the older hosts, depending on the “perpendicular” board and wiring.

Again, thank you very much for this photo :wink:

Very nice! I might steal that idea one of these days if you don’t mind :wink:

Nope, no ring.

Thanks for confirming :wink:

See my post on reddit

:+1:

Ahah, super!
So, the switch is different from the older SP10 models, but the overall structure and fitting seems similar. Eventually there may be some differences in sizes, but they are probably minimal!

Thanks for pointing up your post and for the teardown of the flashlight’s head! :wink:

djozz….that brass washer looks sharp! Nice work! I think I might copy you. I’ve got some colored anodized aluminum washers that will probably work, but I like the way that brass looks. My green light should arrive any day now. (and I sure hope it doesn’t have that weird off-blink behavior. Anyone have ideas on what could cause that glitch?)

Not yet, but gchart was able to reproduce the dim-before-off issue and is looking for ways to fix it.

Thanks, TK. If it’s firmware then I suppose this will be the impetus that finally gets me to dive into that rabbit hole. :slight_smile:

lol

mine took 8 days to reach USA
for the last 6 days its been on vacation in California,
today it took a wrong turn and went an extra 1200 miles past my house :person_facepalming:

Is it just me, or does that flashlight on the left kinda look like a bomb?

Red one arrived as well today. That was ordered directly from Sofirn store.
Both I have behave the same. The light-off bug is present on both, same behaviour.

On the other hand, temperature and voltage calibration are perfect on both. I think this is the first time I got an Anduril light that did not need a calibration.
Regarding the button, they are pretty stiff on mine, I so far had not managed to accidentally trigger it. Still thinking about enabling the auto lockout feature.

Nice color…
Or unscrew tailcup for safe OFF

Received mine (green) yesterday. Color is more of a polished OD, almost identical in tone to my Astrolux EA02. Clip sucks…have removed it for now. I think @jasontheguitarist posted somewhere about shrink tubing the clip ears. Might try that. Have tried all cell chemistries in this (Inc. Li-ion primaries at 1.79V), and they all work well. Noted the ‘off-bug’ randomly during initial testing, but have been unable to replicate it since performing a factory reset and setting my ramp and turbo preferences. This is a good little ‘trainer’ light for Anduril II, and I’m really liking some of the upgraded features in this newer version. The ability to switch between smooth and stepped ramping in simple UI is a welcome upgrade, as well as choosing ramp speed and turbo preferences. And it truly does drop the ramp floor to more of a firefly mode. Good stuff (thanks TK, et al).
My only question/concern is about the driver installation. Am I correct that it appears to just be glued in place? How will that stand up over time?

Many lights have their drivers glued. It just works. Retainers otoh can come loose. Lexels noticed this couple of years ago.

I believe we have the lights-off bug squashed. I added a 4ms delay between disabling the PWM and disabling the boost regulator. TK added a similar delay when enabling regulators in certain lights. It just looks like the SP10 Pro needs one when turning the light off.

So far 3 people have flashed this new firmware: myself, our own SammysHP, and user thermal-runaway on reddit. We all could produce the bug before flashing it, and afterwards there have been no reports of the bug. If you have the equipment to flash with and would like to test this out for yourself, the file can be found here

Once we’ve had a chance to really put this through it’s paces, we’ll get an updated file over to Barry (Sofirn) for use in the next batch.