【Sofirn SP31V3 519A 】Will you like it?

Hello dear members of BLF, this is Sofirn team.
We noticed that some of you want a SP31 V3 that using 519A.

After discussion, we decided to make it!
What do you guys think? :beers: :beers:
(May I know why you like 519A?)

6 Thanks

High CRI
Good R9
Good amount of lumens for High CRI
Generally great tint
Easy to dedome
Dedoming gives you more throw, warmer tint and rosier tint

9 Thanks

No wonder many people like it

3 Thanks

The UI is missing the turbo shortcut. Do it like the C8L, double half press the tailswitch. Even double clicking the side switch while on doesn’t go to turbo like your other lights do.

All the SP31v3 needs is a 519A and the same UI from the C8L.

1 Thank

It has last mode memory, so if you last used turbo, it will turn on in turbo.

Which CCT are you planning on using?

1 Thank

That’s helpful, thank you for your suggestion. :smile:

It’ll be 5000k

2 Thanks

Please offer it with the SFT40-W also!

1 Thank

Why do you like SFT40 :nerd_face:

High output, clean beams woth great throw even out of small reflectors and orange peel reflectors, and it’s efficient. A great LED for flashlights.

1 Thank

519A sounds like a winner.

SFT40 would also be great.

3 Thanks

Agreed with UI change, add double tap tailswitch from off for turbo. That will make it perfect.

wow surpriced to see you like SFT40 more than 519A, I see so many people here prefer 519A (I’m new to Sofirn, not so familiar with the differences among all these leds :rofl:)

It depends upon the application. The 519A sacrifices some throw for high CRI. The SFT-40 can provide highly efficient throw, at the sacrifice of CRI.

SFT-40 came out initially as 6000~6500k. But now it can be had as low as 3000k. What temperature might you be offering on it?

1 Thank

Do you use turbo often?

I believe technical people from Sofirn also read this thread, not only Sofirn’s marketing department that initiated this questionary.

It sort of depends on who you ask. Ask enthusiast what they want and it’s unilaterally going to be: High CRI, warm tints, Anduril, and anything that starts with ‘H’ and ends with ‘anklight.’

I’ve reviewed over 100 flashlights and while I like the 519A a lot, especially in single led setups (like FC11C) it sacrifices output and efficiency and intensity (cd/mm2) for high CRI and nice tints. In a flashlight, efficiency (lm/w), and low thermal resistance. The SFT40-W has all of those and is a significant upgrade to the sst40 and OSrams Boost HX. Basicslly it’s the Swiss Army Knife of LEDs. My other favorite is the Xhp70.3 HI and 50.3 HI.

Wow thank you for your explaination, so nice of you :smile:

It’ll be 5000k, high CRI

1 Thank