Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

Sofirn have own rewap 26650 5500 mah not sure how good it is ,may be they can ship 2 inside the light.

Worst case you could use some magnets to make the LK cells work, not ideal but it works ok as long as it is only used on the tailcap side.

Or solder a brass button to the tailcap spring to make it longer.

What country are you in SB?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Connector-for-flat-battery-series-instead-of-little-magnet-Flashlights-parts/1812094_32667378904.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.3.57e03a7avZ6Jg9

I always liked this idea though i’ve never tried it. It’s not permanent and could be made/modded to have little resistance.

Keeppowers 5200 is old and doesn’t perform that well.

Keeppowers 6000 is a newer cell and does perform well, but it’s a bit fat. We will need to make sure the battery tube can fit them.

The black Liitokala’s are fine.

Are you guys okay with smaller cells rattling around in the battery tube?

You can always use a piece of paper as a spacer to stop the rattle.

Please note…. Some Liitokala 26650’s will work in series.
There is no rhyme or reason to it & it is a crap shoot as to whether they will or not.

I have about 20 of them and approximately half of those will work in series.

For the ones that will not I use one of these ‘handy dandy’ battery connectors from Jaxman.

HERE is a link to a thread about them.

And HERE is a link to them at AliExpress.

Or… you can solder b(. )( .)b them…… :wink:

Edit… contactcr beat me to it. :wink:

I’m ok with little rattle. Better than not fit.
I asked sofirn about spring distances.

+1 … :+1: . I’d rather have a tiny bit of extra room than not enough.

I’m not sure how good they are either. Their pictures and ratings don’t match. We would probably need to test some.

They wouldn’t tell me details on their 4000mah 21700 battery so I doubt they would on their 26650. I bought one of their 21700 and will test it out, but I can’t do extensive tests like HKJ.

@ cncyana…. Aren’t you saying the battery tube in the picture is to long…. not to scale??
[/quote]

yes, the battery tube seems a bit too long and not to scale. But no big deal, it’s just a rendering and not a blueprint.

OK…. that’s what I thought you were saying. Where as battery diameter would play no part. :+1:

Any progress news of this ?

Not really. I gave them some advice on battery size fitment. They said they will make the battery tube 27mm so the big Shockli 5500 and KeepPower 6000 (26.8mm) will fit.

I recommended a round tail cap base for better tail standing. They were like me and wondered why anyone would want to tail stand such a big, top heavy light. We will see what happens.

Since they want a 5400K-5700K tint emitter, I recommended they try to use a 2A or 2D as it will have less green in it compared to the 2B or 2C.

I just recieved what I think is a 2C 5700K 70.2 and put it in my L6. The color seems fine to me. I still slightly prefer the 6500K tint, but at least I don’t see any green.

Sofirn and a lot of flashlight companies based in Shenzhen, near Hong Kong, got hit by the typhoon. Tracy said it was strong, but quick. Everyone at Sofirn is fine.

The SP70 thread is back to hibernation mode.

Thanks JasonWW ,hope to see this light soon.

I got an nfo about batter lengths. The distance between uncompressed battery springs is 120.74mm springs can compress enough so they said unprotected and pritected cells will fit.

I guess the min and max battery lengths should be 2 x 65mm and 2 x 70mm or 130mm to 140mm. So you can run 26650 either protected or not, but 21700 has to be unprotected. This sounds good.

I’m glad to hear that I’ll be able to use my protected Keeppower 6000mah batteries in this light. Not that many flashlights have room for them. I had to buy a few extra battery tubes for the L6 until I found one that would fit them…

Can your protection circuits handle the high current?

the KP protected are 10A would those be enough?

It depends on whether they are using the same protection circuits as their 5200 batteries from a couple years ago. I’ve got a set of KP protected 5200mah batteries. On my L6, if I use Liitokala I can draw 17A. On the KP they don’t trip, but they do limit the amp draw to 10A. So I guess you’ll just have to wait and see if the circuits trip or just reduces the current on the SP70.